*** Dolphins/Bills Post game*** | Page 43 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Dolphins/Bills Post game***

Oh man you are so funny. And what do you “ascribe” our 22 years without a playoff win to? Melting dolphin’s fans minds want to know?

And if you want a real answer I’d say the same thing we can ascribe to most seasons, we beat bad teams every year and always lose when it matters.

I can't find a logical way to blame MM for the last 22 years.
Apparently, you can. - LOL

If "Melting Dolphins Fans minds ... " implies brain damaged posters, that is probably correct. - LOL

There are only 5 teams that currently average more points per game than us. We scored above our average tonight. We scored 29 points on the 3rd best-scoring D in the league in their stadium. They allow 17.9 and 14.3 AT HOME respectfully. Our Defense gives up more points than 25 other teams. Tonight they gave up more than their abysmal average. We allowed Buffalo to score 6 points more than their average. The O did their job, the D did not. You cannot expect the O to have to put up more than 30 points in order to win a game, that's just ridiculous. The D gave up a 16 play drive to end the game. They couldn't get a stop when we needed it most...

You call this playing great against Allen? WTF are you even talking about?
View attachment 125470
What game were you watching?

We scored 29 points in Buffalo in January.

WTF are you smoking?

If Hill or Sherfield hold onto that TD we probably win the game.
Respectfully, our 29 points could have been 42 points. It was there for them to take, but McD called some wacky plays in critical moments. I couldn't understand what they were trying to achieve with some of the calls. When you watch the game again, quite a lot of the drive-stalling plays just don't make sense against what Buf was showing. It's not an execution thing. The Bills, on the other hand, were pretty consistent with how they exploited our D's weaknesses, and their failures were more in execution than scheme. When you play against MVP caliber QBs with a banged up defense, you need to expect to put up 35 points or more. I'm sorry.

You are an ignorant one
Who the **** would base a play on our past when we ran for over 160 yards in this game
You got my vote for dumbest post of the year
View attachment 125506
Because scheming up a run on first and 10 against a light box is completely different than running on 3rd and 1 with 10 defensive players within one yard of the line of scrimmage with a bottom five rushing attack and expecting them to win their one on one battles against a top 5 defensive unit against the run. Chill out dude.

29 points is the 3rd most points we have scored in Buffalo in the last 20 years. This is against by the best version of the bills in that 20 years. I can’t believe anyone is bitching about McDaniel

29 points is the 3rd most points we have scored in Buffalo in the last 20 years. This is against by the best version of the bills in that 20 years. I can’t believe anyone is bitching about McDaniel
I think it is fair to have some criticism on the play calling, especially on third downs, which was pretty head scratching at times.

However to translate that into McDaniel needs to go is absurd and irrational. The guy may be the best thing to happen to the Fins offense in the last 20 years and has us as contenders in his first year as a head coach. You just have to laugh at some of this stuff.....

I just think McD is just out thinking himself at times! He will get better at this like most are saying its his first year! I haven't had hope for a very long time not gonna jump ship on McD anytime soon.

I do know that watching games like tonight it makes me more pissed off with Byron Jones. If he plays i actually think we would have won tonight. The guy has been a total mystery all season and the reasons behind his Mr invisible act has hurt that defense big time in my opinion. If his non playing is legit then fine but if there are other reasons then he's seriously let his team mates and fanbase down.
Again...if it was legit we'd have an update from the coach or from Byron himself. There is no reason to not give an update even if it's to say that the news is bad.

Honestly though, people ignore the 99% of the offensive calls that put us in a position to beat Buffalo IN BUFFALO. Instead, they decide to focus on 1-2 calls they didn't like and use it as support for McDaniel not being an NFL caliber coach. McDaniel's offensive playcalling and scheme was one of the main reasons we even had a chance to begin with but yet he's the sole reason we lost? Lmao it just doesn't make any sense.

But these were the same fans who came crying when the fins went 0-3 with their backup QB's so maybe they just aren't that bright?

Because scheming up a run on first and 10 against a light box is completely different than running on 3rd and 1 with 10 defensive players within one yard of the line of scrimmage with a bottom five rushing attack and expecting them to win their one on one battles against a top 5 defensive unit against the run. Chill out dude.
why not spread them out then on 3rd and short?

We ran for 160
I don’t care what scenario you work up, running the ball was working and you don’t fix what’s not broken unless we’re in a desperate spot and we were not at that point

I see nothing special.

I have seen something special (the results at the very least) and then teams reacting and adjusting, or simply playing better to cool us off. So let's see if he's the guru some call him. If he is, the offense will look close to the automatic unit we saw early on again. Last game we saw glimpses.

A few folks have mentioned getting Waddle involved, there is something to this I agree, unless he is simply not getting open. I think when he is catching balls and Hill is on the field, defenses really have to worry (capt' obvious here). I don't usually like the idea of forcing passes to anyone, but they should at least take a look at this!

Agreed. I much prefer Tua in the shotgun on 3rd and 1 and run RPO. We aren't a ground and pound team on 3rd and 1. I hate having Tua under center for those plays.
there has been opps for qb sneaks as well but apparently hes scared to call that play.

hell just line up wilkins and fullback and lets have some freakin fun, inspire the group, not call a 3 yard out pattern in the snow.

I can't find a logical way to blame MM for the last 22 years.
Apparently, you can. - LOL

If "Melting Dolphins Fans minds ... " implies brain damaged posters, that is probably correct. - LOL
Wasn’t inquiring about MM but you are probably right about one thing in that my brain is damaged watching this team year after year.

You missed the or my point. Wich happens when you're just trying ti be sassy.

The whole game the refs were letting them play for the most part.

They were not really calling PI, even when they could have.

The refs were calling holding and or illegal contact.

Go figure, they chose to call PI when, quite honestly they didn't need to.

It wasn't ad obvious as people seem to think.

That's what upset Julian Edelman so much

I'm pretty sure he has a better understanding or grasp of what should or should not have been called there over you or I.

When a WR says its a bad call, it's a bad call
Well it was super obvious and really affected the outcome. Edelman is a clown. He didn’t comment when our d lineman pulled the bills o lineman to the ground by his face mask or when we got a stop by holding Stefan Diggs on a long pass play. A penalty is a penalty the refs missed a bunch of calls on both teams.

Back
Top Bottom