Dolphins bringing in Tackle Terron Armstead tomorrow. | Page 88 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins bringing in Tackle Terron Armstead tomorrow.

No, I just don’t appreciate people like you who say things like I’m the worst kind of poster here when, not only was I right in the first place, but I’ve read posters call each other vile things and make terrible judgements about each other simply for having a difference of opinion. I’m not in that category.

I don’t need to be right, I just was in this instance, And I don’t appreciate the way some posters came at me with their straw man arguments Simply for wanting the Dolphins to go after a big name or two In free agency as if that was a terrible thing, and now those same people are celebrating the signing Armstead, so I felt the need to point out the hypocrisy. It absolutely was accurate.

Trust me, I’ll be wrong way more often then right Moving forward. And I’ll have no problem at all acknowledging it.
I respect others opinions, as I have done to yours even over the past couple days. What I don't respect is the kind of posts I referenced. So do better, you can be right if you think you are, no need to go around acting like that. I'm not a mod could care less if you continue that line, I'll just put you on the ignore list and move along, but your posts are insightful and different to the typical line tow to me hence why I'm even responding here. Again, do better. That's all.

Wow. I’ll be happy with 13 games. I promise not to complain unless it turns out to be under ten. And then only if his replacement gets Tua hurt.

Gotcha. It wasn’t because Terron Armstead wasn’t a big name, he just happened to be the perfect fit because he was the #1 rated LT and overall Free Agent available in the NFL.

Holy moly man, can’t we just be excited we signed a potentially game changing star player without trying to come up with all of these excuses as to why it didn’t fit our hypocritical narrative 2 days ago? People are wrong all the time, it’s no big deal.

Apparently my stance makes me the worst kind of poster on this forum according to some. That’s truly sad.
You can be excited all you want. I am excited too, but for me it was never about the name. It was about the fit. My narrative never changed. I said well before this signing that I was happy with what Miami had done this FA. I'm even happier now. Nothing about my posts has been hypocritical.

You can be excited all you want. I am excited too, but for me it was never about the name. It was about the fit. My narrative never changed. I said well before this signing that I was happy with what Miami had done this FA. I'm even happier now. Nothing about my posts has been hypocritical.
I’m happy about the signing too. But saying signing Armstead was about the fit and not the name when we had the worst LT situation in the league and Signed the potentially best LT in the league is like saying Devante Adams was more about the fit and not the name because the Raiders simply needed a WR.

We could’ve plugged our hole at LT with several players, but we did it with the very best one. Thats way better than a fit.

To be fair, I may have overreached here. I just have a huge issue with people presenting their opinion as facts.
Trust me man, I get it. I represented the opinion that it would be more exciting and moved the needle more if the Dolphins used some of the money they had to sign a “big named expensive player”, and people ripped me for it. The same exact people are now celebrating that we signed Armstead, a “big name expensive player”. It bugged me. I should’ve ignored it. I’m happy we showed some aggressiveness and signed Armstead.

We all just want the same thing at the end of the day.

Trust me man, I get it. I represented the opinion that it would be more exciting and moved the needle more if the Dolphins used some of the money they had to sign a “big named expensive player”, and people ripped me for it. The same exact people are now celebrating that we signed Armstead, a “big name expensive player”. It bugged me. I should’ve ignored it. I’m happy we showed some aggressiveness and signed Armstead.

We all just want the same thing at the end of the day.
It wasn’t just that you wanted a “big name”

Your past posts made it sound like that’s all you wanted us to sign and also had no idea who or for how much when others pointed that out…

You can’t just sign the top or near top rated guys in FA and get 3,4,5 of them

If you pay attention plenty of the board was split in TA. Some of us wanted that elite player and are okay that he will miss some games, it’s inevitable

And we also signed Mid tier guys who fit what we will run, and that’s not a big deal man. You’ve been melting down for days about it - just be happy we went out and got expensive finally

It wasn’t just that you wanted a “big name”

Your past posts made it sound like that’s all you wanted us to sign and also had no idea who or for how much when others pointed that out…

You can’t just sign the top or near top rated guys in FA and get 3,4,5 of them

If you pay attention plenty of the board was split in TA. Some of us wanted that elite player and are okay that he will miss some games, it’s inevitable

And we also signed Mid tier guys who fit what we will run, and that’s not a big deal man. You’ve been melting down for days about it - just be happy we went out and got expensive finally
I haven’t been melting down at all. Again, it’s that kind of straw man argument that’s so frustrating. Almost every one of my posts said that if we weren’t going to be aggressive in free agency we should just own it and load up for 2023. Either way would be ok. My thought process, right or wrong, was that there should be no half measures. Again, this is simply my opinion. It means almost nothing and shouldn’t make me a target for personal attacks.

I could’ve easily said we should do something like go get Barkley and Wagner and Armstead, trade for Russell Wilson, and trade for a star WR, we probably could’ve figured all of that out cap wise, but it’s completely unrealistic and would’ve just added more fuel to your fire that I was playing “madden”, so why name specific names? And no, you can’t just go out and sign all the top tier guys, but until today, were we linked to trying to sign any of them? Was todays signing not exciting and encouraging for you?

Im absolutely happy we were aggressive today and signed Armstead. And so are most of the people here, which is my entire point. Could we have signed less players but more impactful, “bigger name”players overall then what we have signed? I personally think that would’ve helped us to be more competitive this year, But neither me nor you knows for sure At this point.

Hey whatever you say man. That’s just my, and others perspective on your recent posts. We all want the same thing. Have a good one dizzle

I’m happy about the signing too. But saying signing Armstead was about the fit and not the name when we had the worst LT situation in the league and Signed the potentially best LT in the league is like saying Devante Adams was more about the fit and not the name because the Raiders simply needed a WR.

We could’ve plugged our hole at LT with several players, but we did it with the very best one. Thats way better than a fit.
Fit is more important than talent. That's why big FA signings so often fail, great players, but poor fits. A couple of years ago I said that Ogbah would be our best FA signing that year. I stated at the time that it was b/c he was a perfect fit for our defense. As an example, (not that this is the only measure or even a good one, but it's one that people who focus on big names would understand), he was a guy who averaged 4.5 sacks per year. In Miami, with a better fit, he averages 9.0 sacks per year. And this year he was considered one of the big FA names. He didn't suddenly have twice the talent. But the better fit made people think he was better.

The two linemen (Armstead and Williams) we added are ideal zone lineman. That's why I had Armstead and Notebloom as Ts I wanted even though there were bigger named Ts out there. I would have been just as happy if we'd signed Notebloom at the beginning of FA (although at a lower price) as I am with the Armstead signing now. Actually at the lower price I would probably be even happier. But the people who wanted the big name probably wouldn't be. For me it's all about the fit. You put good players in the right fit and they will look like superstars. You put even great players in a poor fit and they look pretty average.

Back
Top Bottom