Dolphins blew it with passing on Herbert | Page 35 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins blew it with passing on Herbert

He actually threw for less yards vs us, saved his fantasy day though with TD passes and a run. Pats just smothered him and the Chargers specials are just downright pathetic. My gut tells me Herbert is learning a new system next year.

I’m still curious to see how Jordan Love will do....he was always my runner up to Tua, and who I’d have gotten if Tua hadn’t been available.

Herbert? Meh.

I was a big fan of Herbert but the Chargers are a better organization for him than the fins. There is no pressure for the Chargers. He would be eaten alive by fans and media in Miami through no fault of his own. It would make the Tannehill debates look tame.

It takes years for young qbs to reveal what they actually are. The league adjusts, learns what they aren't good at, qbs progress or regress after all that...you don't know until that process has run its course.

I know it can be fun to track progress but the debate can't really be settled until we see what these guys actually are, which takes time.

Used to seem like if a guy had a big jump his sophomore year you thought he made it, but even playing like an Mvp year two isn't a guarantee the league won't toss you right back...look at Carson Wentz and possibly Lamar Jackson.

It takes years for young qbs to reveal what they actually are. The league adjusts, learns what they aren't good at, qbs progress or regress after all that...you don't know until that process has run its co
Outdated old school thinking.
With modern college programs nowaday, qd come out of respectable conference, you know it right away in his first year playing.
RT, can't throw deep, no pocket presence, never change. Watson showed he can play once he started, did not tail off.
The three years rule for young qb is so 70s.

Back
Top Bottom