Dolphins bringing back Ahmed | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins bringing back Ahmed

The only RB on our roster who didn't get banged up last year is the guy with the longest medical history of all NFL RB's. If you don't understand how this works at this point I feel sorry for you.

He wasn't signed to play, he was signed in case he had to play.

I like Chris Brooks and hope they can utilize him more.

This was just Denver not wanting to play. You can stop the video at 3:26 and just watch the defender stand there as Brooks runs by. All good, he's a Dolphin and I hope he's amazing while he's here. I just don't think he'll ever touch the field unless injuries.

163 carries for 593 yards in his career. There is a big enough sample size to know who he is as a player at this point. Time to move on, not a fan of bringing him back. Would rather see what some other UDFA can do.

They can always draft a RB in the 7th round and if that RB turns out to be better than Ahmed, they will just cut Ahmed. Yet with their limited cap space after all their recent free agent signings, getting Ahmed on the cheap is probably the best they could do at the RB position at this time.

Isn't it amazing what a knowledgeable and full spectrum view of an NFL team can unveil, as opposed to the "Lemming" viewpoint that there is something wrong with everything.

I guess they are trying to prove themselves knowledgeable and only end up showing how un-knowledgeable they really are. - LOL

163 carries for 593 yards in his career. There is a big enough sample size to know who he is as a player at this point. Time to move on, not a fan of bringing him back. Would rather see what some other UDFA can do.

You should change your "handle" to "The Gambler". - LOL

If Ahmed wasn't injured, he could have ended up as the 3rd leading receiver on the team.

The 49er philosophy of drafting a RB every year and using scatback types for heavy running has been past down to this team so I expect the will draft one. There may be some uncertainity if the one drafted is ready to perform well in both the running and passing game; hence, having a vet on the roster is good roster management.

The staff seems to set weight targets for players to be heavier or lighter. Last year, Mosert and Cracraft played heavier than the year before. For Ahmed, I wonder if he lighten up, could if fill a Berrios type of role?

The most notable thing about Ahmed last year was him stealing touches from Achane the first two weeks of the season. Don’t miss the days we’re our backfield as Gaskin-Ahmed-Laird.

Don't underestimate the value of having guys that know the system and scheme in camp.

You have to have some guys that know what the hell is going on to properly evaluate others
Smart, reasonable statement. Ahmed knows McD's scheme - running, receiving, and blocking, and probably knows those few legacy plays from the Chan playbook better than anyone, other than Tua. Pretty good vision, and he'd be fast on some teams.

OTOH, physically he adds absolutely nothing to our particular RB room 😂😂.

Last edited:
I read the title of this thread too quickly and thought it said "Dolphins building around Ahmed."

Back
Top Bottom