Dolphins blew it with passing on Herbert | Page 40 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins blew it with passing on Herbert

I actually liked Herbert coming out of college. Even thought he should have been are pick. But I have sense changed my mind. Tua has impressed me this year. I cant say for sure who will end up being better its still 2 early to tell. But I got a feeling they will both become great qbs.

I know its early to access them but... you can do an eye test.

Herbert is a tall athletic strong armed playmaker. He looks like he belongs and can be a great QB than can win games and not just manage them.

Tua is a soft arm, small, non athletic accurate passer that was surrounded with talent at Alabama. He is a game manager/scheme QB at best.

As far as relievers not getting open, its half Tuas fault. He throws a softer ball which takes longer to get to the receiver. This results in DBs getting to the ball and everything is going to be contested.

I'm welcome to criticism, but please back it up with facts and not emotions.

1668400870071.gif

Ultimately….is Herbert going to end his career known as Phillip Rivers Jr.?

I think at this point Herbert is an a more talented version of Ryan Tannehill. I don't mean that as an insult as Tanny developed into a good starting QB. But Herbert much like Tanny needs a script. He's also best in a playaction offense. Like you absolutely can win with that type of QB but when you have to improv you'll see regression

Now in defense of Herbert this year, injuries at WR make a difference and their OC is kind of a moron. We have seen this year how much of a difference scheme and talent at WR make, but again I just think Herbert is a guy where people were just looking at box scores and highlights

Herbert is a tall athletic strong armed playmaker. He looks like he belongs and can be a great QB than can win games and not just manage them.

Tua is a soft arm, small, non athletic accurate passer that was surrounded with talent at Alabama. He is a game manager/scheme QB at best.

As far as relievers not getting open, its half Tuas fault. He throws a softer ball which takes longer to get to the receiver. This results in DBs getting to the ball and everything is going to be contested.

Aging like moldy cheese.

This thread should be retired to “Brigby’s Locker”. It was awful when it was created and even worse now.

Where are all these jump-to-conclusions-while-knowing-very-little-about-anything people now?

They are getting harder and harder to find and are running out of excuses.

Justin Herbert with or without weapons is the same QB today he was 2 years ago and more. A 2nd half fader. A dude that often makes the bad throw/decision at the worst time. A dude with spotty accuracy, touch, and decision making.

But he’s 6’6 with a strong arm that can run a little bit so some get enamored with that. Too bad he doesn’t win as much as Tua Tagovailoa, and likely never will.

I think at this point Herbert is an a more talented version of Ryan Tannehill. I don't mean that as an insult as Tanny developed into a good starting QB. But Herbert much like Tanny needs a script. He's also best in a playaction offense. Like you absolutely can win with that type of QB but when you have to improv you'll see regression

Now in defense of Herbert this year, injuries at WR make a difference and their OC is kind of a moron. We have seen this year how much of a difference scheme and talent at WR make, but again I just think Herbert is a guy where people were just looking at box scores and highlights

I see him as more athletic version of Philip Rivers. An often very good QB that produces gaudy stats but often does one or two things per game that costs his team.

As a Dolphins fan I’ve seen some horrible coaching but I’ve never seen a staff as bad as the Chargers.

Brandon Staley is about the most arrogant head coach that has no justification to be that I’ve seen in a while.

Well, maybe next to Brian Flores, that is. ;)

Back
Top Bottom