Dolphins blew it with passing on Herbert | Page 34 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins blew it with passing on Herbert

It would seem to me, if you want to run the football, the shotgun formation derivatives are exactly what we should NOT using.

Get under center, offset I formation and let your heavy OL do some drive blocking.

God I hate the new nfl....chuck and duck RPO, what a waste.

Just get Parsons with the pick.
Our next savior....awesome

I mean obviously he is a great college player and prospect, but he is exactly that. A prospect with potenial, that has yet to take an NFL snap.

I get that ppl have thier own philosophy and favorites, but to act like there is no choice, or some kind of gauranteed slam dunk pick is tunnel vision.

I agree, the weapons thing is a bit overblown but to be expected. LA does have better weapons. Allen is a top WR but Williams and Henry are a bit overrated on here. Williams is better than Grant though but I agree Henry and Gesicki are in the same tier. Also, you have to say we have better RB’s because their lead back, Ballage, couldn’t make our team despite being given ample opportunity. This is moot when they get Ekler back though, he’s obviously better than anything we have.

look most agree we have good coaching and Tua is a talented young QB. I think we also all agree there would be some growing pains. I expect them to come out and look sharp vs an 0-10 Jets team Sunday. We all should!
Mike Williams might not be a mind blowing #2, but he has had a 1,000 yard season and a 10 TD one.

Our 2nd option is Jakeem Grant.

But the difference in weapons can't excuse the massive gap in production.

Mike Williams might not be a mind blowing #2, but he has had a 1,000 yard season and a 10 TD one.

Our 2nd option is Jakeem Grant.

But the difference in weapons can't excuse the massive gap in production.
I agree and I don’t even mind the production gap if we’re playing good complimentary football and winning games. I will mind if we look completely incompetent offensively against the 0-10 Jets big time.

If we could go back an have a do-over on the draft, we draft Herbert. Anyone who will deny this is either a liar or delusional. I bet their are Cincy people who would say that Herbert is better than Burrow. We missed on the pick, hopefully Tua ends up being productive but by no means is Tua able to carry a team at this point. A QB averaging 150 yards or around that isn’t able to carry their team, they need the team to carry them. I hope that I am proven wrong. I like Tua and his jersey is the first that I have owned since Marino. Plus my 7 yo son thinks Tua is the greatest QB ever.
But Herbert can carry a team? Wow check out that W L record - Oh wait... One is 3-1

What’s scary is you’re actually being serious right now. Honest question if you and others love Herbert that much then why not celebrate him on the Chargers board with the rest of his fans?

Why complain here like litttle school children? Don’t you have anything better to do?

i will never get that. You’re on a Dolphins board and I suppose are a Dolphins fan and you dedicate and maintain a thread demolishing your young Qb to support and crave another teams Qb.
Haha, you're on a post comparing the two players. Here we go with the "wah, you're not supporting my quarterback" talk. "Wah, I'm a better fan than you." "Wah, go celebrate him somewhere else."

You need to read my posts. I'm not celebrating Herbert either. I'm saying people on here denying that he's not the better player right now are out of there minds. Saying ours is better are unequivocally wrong AT THIS POINT. I hope that changes but he's proven the armchair qb coaches wrong.

If you don't like the opinions of others, and there's plenty, move onto another thread.

Last edited:
But Herbert can carry a team? Wow check out that W L record - Oh wait... One is 3-1
In so many ways this is wrong. What's Burrows record before injury? I suppose you would say Tua was better than him based on his record as well?

We need the kid to play better, plain and simple.

Tua out played Herbert in that game. Herbert's numbers looked better because he made some throws when the game was all but over.
Outplayed? Questionable but I'll go with that. 15-25 for 169 is what he does. Game manager. What our defense threw at Herbert that game was disturbing and he hung in. I was actually impressed with him. His int was a great play by X.

Haha, you're on a post comparing the two players. Here we go with the "wah, you're not supporting my quarterback" talk. "Wah, I'm a better fan than you." "Wah, go celebrate him somewhere else."

You need to read my posts. I'm not celebrating Herbert either. I'm saying people on here denying that he's not the better player right now are out of there minds. Saying ours is better are unequivocally wrong AT THIS POINT. I hope that changes but he's proven the armchair qb coaches wrong.

If you don't like the opinions of others, and there's plenty, move onto another thread.

This post and this thread is more hopeless than I thought.

In so many ways this is wrong. What's Burrows record before injury? I suppose you would say Tua was better than him based on his record as well?

We need the kid to play better, plain and simple.
How about stop comparing 3 players in vastly different scenarios

Tua is being asked to game manage - should we also count up all the garbage fantasy yardage too?

Again, you sound ridiculous. Yes, I watched him multiple times. Was he perfect, no but he had an the tools to be great. I believe the system he was in was not perfect for him either. He's clearly getting better coaching and taking advantage of it.

As for bias, now the history teacher in me comes out. I simply made a claim based on your argument and provided you with evidence to back it up. Your claimed he's doing nothing but throwing screen passes. I gave you his numbers. Clearly not the case. You said he's causing his team to lose games, I showed you he's clearly not doing that. But Tua has 3 wins...I showed you why. Then when you brought college into it and how one couldn't handle pressure, I gave you a concrete example of the other coming out of a championship game with a "rolled ankle." I also stated another claim that Tua's ability to handle pressure in college is largely on question. I then told you one does not have a fake hip and holes in his ankle from holding the ball too long. These are facts. You did respond with facts of your own. Herbert did break good collar bone.

This is not a bias, I'm simply stating a claim that Herbert is a better quarterback at this point than Tua is. Stop using the lame college argument because college is over and look who's clearly been better. Also read where I said maybe not in the future but right now.
If you read some of my posts pre draft I said give me Tua or Herbert and I would be happy. Herbert went to a team that has pro bowl weapons, excellent line, rbs etc...I knew Herbert was going to be good in the nfl but I also believe Tua will be too. Miami is rebuilding but we are having much success due to coaching. Like I said give Tua weapons and protection and he will carve ppl up.

Back
Top Bottom