Dolphins ascend to #2 in the AFC EAST! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins ascend to #2 in the AFC EAST!

I spent a little time on the Chargers board the other day. They shut down Booker and Murray two weeks in a row. They seem to think that means they can shut down Ajayi. I suppose that is possible, but I believe Ajayi's 6.0 YPC differentiates him from Murray and Booker at 4.6 YPC and 4.0 YPC.

I think Booker was hyped too much. Mainly because of fantasy. He's not proven at all and Siemian is not someone you get scared of so stopping Denver's run game seems pretty easy to game plan for right now. It was different with CJ. Shutting down Murray is an accomplishment but Ajayi just had 100+ yards vs the best run D in the game so I'm up for the challenge.

I don't know that they shut down the Ten run game as much as they just kept them off the field. SD dominated the time of possession 36 minutes to 23. It forced Tennessee to get away from their own identity. Mariota threw the ball 43 times and the RB's ran the ball 16 times. SD was up 33-21 in the 3rd Q.

(9:50) 29-D.Murray right tackle to TEN 14 for 4 yards
(3:30) 29-D.Murray right tackle to TEN 34 for 6 yards
(13:06) 29-D.Murray left tackle to SD 41 for 5 yards
(4:47) (Shotgun) 29-D.Murray up the middle to TEN 43 for 8 yards (53-J.Perry). PENALTY on SD-99-J.Bosa, Defensive Offside, 5 yards, enforced at TEN 35 - No Play.
(3:53) (Shotgun) 29-D.Murray right end to SD 42 for 13 yards
(1:46) (Shotgun) 29-D.Murray up the middle to TEN 34 for 6 yards
(2:53) 29-D.Murray up the middle for 1 yard, TOUCHDOWN.

Some decent runs in there.

I could see Denver going on a losing streak. 5 potential losses on their schedule coming up. 6-2 and dropping to 8-8? No QB and no running game. You can win with defense as long as you have one or the other. Not when you lose both.

I could see it also...the Denver o line isn't very good either...and especially if talib continues to be out...that run d isn't all its cracked up to be this year either

Last edited by a moderator:
I could see it also...the Denver o line isn't very good either...and especially if talib continues to be out...that run d isn't all its cracked up to be this year either

No they are missing Trevathan and Jackson up the middle. By the same token, SD is better now that they have Mebane & Bosa.

I could see Denver going on a losing streak. 5 potential losses on their schedule coming up. 6-2 and dropping to 8-8? No QB and no running game. You can win with defense as long as you have one or the other. Not when you lose both.

Denver falling off and us beating SD are critical for this team's relevancy in December ...getting a healthy Howard goes a long way too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

judging by the time he missed in the off season, if he is running this week, I could see him back for the SF game or the following week @ Baltimore. Considering we close out the season at NYJ, @ Buf and with NE in Mia....we will need him.

Culliver and Howard as our corners sure sounds good an makes our pass rushers even more effective.

Back
Top Bottom