Dolphins blew it with passing on Herbert | Page 32 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins blew it with passing on Herbert

Yes, but those things are true, to some extent, of any rookie, at most positions.

I didn't say it was irrelevant. I just am not so sure of the true impact.

Since it isn't quantifiable, who can say for sure?
I would say it is pretty important that is why I said next year is when I would really start comparing the two. Just like Borrow, I don't expect him to come back from the injury making progress until about halfway into the season at least due to the injury. He won't have the offseason to work at getting better as he will have to focus on just getting healthy and back to just where he was.

Wow. This thread really made it 32 pages? Unbelievable. The knee-jerk mentality of sports forums never ceases to amaze me.

Previously, QBs used come in, sit for a year or two, then get unleashed. Now, after 4 starts, we can tell one QB is better than another? Hilarious.

I look back to Sam Darnold. After one throw "What a bum." After 1 game "Oh no. They have this guy for years to come, we're in trouble". Now look at him.

People really love to jump out to early opinions on players, so that if theyr'e right they can point back "Look, I knew after only 3 games". Just sit back and let it play out.

Wow. This thread really made it 32 pages? Unbelievable. The knee-jerk mentality of sports forums never ceases to amaze me.

Previously, QBs used come in, sit for a year or two, then get unleashed. Now, after 4 starts, we can tell one QB is better than another? Hilarious.

I look back to Sam Darnold. After one throw "What a bum." After 1 game "Oh no. They have this guy for years to come, we're in trouble". Now look at him.

People really love to jump out to early opinions on players, so that if theyr'e right they can point back "Look, I knew after only 3 games". Just sit back and let it play out.
On top of that Herbert is not our QB and will not be our QB but they will continue to thump their chests with this every time Tua has a bad game.

On top of that Herbert is not our QB and will not be our QB but they will continue to thump their chests with this every time Tua has a bad game.

When Herbert has a bad game(like agaisnt us) will they also and equally thump their chest?

Sam might have been a good QB and then Gase came along and worked his guru magic. I’m hoping that they keep Gase for a little longer after they draft Trevor.

Herbert was SD's "Sloppy Seconds" and will continue to be so when all the smoke finally settles downroad.

1606397346995.png

The big thing with Tua is going to be his durability, which was my concern in drafting him over Herbert in the first place. Time will tell.

Well that's more than a bit "ageist".

Idiots who are irrational, and not open to discussion come in all ages.

I was referring to one specific individual whom he reminded me of, who just happens to be older. To be fair, I should have added the context that he uses his experience in life to try to give his opinions more weight. Now if I’d said “you remind me of old people,” THAT would have been ageist.

Maybe is time for everyone to understand that NOBODY really knows how good or bad any of these rookie QB's will be. It's way too early to tell. Yes you can see some things already but it'll take time to see how they each develop. I think all 3(Burrow,Tua and Herbert will be good QB's and all 3 have a chance to be great but what situation they're in will go a long way to determine how good they can be. It'll most likely come down to which team does better at building the right team around/for them.

Tua is 3-1 because of defense and special teams. He did nothing in the Rams game, obviously nothing in the Broncos game, and didn't have to do much in the Chargers game. The only game where he helped earn the win was the Cardinals game, and that was due to a missed kick. If that game had gone into overtime, that would not have been a win. Herbert is a good quarterback on a crap team. That is why they picked one pick after the Dolphins last year. You also don't have to hold your breath every time he takes a hit. Dolphins may have to double down with the Texans pick and take a competition quarterback. Don't just give him the job like they did with Tannehill for years.

All of these conversations are pretty much ridiculous. I mean I get people are mad and upset. Hell I'm a little upset too. I don't watch any other sport except football and the dolphins are my favorite team and I've rooted for them hard since I was a kid.

I got caught up I'm the hype from the past 5 weeks and was pretty disappointed last night. Especially with tua. But it's way too early to say for sure if hes bust or not. That's what's ridiculous about all of this.
Go watch the Chargers!!! Too will be the better QB long term!!

Wrong he had 2 incompletions.. one that hit Hunter in the hands and the other was a bad pass to KJ. The pass to Williams was good enough to be able for a 6'4 WR to ger the 1st down, short by a yard to a single tackle by a 5'11.

There is nothing to disregard, since its clear you are fabricating them. Lying about Herbert is bot going to make you more confident about Tua.

Your 3 incompletions comment and 2 ints up 21 already proved you are just pulling stuff out of your ***. But hey, if it makes you feel better.... have at it. Its not going to stop Herbert from being a stud
Wrong he had 2 incompletions.. one that hit Hunter in the hands and the other was a bad pass to KJ. The pass to Williams was good enough to be able for a 6'4 WR to ger the 1st down, short by a yard to a single tackle by a 5'11.

There is nothing to disregard, since its clear you are fabricating them. Lying about Herbert is bot going to make you more confident about Tua.

Your 3 incompletions comment and 2 ints up 21 already proved you are just pulling stuff out of your ***. But hey, if it makes you feel better.... have at it. Its not going to stop Herbert from being a stud.
You're arguing with someone who's stating that someone completing 70% of his passes with 22 TD and 6 int is inconsistent. He's being a right fighter. Someone so convinced he's right that he will argue over something this insane. Wasting your time. Herbert clearly the better player at this point. Arguing otherwise is just crazy.

They track stats for a reason and his are excellent. Making up excuses like, "oh, Herbert's receivers are better" are just that, excuses. He's on the fins and that's what he is judged on. They were picked one spot apart, so Tua has a lot of catching up to do, period. If he's saying Herbert inconsistent, that means Tua is just bad and maybe we better get back to the drawing board.

Last edited:
When Herbert has a bad game(like agaisnt us) will they also and equally thump their chest?
If that was his bad game, it was still equal or better than our qb. That was our qb's second best game. That's sad. I don't think it's chest thumping, it's simply stating that people were wrong about him.

Back
Top Bottom