Dolphins bringing back Ahmed | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins bringing back Ahmed

Not exactly excited with this, but then again, he needs to prove himself, and be better then the other RBs that will be there in Pre-Season, so if he is still there game 1, then he must have earned it.

I think Brooks sucks. Mostert, Achane, Wilson, Ahmed. I think they signed him but could draft a RB later if one falls to them and then release him. I thought Ahmed played well though in the system. I think we address RB in the draft next year and go Rookie RB/Achane

"Tell me you didn't watch Brooks play without saying 'I never watched Brooks play'"

He's insurance at this point. 1 year deal with very low guarantee money in a position that usually has its share of injuries.

Don't be unkind. Salvon Ahmed is very athletic and he understands the McDaniel system. He's also versatile - there to push Terron Armstead's wheelchair and drive the Cheetah's Brinks armored truck.
Agreed, plus he's good on ST. You can do a ton worse for RB4 and he doesn't break the bank

I would have rather just drafted a RB in the 7th round. He would be a little cheaper and might have more upside.
They can always draft a RB in the 7th round and if that RB turns out to be better than Ahmed, they will just cut Ahmed. Yet with their limited cap space after all their recent free agent signings, getting Ahmed on the cheap is probably the best they could do at the RB position at this time.

They can always draft a RB in the 7th round and if that RB turns out to be better than Ahmed, they will just cut Ahmed. Yet with their limited cap space after all their recent free agent signings, getting Ahmed on the cheap is probably the best they could do at the RB position at this time.
Don't underestimate the value of having guys that know the system and scheme in camp.

You have to have some guys that know what the hell is going on to properly evaluate others

You literally said "sucks".........
True. I'll pull back a bit on that. I mean, he'll never crack our top 3 and will only see playing time if we have injuries or we are winning 80-0.

Back
Top Bottom