Dolphins bring back Robert Jones | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins bring back Robert Jones

Guessing we are going to be bringing Wynn back for cheap as well.

I hope we don’t punt on the center position. Connor Williams might be a lot cheaper than originally thought and there are some other good options out there like Brewer.

Williams might be a June 1st signing with Howard money. I don’t think he’s going to get much attention being injured plus I thought his stock wasn’t that high anyways as not many teams will deal with snapping issues at C and he was moved from guard because he lead the league in false start penalties which is why Dallas let him go. He lost big time not signing an extension last summer.

If I remember correctly (although I could be mistaken), when Jones took over at LG for Wynn, he did okay when Armstead or Lamm and Williams were on either side of him. However, once they had back-ups at LT (Cotton or ?) and Center (Eichenberg), Jones didn't do as well.
was he supposed to be just as effective? he is a solid backup, please don't underestimate the whole situation.

If I remember correctly (although I could be mistaken), when Jones took over at LG for Wynn, he did okay when Armstead or Lamm and Williams were on either side of him. However, once they had back-ups at LT (Cotton or ?) and Center (Eichenberg), Jones didn't do as well.
No, the run game took a hit when Wynn went down, Jones is a nice backup but if he's playing the offense is in trouble.

Robert Jones good signing now keep van qinkel and its been a succesfull off season so far. Hope they can sign tua for 35 mill per and a huge signing bonus. Draft a center in the first round and another ol in the second and so far so good. We are on the right track with tend signing Needham rober jones....a couple dt bodies for the rotation.

Most important thing of all improve oline talent to keep the most valuable piece healthy all year again.

Robert Jones good signing now keep van qinkel and its been a succesfull off season so far. Hope they can sign tua for 35 mill per and a huge signing bonus. Draft a center in the first round and another ol in the second and so far so good. We are on the right track with tend signing Needham rober jones....a couple dt bodies for the rotation.

Most important thing of all improve oline talent to keep the most valuable piece healthy all year again.
Gink would be a fool to not at least wait and see what kind of offers he gets.

I mean if the Fins only offer another one year deal, or try to minimize guarantees, why would he resign here.

I don't think he's going to get a blockbuster deal, but he can do a lot better than what he got from us last year

Jones is OK... and will probably never be better than that, but at a low cost, it's still a nice signing. Quality depth at a near rookie price.

Gink would be a fool to not at least wait and see what kind of offers he gets.

I mean if the Fins only offer another one year deal, or try to minimize guarantees, why would he resign here.

I don't think he's going to get a blockbuster deal, but he can do a lot better than what he got from us last year
Agreed. Maybe they can work something out and bring him back. I read fangio was the one who persuaded him to come back last year. Fangio in gone now.

Agreed. Maybe they can work something out and bring him back. I read fangio was the one who persuaded him to come back last year. Fangio in gone now.
I've seen that hypothesis, but never seen evidence to support it.

There's good depth in the draft. We could trade back and still land a really good player and probably a day one starter at C. Conner should be switched back to LG next to Armstead. If Powers Johnson is there @ 21 I hope we are smart enough to grab him!! That kid makes us better in a hurry.

I've seen that hypothesis, but never seen evidence to support it.

Well, VG was let go at the beginning of the season but was brought back.
Why?
What changed in the coaching room and front office?
Fangio arrived!
What position did Fangio have?
Defensive Coordinator!
What happened shortly after Fangio came on board?
Van Ginkel came back onto the team.
What side of the ball did Van Ginkel play on?
The Defense.

What were you looking at?
Tea leaves, or possibly a few turds getting flushed?

The "evidence" is in, and "Ray is Right", again! - LOL

Well, VG was let go at the beginning of the season but was brought back.
Why?
What changed in the coaching room and front office?
Fangio arrived!
What position did Fangio have?
Defensive Coordinator!
What happened shortly after Fangio came on board?
Van Ginkel came back onto the team.
What side of the ball did Van Ginkel play on?
The Defense.

What were you looking at?
Tea leaves, or possibly a few turds getting flushed?

The "evidence" is in, and "Ray is Right", again! - LOL
He wasn't "let go". He was a FA and talked to other teams. If what you say is true, why didn't he sing with the Eagles?

I think you are using the term "evidence" very loosely. Correlation does not equal causation.

Not sure why you felt compelled to chime in, but the RiR schtick and the insults are getting very old.

I guess you think it's comedic in some way? Because it certainly isn't accurate.

He wasn't "let go". He was a FA and talked to other teams. If what you say is true, why didn't he sing with the Eagles?

I think you are using the term "evidence" very loosely. Correlation does not equal causation.

Not sure why you felt compelled to chime in, but the RiR schtick and the insults are getting very old.

I guess you think it's comedic in some way? Because it certainly isn't accurate.
Answers:

Line #1 - He hadn't signed with us, thus no contract, thus not on the team. Besides, he had laryngitis and couldn't "sing". - LOL

Line #2 - The number one rule of Nature is "trial and error". That's one reason why kids don't always look like their parents. That's another way of saying "survival of the fittest" or "correlation identifies causation". - LOL

Line #3 - I wasn't "compelled", I simply chose to "chime in". Abot those "RIR" quips - they are right-on! You shouldn't feel insulted but could reasonably be expected to be embarrassed.

Line #4 - Yes. I see it as being somewhat funny. As to accuracy, opinions can vary.

Back
Top Bottom