Dolphins bringing in Tackle Terron Armstead tomorrow. | Page 89 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins bringing in Tackle Terron Armstead tomorrow.

Huh wasnt Branden Albert old, outta shape and frequently hurt?.This is bad signing.
No. He was “good” like a 5-10 rank LT but would miss games consistently, in the short time he was here. He was coming into his supposed peak when we signed him and he got big money although had a checkered injury history… when he played, he it immediately made our OL better. Overall was a leader and mentor for young guys too.

Inconsistent players lead to inconsistent teams though. Brandon Albert’s career arch here was mediocre and short but his pay was elite.

Let’s hope we get more out of this move with TA.

Last edited:
Huh wasnt Branden Albert old, outta shape and frequently hurt?.This is bad signing.
He had an 89 and 79 off grades with the fins the first two years before his play fell off a cliff. Perhaps people only remember that season because his first two with us he played very well. Not coincidentally that last season he played for Adam Gase in his first season as head coach. Gase was exceptionally good at ruining careers so there is something to that

Albert played in Miami 3 years. He was injured in his first year and only played in 9 games in that season but he started and played in 26 of 32 games in his final 2 seasons in Miami.

Like Armstead, the Dolphins signed Albert knowing that he had a history of missing games with injuries but that happens frequently with older offensive linemen.

The reality is that signing Albert at that time and Armstead now, even with their injury history was and is better than the alternative of going into the season with the other tackles they had or have on their roster.

It's easy to say "Someone who's making $20mm a year won't mind paying $2mm in state income tax" to live in...say, New Jersey...unless you're the guy forking over $2mm. It's hard to say.

I'm currently shopping on the Gulf Coast in the North Port area - home prices have gone up about 40% over the past 12-18 months. It's completely bonkers. However, I'm also figuring in that my wife and I are going to save between $5-6k per year in state tax just by leaving PA for FL. That's legitimately going to cover a big chunk of our new mortgage. I don't think this percentage of savings on a much larger scale is completely dismissed by players or agents.

Also I have a teenage son who's about to start driving. So that should be fun for my car insurance.

Back
Top Bottom