Dolphins blew it with passing on Herbert | Page 31 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins blew it with passing on Herbert

Herbert’s playing good football. Gets away with some things with his arm but that’s what guys with physical tools like that can do. Shown it was a college offense ask limitation not a qb driven one

Yea that and he's made massive improvement since coming into the NFL also, pocket feel and aggressiveness pushing the ball downfield. He still late at times on intermediate routes, stays on 1st read a little too long sometimes and looked lost against the Fins and yet he's easily the rookie offensive mvp.

Relax Guys, Tua and "his famliy" will give us everything they have.....
Props, you bring up a great point! Tua has been driven to excellence all his life; who knows if Herbert's family ever instilled the need to win in him (so far obviously not) .. or if he even has a "family" at all. :shrug:

TB can talk **** to everyone but Eli...

So by your assessment Marino < Kelly

TB can talk **** to everyone. 6 rings, most wins, most TDs and more. I hate TB but got to show respect where it is due.

This just isnt true at all. Herbert has been amazing at reading progressions and holding safeties and DB's with his eyes.

Its ok to be happy with Tua or content. Its still early and 90% of rookie qbs dont play great and rarely do they play as good as Herbert. But not need to make stuff up to try and knock Herbert. Especially when game tape and advanced stats dont support it.

Not knocking the guy at all, I like him - saying someone is incredible is a compliment. I'm not interested in doing a hatchet job on Herbert. Not like you saying "Tua is playing like a high school QB". I don't think that's necessary.

I'd understand your point if I was saying Tua has a stronger arm than Herbert. But the area I think our guy has an advantage over your guy is in getting through his reads. Yes I can point to the tape, and it's not made up. But if you want to defend your guy and say he's amazing at getting through his reads it's your prerogative. I think that's a work in progress for him.

Tua had a bad game on Sunday. A week ago the media were saying we are Superbowl contenders and Tua is special. Now we shouldn't have drafted him. We're not ready to give up on him after 4 games and I'd be disappointed in our fanbase if we did.

Tbh I think both our franchises have been through enough pain in recent years. I hope we don't end up rooting against each other to prove a point. I'd rather it was the Chargers and the Dolphins with these QBs getting national attention than the 49ers and the Patriots. Have a happy Thanksgiving ;-)

Back
Top Bottom