Dolphins blew it with passing on Herbert | Page 33 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins blew it with passing on Herbert

If that was his bad game, it was still equal or better than our qb. That was our qb's second best game. That's sad. I don't think it's chest thumping, it's simply stating that people were wrong about him.
Tua out played Herbert in that game. Herbert's numbers looked better because he made some throws when the game was all but over.

It's funny how Herbert fans will talk about him being on a crap team but ignore the fact he's throwing to one of the best wide receivers in the NFL and arguably a top 5 TE. Not to mention one of the best number 2 receivers in Mike Williams. He's impressive but let's not pretend like he's doing this with no help.

If that was his bad game, it was still equal or better than our qb. That was our qb's second best game. That's sad. I don't think it's chest thumping, it's simply stating that people were wrong about him.

What’s scary is you’re actually being serious right now. Honest question if you and others love Herbert that much then why not celebrate him on the Chargers board with the rest of his fans?

Why complain here like litttle school children? Don’t you have anything better to do?

i will never get that. You’re on a Dolphins board and I suppose are a Dolphins fan and you dedicate and maintain a thread demolishing your young Qb to support and crave another teams Qb.

Last edited:
If we could go back an have a do-over on the draft, we draft Herbert. Anyone who will deny this is either a liar or delusional. I bet their are Cincy people who would say that Herbert is better than Burrow. We missed on the pick, hopefully Tua ends up being productive but by no means is Tua able to carry a team at this point. A QB averaging 150 yards or around that isn’t able to carry their team, they need the team to carry them. I hope that I am proven wrong. I like Tua and his jersey is the first that I have owned since Marino. Plus my 7 yo son thinks Tua is the greatest QB ever.

If we could go back an have a do-over on the draft, we draft Herbert. Anyone who will deny this is either a liar or delusional. I bet their are Cincy people who would say that Herbert is better than Burrow. We missed on the pick, hopefully Tua ends up being productive but by no means is Tua able to carry a team at this point. A QB averaging 150 yards or around that isn’t able to carry their team, they need the team to carry them. I hope that I am proven wrong. I like Tua and his jersey is the first that I have owned since Marino. Plus my 7 yo son thinks Tua is the greatest QB ever.
God forbid we express our thoughts on the fact that we may have missed on Herbert. It's like, OMG, you are on a Dolphin's message board, don't talk such blasphemy. LMAO!

I also have a Tua jersey on the way and I will root for him every week, just like i have been doing for every QB that has played for us. But I will never settle for mediocracy and i will not hand a participation trophy to Tua just because we picked him at number 5. He will be criticized if his poor play continues along with the front office, even more so if Herbert continues to play at a high level.

It's funny how Herbert fans will talk about him being on a crap team but ignore the fact he's throwing to one of the best wide receivers in the NFL and arguably a top 5 TE. Not to mention one of the best number 2 receivers in Mike Williams. He's impressive but let's not pretend like he's doing this with no help.
Oh...

Allen is now one of the best WR's in the league...Mike Williams is one the best #2 WRs in the league...and Hunter Henry is arguably better than Kelce, Kittles, Andrews, Waller, Zach Ertz (there are more)?

I'd put Henry in the same category as Mike Gesicki. Williams and Henry have missed a season worth of games between them so using them to prop Tua up and lower Herbert is not what you should be doing.

When Herbert has a bad game(like agaisnt us) will they also and equally thump their chest?
No, one thing I’ve learned about Finheaven is there are posters who are more willing to defend players for other teams than ours.

Herbert has a great opportunity to really impress me Sunday. Play well and lead your team to a win in Buffalo. Cody Ford is out, john Brown is out, go get it kid.

Oh...

Allen is now one of the best WR's in the league...Mike Williams is one the best #2 WRs in the league...and Hunter Henry is arguably better than Kelce, Kittles, Andrews, Waller, Zach Ertz (there are more)?

I'd put Henry in the same category as Mike Gesicki. Williams and Henry have missed a season worth of games between them so using them to prop Tua up and lower Herbert is not what you should be doing.
I agree, the weapons thing is a bit overblown but to be expected. LA does have better weapons. Allen is a top WR but Williams and Henry are a bit overrated on here. Williams is better than Grant though but I agree Henry and Gesicki are in the same tier. Also, you have to say we have better RB’s because their lead back, Ballage, couldn’t make our team despite being given ample opportunity. This is moot when they get Ekler back though, he’s obviously better than anything we have.

look most agree we have good coaching and Tua is a talented young QB. I think we also all agree there would be some growing pains. I expect them to come out and look sharp vs an 0-10 Jets team Sunday. We all should!

Last edited:
I agree, the weapons thing is a bit overblown but to be expected. LA does have better weapons. Allen is a top WR but Williams and Henry are a bit overrated on here. Williams is better than Grant though but I agree Henry and Gesicki are in the same tier. Also, you have to say we have better RB’s because their lead back, Ballage, couldn’t make our team despite being given ample opportunity. This is moot when they get Ekler back though, he’s obviously better than anything we have.
Disagree with Ballage. He struggled when he was with us, however when he played against us he was running with the rock just fine. He seems to understand how important his opportunity is with the Chargers right now.

Disagree with Ballage. He struggled when he was with us, however when he played against us he was running with the rock just fine. He seems to understand how important his opportunity is with the Chargers right now.
So you think he’s better than Gaskin, Ahmed, Breida and Laird and we missed out?

So you think he’s better than Gaskin, Ahmed, Breida and Laird and we missed out?
Brother he did well against us. To be fair what has Breida done this year? Probably won't be back next year. Let's see how they all do the rest of the year. Our RB's are okay, and I like Gaskin and Ahmed but nothing to write home about. Lately we have been missing a running game.

Brother he did well against us. To be fair what has Breida done this year? Probably won't be back next year. Let's see how they all do the rest of the year. Our RB's are okay, and I like Gaskin and Ahmed but nothing to write home about. Lately we have been missing a running game.
He did ok, Ahmed had more yards and a better average against LA and I’m sure, maybe not yourself, the site would say our line is worse.

I know there was a point in the game where it felt like Ballage was running all over us but he only ended with 68 yards and under 4 a pop. Ahmed has 85 and exactly 4 a pop. He had a better game with what I wouldn’t be surprised many consider a worse OLINE.

He did ok, Ahmed had more yards and a better average against LA and I’m sure, maybe not yourself, the site would say our line is worse.

I know there was a point in the game where it felt like Ballage was running all over us but he only ended with 68 yards and under 4 a pop. Ahmed has 85 and exactly 4 a pop. He had a better game with what I wouldn’t be surprised many consider a worse OLINE.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom