Dolphins bringing in Tackle Terron Armstead tomorrow. | Page 87 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins bringing in Tackle Terron Armstead tomorrow.

0800f4ff-24d0-4ea9-a8a2-440aabb9d333_text.gif

Wow.impressive tape

Maybe we are closer to Jesse Davis being depth and not starter.
Next step is to improve depth.

The quintessential definition of awful people on this forum. Congrats.
Haters gonna hate. You guys bagged on me for this and now I’m the bad guy? That’s fine.It’s ok to be wrong sometimes. Just admit you are excited because we spent a lot of money on a big name player. It won’t kill you. I’m excited too.

I get it. My post was just to point out the hypocrisy that posters were critical of trying to go out and sign "every big expensive name available" as if that was ever a realistic option or strategy, but now are celebrating signing the biggest and most expensive name available because it fits their agenda. I find it comical and worthy of doing a childish victory lap.

Who knows if this is gonna work out. Fingers crossed. It was sadly necessary.
Obviously his injury history and the number of games he has missed has to be a concern. Yet I fully understand why they had to take the chance to sign him.

He has proven to be a great player when he is healthy and he is also said to be a great leader in the locker room. That is sorely needed, especially with all the young offensive linemen on the Dolphins.

Obviously the front office and the coaching staff feel sign Armstead is worth the risk considering his injury history and if it works out, the Dolphins OL should much improved over the next few years.

Can Eich do blind side tackle?
I don’t know about Eich but I would love to see Grier move up in the first round and draft Linderbaum. He would be the center for the Dolphins for the next decade or more..

Last edited:
It's exciting signing a "big name" player at an area of need, isn't it?
I'm happy with this signing. I had listed him on my wish list pre-FA. But it was not b/c he was a big name. It was b/c he was a perfect fit. It's why I was also happy with Mostert, Edmonds and several other signings. Fit is arguably the most important factor in success for most players. It's also why I didn't subscribe to the "if we don't sign a big name it means FA failed" or even that "we fell behind".

I'm happy with this signing. I had listed him on my wish list pre-FA. But it was not b/c he was a big name. It was b/c he was a perfect fit. It's why I was also happy with Mostert, Edmonds and several other signings. Fit is arguably the most important factor in success for most players. It's also why I didn't subscribe to the "if we don't sign a big name it means FA failed" or even that "we fell behind".
**** son...

I don't think a single player would make one difference or another on the current roster, perhaps a RB but I'm not of the mindset to pick up a flashy trade or anything. I think we should consider going after Armstead of NO who is hitting FA next year and they definitely can't afford him after Rams resigning. Let Eich work at RT and put a veteran like Armstead at LT and the OL should be solid.

Outside of that, we have a lot of contracts to extend or think about. Looking at Gman specifically who is fixing to have a breakout year.

I’m not angry at all. I’m just right.

It’s all good, everyone should be pretty excited about this signing. As you always should when you add a great player to your favorite team. Whether it works out or not is a different story.

You're not right.

You're like the old guy in the neighborhood who yells at people who disagree with his opinion and then punctuates it with, "I JUST TELL IT LIKE IT IS!"

No, you grumpy old ####. You tell it like you THINK it is. And that's usually not the same thing.

Gotcha. It wasn’t because Terron Armstead wasn’t a big name, he just happened to be the perfect fit because he was the #1 rated LT and overall Free Agent available in the NFL.

Holy moly man, can’t we just be excited we signed a potentially game changing star player without trying to come up with all of these excuses as to why it didn’t fit our hypocritical narrative 2 days ago? People are wrong all the time, it’s no big deal.

Apparently my stance makes me the worst kind of poster on this forum according to some. That’s truly sad.

You're not right.

You're like the old guy in the neighborhood who yells at people who disagree with his opinion and then punctuates it with, "I JUST TELL IT LIKE IT IS!"

No, you grumpy old ####. You tell it like you THINK it is. And that's usually not the same thing.
And what’s the opinion that I’m “yelling” at people about That I disagree with?

Can’t wait for more people to unnecessarily personally attack me for something I was objectively right about in the first place. This should be good.

Gotcha. It wasn’t because Terron Armstead wasn’t a big name, he just happened to be the perfect fit because he was the #1 rated LT and overall Free Agent available in the NFL.

Holy moly man, can’t we just be excited we signed a potentially game changing star player without trying to come up with all of these excuses as to why it didn’t fit our hypocritical narrative 2 days ago? People are wrong all the time, it’s no big deal.

Apparently my stance makes me the worst kind of poster on this forum according to some. That’s truly sad.
Your need to be right and take a victory lap because of it is why. It's petty, unnecessary and in this case wasn't even accurate. Not even on this forum honestly, you have a lot of friends who like to say I told you so? Yeah, you are that guy.

Your need to be right and take a victory lap because of it is why. It's petty, unnecessary and in this case wasn't even accurate. Not even on this forum honestly, you have a lot of friends who like to say I told you so? Yeah, you are that guy.
No, I just don’t appreciate people like you who say things like I’m the worst kind of poster here when, not only was I right in the first place, but I’ve read posters call each other vile things and make terrible judgements about each other simply for having a difference of opinion. I’m not in that category.

I don’t need to be right, I just was in this instance, And I don’t appreciate the way some posters came at me with their straw man arguments Simply for wanting the Dolphins to go after a big name or two In free agency as if that was a terrible thing, and now those same people are celebrating the signing Armstead, so I felt the need to point out the hypocrisy. It absolutely was accurate.

Trust me, I’ll be wrong way more often then right Moving forward. And I’ll have no problem at all acknowledging it.

Back
Top Bottom