Dolphins are Red Sox of NFL | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins are Red Sox of NFL

XNOUGHT

Objective Pats fan ;)
Reaction score
I am a Pats fan, but a Red Sox fan as well.

I feel for you guys.

THE SAME THINGS, happen to us every year.

We get a great roster together, looks like we finnally have a chance to win the big one, we start off strong, but again and again we fall apart from injuries or we mentally fall apart.

I am not saying you guys are the same, were cursed, you guys still have a chance.

:( ;) :D

Baseball and the Patriots have one thing in common, they both suck!

Originally posted by XNOUGHT

I feel for you guys.

We get a great roster together, looks like we finnally have a chance to win the big one, we start off strong, but again and again we fall apart from injuries or we mentally fall apart.

I am not saying you guys are the same, were cursed, you guys still have a chance.

You may as well slam us, our own fans are doing it. Forget about finishing strong. According to some we're falling apart before we start.

i am not too sure about that. you can name on one hand how top free agents\trades miami brings in.

i don't count seau and griese. seau is a older fellow who's best days are over. (i am glad he is here though)

and nobody really wanted griese at all

Re: Re: Dolphins are Red Sox of NFL

Originally posted by fairbanksb

You may as well slam us, our own fans are doing it. Forget about finishing strong. According to some we're falling apart before we start.

LOL :lolcry:

Originally posted by XNOUGHT

I feel for you guys.

Haven't you already started this thread a month or two ago ?

I remember reading something similar about the Red Sox...

XNOUGHT...

I don't know what you are talking about, everything is great here.
No worries, mate.

Dolphins are the NFL version of the Red Sox til they prove other-wise.. I agree.. So much talent, yet havent gotten it done yet..

That's the way I bust on Patriots fans, who in turn are also Red Sox fans, when they raz me every single December.

Well interesting comparisons there.
The diferences of course are in facilities(Fenway is old with small seats), uniforms(nice bright colors and good striping for the Phins, dull blah designs for the Shawwcks), and that the Shawwcks had a pair of long periods where they were awful(1921-1934, 1952-1965). Also the Shawwcks have one mortal enemy who they orginally propped up to make good(1920), while the Phins have at least 2 that sort of rotate, and niether has won a title since Phins last won one, unlike the 26 won by the enemy of the Shawwcks.
There is a definite common element with the two teams. The greatest player for each team is very much alike. Ted Williams and Dan Marino are those two great men.
Each one grew up far away from where the teams play(Ted in San Diego, Dan in Pittsburgh). Each one was the greatest player ever in his sport at his skill(Ted as a hitter, Dan as a passer). Each one got to the championship level once early in their carrers(Ted in 1946, 4th year, Dan in 1984, 2nd year), did not get the title, and never were able to get back. Each revolutionized the game. Each made the number that he wore a popular, and must want number on numbers not popular before each of them(there were no great #9's in baseball prior to Ted, but many follwed, #13 was definitely unpopular prior to Dan but is widely used nowdays). Each of them are bigger than life personalities.

Hate to bust the bubble of people saying the Pats suck, but last I remember they won a small game called the Super Bowl 2 years ago.....

I live in NE and, trust me, the Fins are nothing like the Red Sox. Just because Miami hasn't won a Superbowl since '72 doesn't make them the Sox. 1972 does NOT = 1918. Very big difference. Plus, it was '73, not '72. The Fins did not sell Dan Marino for cash (see Babe Ruth). The Sox are pathetic losers just like most NE teams. I don't give a damn that the Pats won one lucky Superbowl. One decent year in your entire existence does not turn a team into a great organization. Are the Ravens great? No! I wish Pats fans would stick to their own ignorant message board.

Back
Top Bottom