Dolphins blew it with passing on Herbert | Page 30 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins blew it with passing on Herbert

110% didnt realize passes had to be perfect for WRS to gain 3 yds. If this is your negative on Herbert... than wow he is better than everyone is saying.. and that pass was vs a blitz to boot.
Umm, if the goal is to throw a pass that leads forward momentum 3 yards and you throw it behind him making him slow down, it's a bad pass.

Everybody on the planet Earth will say its a bad pass except for Herbert apologists.

This is why it's a pointless discussion. You're biased. Nothing Herbert does is his fault.

Umm, if the goal is to throw a pass that leads forward momentum 3 yards and you throw it behind him making him slow down, it's a bad pass.

Everybody on the planet Earth will say its a bad pass except for Herbert apologists.

This is why it's a pointless discussion. You're biased. Nothing Herbert does is his fault.

Yep. If Tua threw that I would be saying it's Tua's fault they lost, not the wide receiver. The receiver makes a difficult catch already enough as it is, and then doesn't get a first down because of that.

Herbert is by far will be the best QB in the class, I will take pure raw talent any of the time and coach the players up. Tua is just to SMALL S-M-ALL!

Lol at this back and forth stuff. I get it . It's a forum for open discussion but there only seems to be a few who think down the middle as in ....its too early to tell. Maybe herbert is better in the long run. Maybe he isn't. give it 3 years then lets see. Is he better right now? Yeah he looks the part. But that doesnt mean tua wont look the part.

Some players develop at different paces. Herbert could fall off next year as well. Too many examples of this happening. It's just to early to tell.

Also if you thought around draft time herbert was going to come out throwing it all over the place well I dont believe you. Dont think many seen this coming.

Maybe the dolphins wanted more of a guy who can throw guys open and not make mistakes and has supreme accuracy. Whether tua is doing that now or not at the time of the draft he was the best prospect of this. So can't blame miami for taking that chance if that's what they wanted.

My last thing is this. We got tua. They got herbert. So this is what it is and nothing is going to change. So let's hope and cheer for tua to be the man cuz thats what we got.

Keep using "football iq" while displaying having none. You've already proven to be clueless at this point. But like I said, eventually someone including yourself will believe the nonsense you are typing.

We going to talk about those 3 ints Tua should of had vs LAC? or that horrible throw away that was almost an int vs Cardinals or the int called back vs Den? Or those dont count?
You know I frequent a lot of fans forums, especially within the AFCE. Often I have to bite my tongue how ridiculously delusional their fans are but I do.

What you're doing is taking it to a new level coming in here trying to defend the indefensible. Nothing personal, but this fixation trying to justify Herbert over Tua says more about you than it does about Fins fans and Tua himself. Get help!

1606326847440.png

It's very possible that Herbert winds up being a much better QB than Tua. We have to acknowledge that. Won't be as bad as Mahomes vs Trubisky but it is possible.

The funny thing is that many of the same people critical today would have been the first ones shouting if Miami selected Herbert over Tua. Mike Tannenbaum was widely mocked for saying Herbert was a great prospect.

My point is nobody knows. Tua wasn't a reach, in fact he may have gone number one overall without the injury. Miami has NOTHING to be ashamed of, even if Tua flops and Herbert becomes a perennial All Pro.

I personally love Tua and have been on the bandwagon for years, but with what I know now and with what I've seen now, if a redo was possible I'd likely take Herbert. His upside is just uncoachable because of his physical stature and arm.

No one said it was perfect. I'll let you in on a secret. Qbs arent expected to throw perfect passes all the time. If they throw a catchable pass its a successful play. The onus at that point is on the receiver. If you think Chargers lost to the Saints because Herbert was off about 6 inches on a pass that was caught and receiver continued forward momentum, but had to make a motion adjustment to catch, then you are clearly just a Herbert hater. Which is fine, just dont pretend you are being objective.

You know I frequent a lot of fans forums, especially within the AFCE. Often I have to bite my tongue how ridiculously delusional their fans are but I do.

What you're doing is taking it to a new level coming in here trying to defend the indefensible. Nothing personal, but this fixation trying to justify Herbert over Tua says more about you than it does about Fins fans and Tua himself. Get help!

View attachment 59318
I'm not justifying Herbert over Tua. I'm calling out horrible and inaccurate Herbert takes by people trying to justify Tua over Herbert.

Last one and I’ll drop the mic...what’s Tua’s record against Herbert?

It's very possible that Herbert winds up being a much better QB than Tua. We have to acknowledge that. Won't be as bad as Mahomes vs Trubisky but it is possible.

The funny thing is that many of the same people critical today would have been the first ones shouting if Miami selected Herbert over Tua. Mike Tannenbaum was widely mocked for saying Herbert was a great prospect.

My point is nobody knows. Tua wasn't a reach, in fact he may have gone number one overall without the injury. Miami has NOTHING to be ashamed of, even if Tua flops and Herbert becomes a perennial All Pro.

I personally love Tua and have been on the bandwagon for years, but with what I know now and with what I've seen now, if a redo was possible I'd likely take Herbert. His upside is just uncoachable because of his physical stature and arm.

Tua is a great kid, he has integrity and not someone you ever have to worry about like some NFL players. But he needs to step up his game. A QB needs to be able to carry a team at times. He isn’t there! Our team has been carrying him.

Back
Top Bottom