Dolphins are Red Sox of NFL | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins are Red Sox of NFL

Originally posted by kasaba13
I live in NE and, trust me, the Fins are nothing like the Red Sox. Just because Miami hasn't won a Superbowl since '72 doesn't make them the Sox. 1972 does NOT = 1918. Very big difference. Plus, it was '73, not '72. The Fins did not sell Dan Marino for cash (see Babe Ruth). The Sox are pathetic losers just like most NE teams. I don't give a damn that the Pats won one lucky Superbowl. One decent year in your entire existence does not turn a team into a great organization. Are the Ravens great? No! I wish Pats fans would stick to their own ignorant message board.

easy does it kasaba... everyone is just having a little fun here. ;)

The similarities are there. Both look good on paper, start great and finish painfully.

Mostly, the fans of both are so passionate that we tend to think the worst at the first sign of adversity. Red Sox fans can do a complete 180 turn on the team in a matter of days and then 180 back a few days later.

I'm sure the Fin Fans in Mass would agree.

As I speak the Red Sox are making scream for football to start.

I think I'm gonna throw up :(

Originally posted by PatsWin2002
The similarities are there. Both look good on paper, start great and finish painfully.

Mostly, the fans of both are so passionate that we tend to think the worst at the first sign of adversity. Red Sox fans can do a complete 180 turn on the team in a matter of days and then 180 back a few days later.

If this were the only qualifying mark, I would say that you are dead perfect in your comparison.

Originally posted by XNOUGHT
As I speak the Red Sox are making scream for football to start.

I think I'm gonna throw up :(

I've been a Red Sox fan since the Jim Rice and Freddy Lynn days....Last year I got so disgusted that I quit watching their games....This year, any excitement was tempered by an extreme case of wait and see-itis....of course now we are starting to see why I had that disease in the first place.

The similarities are startling to me, right down to the fanbase's expectations and the way they quickly turn on ANYONE on the team....They can cheer you one day and boo you the next with out any reservation whatsoever. It must be a really pressure packed situation to be in. Considering the ill effect that intense pressure can sometimes have, you have to wonder if the teams in either Miami or Boston can ever get over the hump.

If I had to play proffessional sports for a living, I think Miami and Boston would be the last two places that I would want to play.

Back
Top Bottom