Dolphins are expecting 2014 third-round OG Billy Turner to be a starter next season. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins are expecting 2014 third-round OG Billy Turner to be a starter next season.

They still need to go after a stud in FA ... I hope they don't forget that.

I hope this mentality doesn't stop them from trying to bring in a top FA OG.

I don't have a problem with this. Turner has the tools and the attitude. ... he just needs the technique work and experience. He got by on over matching physically at a low level college. In the NFL that is pure disaster. So he needed to develop his technique and adjust to a new position.

He is STILL a work in progress and a developmental project. But hopefully he has come a long way and we can let him learn on the fly now.

He was hurt in the offseason and never got the chance to catch up.. Same thing happened to Dallas Thomas last year who is a LG and then they had him playing 3 different spots in what really was his rookie season. I'm not giving up on Dallas. OL should be Albert Thomas Pouncey Turner James in 2015. It's time to let the draft picks loose. If they fail then hickey and philbin are out. Teams all over the league have there 3rd-5th round OL draft picks starting and playing. Take the bumps because you drafted them for a reason. Our cap space in the offseason should not be going to the Oline. Draft another kid in the same range.

You could make the same argument with Jelani Jenkins.
Talent is talent. Some players just need to refine their game.

Jenkins earned his spot by playing at a higher level than our other LBs and winning a starting spot on the roster during the season. He was on the depth chart behind Ellerbe when the season began. He wasn't proclaimed a 2014 starter at the end of the 2013 season.

I don't like the idea of proclaiming anybody starter this early especially someone who hardly played last year however Turner is exactly what we need to fill a guard spot so i really hope the kid shines.
if so we are only looking for one more OL starter as opposed to last year where we had to replace the whole damn line ( except Pouncy who was injured )

Back
Top Bottom