Dolphins blew it with passing on Herbert | Page 38 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins blew it with passing on Herbert

I agree with the Tua pick at the time and still think he’s going to be a good to great pro.

With that said you can’t say there is no argument that Herbert also deserved to be the pick for us. He’s is playing great football as a rookie and he is hamstringed by arguably one of the worst coaches in the NFL. If Herbert was on this team you could argue he would be better than Tua this far. It’s a fair debate.

I agree with the Tua pick at the time and still think he’s going to be a good to great pro.

With that said you can’t say there is no argument that Herbert also deserved to be the pick for us. He’s is playing great football as a rookie and he is hamstringed by arguably one of the worst coaches in the NFL. If Herbert was on this team you could argue he would be better than Tua this far. It’s a fair debate.
There is no question in my mind that if Herbert was on the Dolphins, putting up those numbers, but losing because he was on a bad team with a bad coach, while Tua was on the Chargers, playing fair to well, and winning while being buoyed by a great coach and a strong defense, that nobody here would say that Tua was better.

Doesn't mean that Tua won't have a better career, or that he wasn’t the right pick, etc. Just means that the implicit bias of most fans will not allow them to view the situation objectively. And I'd also bet everything I have in my bank account right now that had Herbert come here and performed like that, we'd have already been treated to a slew of Marino comparisons.

Last edited:
Trevor Lawrence. 6-6 220. “Runs like a deer.” “Tuff.” "Absolutely a stud athlete!"

Won 41 straight games in high school!

34 wins – 1 loss in college!

If winning is your metric – he’s YOUR GUY!

:ponder:

HERBERT IS GOAT! GALU SUCKS!

The FO will be beating themselves up the entire year for not drafting the QB that isn't leading them to the thick of the playoff race!

Can we just accept both will be top flight NFL qb. Its not a zero sum game. Stop putting down either one just to justify your pre draft expection.

Can we just accept both will be top flight NFL qb. Its not a zero sum game. Stop putting down either one just to justify your pre draft expection.
I didn't put either one down if you read what I wrote. I praised both of them.

No Dolphins did not blow it, Herbert has done a great job so did Tua so Dolphins and Chargers got their franchise quarterbacks of the future so Chargers and Dolphins are happy

Its kind of funny that everyone us knocking Herbert for lack of wins but he's gonna finish 7 and 8 as a starter...thats not bad at all for a rookie. One less than Kyler Murray in his second year.

This

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom