Dolphins blew it with passing on Herbert | Page 28 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins blew it with passing on Herbert

You do realize playing conservative isnt about attempts passing right? Herbert, the big choker is completing 70% of his passes in the 4th, with a 94 passer rating and 4 tds with 2 ints. 1 vs Tampa when his defenses choked away a 17 point lead and vs Mia.

Look i get it for you to feel better about Tua's showing, you have to convince yourself Herbert sucks... this aint it though bro. Every single statline and game tape says otherwise. It's ok that Herbert is having an all time rookie season (if not best ever) that doesnt diminish Tua or what he will become.
I know you're living in this world where Herbert's pretty stats look nice as you lose to everybody but the worst two teams in the NFL, but delusion only lasts so long.

It should last you through this year, at least, so there's that.

This isn't about Tua vs Herbert for me. I knew Herbert would look better coming out of the gate. This is about ignoring Herbert's negatives and pretending he doesn't have any and your terrible record is due to the defense, the running backs fumbling, the coaches, the wind, the humidity, who is president... Literally anything that isn't Herbert, the all mighty 2-7 savior as he does just enough to do less than the other team.

You'll learn on your own.

I mean, that's not even remotely true. That same defense destroyed Goff not too long ago. We didn't do anything against Herbert that we haven't done to other QBs.
You ran a basic cover 0 defense vs the rams. You brought the blitzes. But you guys weren't doing the amoeba defense with the presnap shifting fronts and disguises that Mia ran vs Chargers. Vs the Rams i dont recall a single defensive alignment where Miami didnt have a single defender, down in the 3 point stance.

You ran a basic cover 0 defense vs the rams. You brought the blitzes. But you guys weren't doing the amoeba defense with the presnap shifting fronts and disguises that Mia ran vs Chargers. Vs the Rams i dont recall a single defensive alignment where Miami didnt have a single defender, down in the 3 point stance.
Look harder.

I know you're living in this world where Herbert's pretty stats look nice as you lose to everybody but the worst two teams in the NFL, but delusion only lasts so long.

It should last you through this year, at least, so there's that.

This isn't about Tua vs Herbert for me. I knew Herbert would look better coming out of the gate. This is about ignoring Herbert's negatives and pretending he doesn't have any and your terrible record is due to the defense, the running backs fumbling, the coaches, the wind, the humidity, who is president... Literally anything that isn't Herbert, the all mighty 2-7 savior as he does just enough to do less than the other team.

You'll learn on your own.
No it's about what you claim are his negatives, not actually being true. It's ok to admit you haven't watched many Chargers games this year. They've only had 1 primtime game... where he lit up Saints and put his kicker in position to win the game.... after defense gave up another lead and kicker proceeded to miss the kick. Herbert has put his team in direct position to win 4 of the 7 losses and his team mates failed him Carolina, NO, Den and Oak.

Mia you can blame him. Tampa is iffy, but he did throw an int to end the game. It was a horrible play call. Max protection, ran out only 2 receivers vs 5 in coverage and both receivers ran same side if the field.

KC game prolly on coaching. Punting on 4th and 2 in OT and giving Mahomes the ball.

They cant be excuses or delusions, if they are real circumstances that impact the outcome.

People who think they can rate Herbert and Tua based on this season have low football IQ

Two different players two very different teams

This is not as simple as looking at wins and yards

Herbert has tools good ones and he has players who can win their match up

He has a chance to be good the franchise is further behind than Miami

Tua has an island of misfit toys he has the chance to be great - Miami has FA money to spend and a cache of early picks they are trending up

Let it play out

No it's about what you claim are his negatives, not actually being true. It's ok to admit you haven't watched many Chargers games this year. They've only had 1 primtime game... where he lit up Saints and put his kicker in position to win the game.... after defense gave up another lead and kicker proceeded to miss the kick. Herbert has put his team in direct position to win 4 of the 7 losses and his team mates failed him Carolina, NO, Den and Oak.

Mia you can blame him. Tampa is iffy, but he did throw an int to end the game. It was a horrible play call. Max protection, ran out only 2 receivers vs 5 in coverage and both receivers ran same side if the field.

KC game prolly on coaching. Punting on 4th and 2 in OT and giving Mahomes the ball.

They cant be excuses or delusions, if they are real circumstances that impact the outcome.
So you're saying Herbert is just unlucky.

OK.

Lolllll wow Toonda.

You apparently watch the games (as do I because I live in Los Angeles) yet you can’t say how Herbert has so many misfire throws that screws over their team? I’m not going to go into specifics because I really don’t care to try and convince you about Herbert, but why don’t you let me know why Herbert continues to make throws like this when the game is on the line? Go to 15:43 / 4th and 7. Game is on the line yet Herbert throws a terrible ball behind Williams. And this is following up two previous passes that were so off target it got them into 4th and 7.

Or let me know when he missed Mike Williams wide open against the Dolphins in corner of the end zone which would have helped them get back in the game quicker, since most people watched that game.

I can do this all day if you want. You can give me all your big plays he does which are cool and all, but I’m talking about having a QB that doesn’t make boneheaded decisions to lose the game (two picks when up 21) or throw inaccurate passes when they are needed the most...

the last possession of the game he’s gifted 15 yards plus another 4 for basically 20 free yards and can’t make one single completion of the drive because of his erratic accuracy

89867AA4-BCF8-4756-B008-4D15C1FD45AA.png

Last edited:

no, you are wrong about the Saints. He lost them the game at the end, which is why I’m confused how you can say you watch the games?

Screenshot_20201125-060637_Chrome.jpg
Also this idea that Chargers are playing from behind alot, isnt true. They are 12th in TOP while leading, right behind Mia who is 11th.

Lolllll wow Toonda.

You apparently watch the games (as do I because I live in Los Angeles) yet you can’t say how Herbert has so many misfire throws that screws over their team? I’m not going to go into specifics because I really don’t care to try and convince you about Herbert, but why don’t you let me know why Herbert continues to make throws like this when the game is on the line? Go to 15:43 / 4th and 7. Game is on the line yet Herbert throws a terrible ball behind Williams. And this is following up two previous passes that were so off target it got them into 4th and 7.

Or let me know when he missed Mike Williams wide open against the Dolphins in corner of the end zone which would have helped them get back in the game quicker, since most people watched that game.

I can do this all day if you want. You can give me all your big plays he does which are cool and all, but I’m talking about having a QB that doesn’t make boneheaded decisions to lose the game (two picks when up 21) or throw inaccurate passes when they are needed the most...

the last possession of the game he’s gifted 15 yards plus another 4 for basically 20 free yards and can’t make one single completion of the drive because of his erratic accuracy

View attachment 59291

You mean the Saints game where before OT, he drove the offense down the field to set up the game winning fg?

Yet you are harping on a crossing route that was slightly behind Williams, but good enough to still catch, which he did.

Yes he Missed Williams vs Miami, rolling to his left throwing left. I seen Mahomes miss that same pass last year to a wide open Kelce. Newsflash, every qb misses wide open passes..

2 ints when up 21? This proves to me you dont watch the games... vs Den was the only time he had 2 ints and 1 of those was his first pass of the game when score was 0-0.

2nd int, seen here at mark 6:56 goes through Williams hands for a td and drops into Calhoun's chest.

Atleast watch the games.

no, you are wrong about the Saints. He lost them the game at the end, which is why I’m confused how you can say you watch the games?
Did he put them in position for the game winning fg in the end of regulation? Yes he did. After a 4 td 0 turnover game. Yet you want to talk about a pass that was slightly thrown behind Williams as why they lost? Who did Herbert punch that you love?

I’ll tell you what, if Herbert can be efficient, not turn it over and lead his team to victory over Buffalo I’ll be impressed. I don’t care if he has 6 TD passes and 600 yards, if he throws a crucial pick that loses the game I will not.

Did he put them in position for the game winning fg in the end of regulation? Yes he did. After a 4 td 0 turnover game. Yet you want to talk about a pass that was slightly thrown behind Williams as why they lost? Who did Herbert punch that you love?

Uh, he had 3 straight incompletions before his pass to Williams that was behind him that caused him not to get the first down.

But sure, disregard the inconsistencies he has literally every game that puts him and his team in position to lose just like the Saints game.

Back
Top Bottom