Dolphins blew it with passing on Herbert | Page 41 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins blew it with passing on Herbert

I know its early to access them but... you can do an eye test.

Herbert is a tall athletic strong armed playmaker. He looks like he belongs and can be a great QB than can win games and not just manage them.

Tua is a soft arm, small, non athletic accurate passer that was surrounded with talent at Alabama. He is a game manager/scheme QB at best.

As far as relievers not getting open, its half Tuas fault. He throws a softer ball which takes longer to get to the receiver. This results in DBs getting to the ball and everything is going to be contested.

I'm welcome to criticism, but please back it up with facts and not emotions.
I smell a Cowturd .

Herbert was deep into his typical 2nd half fade again tonight. 20 first half points then none in the 2nd half โ€” but a miracle happened when a KC DB didnโ€™t seem to know the ball was in the air on 3rd and 18 and allowed Keenan Allen to run right by him setting up an actual 2nd half score!

But then the Chargers still figured out a way to lose, per usual.

But props to Herbert for actually producing a 2nd half touchdown! It avoided a 100% 2nd half fade.

BTW, whereโ€™s that offseason thread where numerous people were arguing that ALL 4 AFC West teams would make the playoffs? I said it was doubtful theyโ€™d get 3. The way things are looking now they might not even get two.

I know its early to access them but... you can do an eye test.

Herbert is a tall athletic strong armed playmaker. He looks like he belongs and can be a great QB than can win games and not just manage them.

Tua is a soft arm, small, non athletic accurate passer that was surrounded with talent at Alabama. He is a game manager/scheme QB at best.

As far as relievers not getting open, its half Tuas fault. He throws a softer ball which takes longer to get to the receiver. This results in DBs getting to the ball and everything is going to be contested.

I'm welcome to criticism, but please back it up with facts and not emotions.
Herbert stayed true to his his MO tonight, a choke artist.

He choked at the end of the half and choked at the end of the game. He's worse than Rivers ever was, so far.

My eye test says Miami chose the better QB.

I've seen way too many of these can't fail strong armed QBs fail. The list is filled with them.

Give me a Griese, a Montana, or a Young any day.

Look I wanted Tua over Herbert but that being said Herbert has lost his top WRโ€™s for long stretches this year and is also playing without Slater, his All-Pro OT. What would Tua look like without Hill, Waddle and Armstead? Just a thought.

He also had Mahomes and KC beat but bad clock management allowed KC to do what they do. That is on coaching certainly not Herbert, but donโ€™t let me ruin the agenda. I think they can both be successful is that too hard to admit? An actual draft where all three 1st round QBโ€™s are actually hits and not busts.

One thing you guys need to get a grip on.

We're NOT taking about college anymore.

That's OVER.

You can be total homer, or Tua worshiper whatever,

but none of that erases the fact Herbert is impressing

a lot of people. You can't prop up Tua by knocking Herbert.

It just comes off so defensive and childish. IMO.

Like it or not -- they are definitely going to be compared...

Yep they are going to be compared lol

One is ascending

Herbert. Tua
QBR 72. 61.1
AVG 7.7. 6.2
YPG 299. 150
TDPG 2.4. 1.5
INTPG 0.66. 0

Herbert also has 3 rushing TDs vs 0 for Tua. Tuaโ€™s longest pass is 35 yards, Herbertโ€™s is 72. In Herberts first 2 games he passed for more yards than Tua has in 4 games. In 9 games, Herbert has thrown for more than 300 yards in 5 of those. Herbert also has 5 games with 3 or more TD passes.

Herbert is clearly the best QB in this draft. Burrow might have been but heโ€™s career ended when he was drafted by Cinci.

sorry RH but being a fanboy isnโ€™t cool. Itโ€™s how you remind a loser. We have an outstanding coach. Flo is the best coach we have had since Shula. Tua isnโ€™t the answer unfortunately.

Love this one one of my faves

Lots of crawfishing and crow eating Goin on somewhere .

Last edited:
Season 2 Cheers GIF by NBC

Back
Top Bottom