Dolphins blew it with passing on Herbert | Page 39 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins blew it with passing on Herbert

Herbert is so obviously superior at this point it's NO CONTEST!

And his upside is pretty unlimited.

Yeah. We definitely blew that pick.

I have no clue where Tua's dominant Pro game is going to come from.

Short. Low level athlete. Weak arm (totally exposed on throws that require rope + velocity).

Supposed laser accuracy is a joke. Seriously, someone sell me on the future *stardom* of this kid?

What it is based on? And he CAN'T have ALL-Pros at every position on the O!

:oops:

I know its early to access them but... you can do an eye test.

Herbert is a tall athletic strong armed playmaker. He looks like he belongs and can be a great QB than can win games and not just manage them.

Tua is a soft arm, small, non athletic accurate passer that was surrounded with talent at Alabama. He is a game manager/scheme QB at best.

As far as relievers not getting open, its half Tuas fault. He throws a softer ball which takes longer to get to the receiver. This results in DBs getting to the ball and everything is going to be contested.

I'm welcome to criticism, but please back it up with facts and not emotions.
I think Herbert's another Philip Rivers, puts up gody stats without the wins

Herbert ain't win no SB yet..did they make playoff??? no. They still losing.. herbert had good yr...Tua got get better but Hertbert got learn how win..them close game ..they be losing all time.. nobody never talk about that part..

Herbert ain't win no SB yet..did they make playoff??? no. They still losing.. herbert had good yr...Tua got get better but Hertbert got learn how win..them close game ..they be losing all time.. nobody never talk about that part..

Winning isn’t all on the QB. Would you consider Trent Dilfer better than Marino? Dilfer has a SB win...

Winning isn’t all on the QB. Would you consider Trent Dilfer better than Marino? Dilfer has a SB win...
I never talk about trent because he would not win SB w pass happy nfl now..trent was in right place at right time.

I never talk about trent because he would not win SB w pass happy nfl now..trent was in right place at right time.

Similar comparison based on your comments. You and other Tua fans talk about wins and how Herbert isn’t winning. So, based on your comment, you must think Trent was better than Marino because he won a SB. Or what about Brad Johnson with Tampa, he has a SB.

Similar comparison based on your comments. You and other Tua fans talk about wins and how Herbert isn’t winning. So, based on your comment, you must think Trent was better than Marino because he won a SB. Or what about Brad Johnson with Tampa, he has a SB.
Marino has nothing to do w this conversation..I can careless about trent. Only person I care about Tua or watson

I agree with the Tua pick at the time and still think he’s going to be a good to great pro.

With that said you can’t say there is no argument that Herbert also deserved to be the pick for us. He’s is playing great football as a rookie and he is hamstringed by arguably one of the worst coaches in the NFL. If Herbert was on this team you could argue he would be better than Tua this far. It’s a fair debate.
not sure with miami's WR. Tua might have had better stats with Chargers tho lost more. Herbert might've thrown more picks trying to get into the hands of miamis back ups because parker was out so much and even Gesicki missed time

It too late cry about herbert.. move on 2020 draft is over. I didn't expect herbert too be that good either..ducks didnt used him correctly in college..

I didn't want Herbert in April but it looks like he has a very high ceiling and a high floor whereas Tua has a low ceiling and a fairly low floor.

Who cares about turbert he isn’t here and you’re crying over spilt milk. Can’t change the past guy plus Tua’s done well enough for me so far

With that 2000 Ravens defense? Trent still wins one. I remember Miami beating them on Sunday Night Football that season (it was the night they retired Marino's number). Tony Banks was the Ravens QB then. The Dolphins only scored 19 points (I had to go back and double check the score). The Ravens offense was so anemic to start that season. At one point they went five straight games without an offensive TD, yet still won two of those games. Eventually, Dilfer replaces Banks (fairly late in that rotten stretch of offense) and the Ravens offense found its wheels. Jamal Lewis was a very good back as well.

Back
Top Bottom