Dolphins beat the jets twice last year, why are they gettin all this hype? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins beat the jets twice last year, why are they gettin all this hype?

The old saying goes....the sun shines on a dogs *** every once and a while and teams that are playoff locks pull their starts and good field goal pickers miss chip shots.......didn't time smith rush for over 200 yards in a super bowl? My point is the jests one a couple of road playoff games against two teams that have historic collapses in their past.....big freakin deal......if you didn't win it all nobody cares....have your hype and we will take 3 of the last 4 all day long......ps did you get your 2nd place advanced trophy?

Winning 2 road playoff games is a big deal. Teams can go decades before accomplishing that.

You were crap in the middle of the year and we were crap at the end. Instead of two freebies, we took the Colts and Saints to the mat and lost both. Our final records being 2 games apart isn't quite the canyon you seem to think it is.

and not even that: 7-9 vs 7-7-2

Jets vs 1st stringers: 1.5 games > 39-20
Manning vs Sanchez and Jets D: last 31 minutes when it counts > 24-0
Anyone who thinks the jets could have beaten an earnestly trying Colts in game 15 is deluding themselves or an unabashed homer.

Could we have beaten Cinci? Since over their last 6-7 games, they could have been the weakest PO team in years, it's likely we could have.
Could we have beaten SD? Realistically probably not, since we didn't do so well in season.

Did we play Ind and NO (when they were actually trying) more competitively than the Jets? Yup, little denying that.

So taking into consideration their on road Playoff victory of the Chargers vs. us owning the series and having a better than .500 divisional record, I'd have to give a slight nudge to The Jets. However, taking into consideration our upgrades and losses vs Jersey's, I'd say when you mix everything together, the Jets are only very marginally more worthy of this heightened optimistic hype than are the Fins.

Winning 2 road playoff games is a big deal. Teams can go decades before accomplishing that.

Well the Giants won 3 road games to get to the Super bowl 3 years ago..

The Ravens did it..the Broncos did it..

It can be done..but its not ideal.

You do understand that Tampa beat NO last year, right? sometimes the lesser team wins head to head. It happens. We clearly showed throughout the course of a long season that we were the better team and we did something your franchise has not done since 1992 so that's probably why we are getting some hype.

Of course, the Colts rested their starters, the Bengals DUMPED big time in the second half of the season, but your statement "sometimes the lesser team wins" is truly the best summary of the Jets beating San Diego. Other than SD did their usual choke job in the playoffs.

Of course it's not ideal, but it is an accomplishment nontheless.

You were crap in the middle of the year and we were crap at the end. Instead of two freebies, we took the Colts and Saints to the mat and lost both. Our final records being 2 games apart isn't quite the canyon you seem to think it is.

You also got both NO and Indy at HOME where we had to play them on the road. You had destiny in your hands w/ 3 games left and you blew. You have no one to blame but yourselves.

Well they are hyped up because they went to the AFC Championship game.

They added 2 future HOF'ers..

They traded for a Super bowl MVP and a CB with great balls skills

Well Junc now that JT is a Jet will he make the HOF?

Your main agrument before was that since Rickey Jackson was not in that JT would not get in, well that has changed

have you changed your mind?

Obviously JT is now a future HOFer:D No I don't change my mind that quick, if he he stays here 2 years and has 2 big years helping us advance deep in posteason(and actually does something in postseason) or even one big postseason then maybe I change my mind but right now I think he's had an excellent career but he's not a HOFer.

Rickey jackson was not my main argument, I have listed many better pass rushers than Jason that aren't in and it took Rickey 10 years of elgibility before he made it. I said all along IF jason makes it it will be after many years of being ont he ballot.

It's pretty simple. They made it to the AFC title game, they play in the media center of the world and New York has been looking for a flamboyant QB since Namath retired.

You also got both NO and Indy at HOME where we had to play them on the road. You had destiny in your hands w/ 3 games left and you blew. You have no one to blame but yourselves.

Obviously JT is now a future HOFer:D No I don't change my mind that quick, if he he stays here 2 years and has 2 big years helping us advance deep in posteason(and actually does something in postseason) or even one big postseason then maybe I change my mind but right now I think he's had an excellent career but he's not a HOFer.

Rickey jackson was not my main argument, I have listed many better pass rushers than Jason that aren't in and it took Rickey 10 years of elgibility before he made it. I said all along IF jason makes it it will be after many years of being ont he ballot.

Fair enough...I dont know if he is first ballot, but I bet money he gets in, with or without doing anything else..

He is in

It's still a big deal, I believe Miami has 3 road wins total in their history so 2 in one postseason is pretty special.

Of course, the Colts rested their starters, the Bengals DUMPED big time in the second half of the season, but your statement "sometimes the lesser team wins" is truly the best summary of the Jets beating San Diego. Other than SD did their usual choke job in the playoffs.

The last time SD had gone one and done in postseason was 3 years earlier. Why couldn't you beat Baltimore in '08 if that was the case? They hadn't won a playoff game isnce 2001 when they beat you guys again.:lol:

It's pretty simple. They made it to the AFC title game, they play in the media center of the world and New York has been looking for a flamboyant QB since Namath retired.

Did you see Joe on Hard Knocks last night? wow, he really shouldn't do any public appearances.

Back
Top Bottom