Dolphins blew it with passing on Herbert | Page 37 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins blew it with passing on Herbert

I’m not saying Herbert is Marino or Tua is Joe Montana but the contrast in styles and physical abilities reminds me of that argument. That being said, I’ll still take Tua but I was higher on Herbert than most.

He's gonna be good . So is the one we got

Why can't both things be true :shrug:
Sure hope so but man I am a bit jealous of what I have seen
Herbert goes downfield constantly from the limited viewing I have done

Sure hope so but man I am a bit jealous of what I have seen
Herbert goes downfield constantly from the limited viewing I have done
How can you be jealous after seeing Tua progress these last few weeks? Are you watching Dolphins games at all?

How can you be jealous after seeing Tua progress these last few weeks? Are you watching Dolphins games at all?
I am happy Tua is looking the way he is and that injuries to skill players & lack of skill players have impact
But Herbert looks commanding out there and does show glimpses of Marinoish ability throwing that ball
Just my opinion

These type of threads are just people fishing for attention. The passed over quarterback is always going to be the favorite topic for agitators lurking internet forums.

The hate for Alabama is real and it's been there for 100 years. I wouldn't be here if the presence of it wasn't so strong around here and I didn't enjoy it.

Some just want Tua to fail so badly just because they never liked him or Alabama. They'll attempt to will it into existence every week - or at least the weeks when Herbert doesn't turn the football over numerous times and get shut out.

Tua -1
Marinobert - 0

Last edited:
These type of threads are just people fishing for attention. The passed over quarterback is always going to be the favorite topic for agitators lurking internet forums.

The hate for Alabama is real and it's been there for 100 years. I wouldn't be here if the presence of it wasn't so strong around here and I didn't enjoy it.

Some just want Tua to fail so badly just because they never liked him or Alabama. They'll attempt to will it into existence every week - or at least the weeks when Herbert doesn't turn the football over numerous times and get shut out.

Tua -1
Marinobert - 0
I mean pot calling the kettle black here, but I 100% agree :chuckle:

I am behind Tua when I really wasn't prior to draft...but yeah Herbert was the better choice form what we have seen
They may not be closed but Tua is winning and Herbert is losing games

I am happy Tua is looking the way he is and that injuries to skill players & lack of skill players have impact
But Herbert looks commanding out there and does show glimpses of Marinoish ability throwing that ball
Just my opinion
Or he well could end up on the Carson Wentz career trajectory :shrug:

The Different between college and pro..Tua is all star in college now avg or sometimes struggling in pros..

Tua -1
Marinobert - 0
Tua has been benched more than Herbert has been shutout. Herbert has 2 games with multiple turnovers. Maybe if Tua was throwing further than 5 yds or not getting benched he might have more turnovers.

Tua has been benched more than Herbert has been shutout. Herbert has 2 games with multiple turnovers. Maybe if Tua was throwing further than 5 yds or not getting benched he might have more turnovers.

Tua has as many wins as Herbert does as a starter.... in 6 less starts, including out playing Herbert head to head when the Chargers came to Miami. I’ll take that.

And I’ll take Tua long term too

Tua has as many wins as Herbert does as a starter.... in 6 less starts, including out playing Herbert head to head when the Chargers came to Miami. I’ll take that.

And I’ll take Tua long term too
No he doesn't. Herbert has 5 wins. What does tua have 6? Most on the back of his defense and st.

Back
Top Bottom