Dolphins can’t pass on Baker Mayfield | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins can’t pass on Baker Mayfield

ColoradoFin

Active Roster
Reaction score
I found this interesting article on Mayfield. What are your thoughts if he is there at pick 11. The speculation is that the Broncos will go with Allen, the QB from Wyoming, and we would be up for the next QB:

Many mock drafts project quarterback Baker Mayfield will be available when the Dolphins pick in the first round. Miami would be crazy to pass on him.
Anybody that knows football realizes that the quarterback position is the most important piece to building a championship team. While many people will point to the ‘final four’ in this year’s playoffs as proof that you don’t need a difference-maker at QB, that is a very myopic point of view.

If your team’s quarterback isn’t named Brady, (Eli/Peyton) Manning, Roethisberger, Rodgers or Wilson then your team hasn’t sustained success over the last five years.

Article link:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/phinph...dolphins-cant-afford-pass-baker-mayfield/amp/

I found this interesting article on Mayfield. What are your thoughts if he is there at pick 11. The speculation is that the Broncos will go with Allen, the QB from Wyoming, and we would be up for the next QB:

Many mock drafts project quarterback Baker Mayfield will be available when the Dolphins pick in the first round. Miami would be crazy to pass on him.
Anybody that knows football realizes that the quarterback position is the most important piece to building a championship team. While many people will point to the ‘final four’ in this year’s playoffs as proof that you don’t need a difference-maker at QB, that is a very myopic point of view.

If your team’s quarterback isn’t named Brady, (Eli/Peyton) Manning, Roethisberger, Rodgers or Wilson then your team hasn’t sustained success over the last five years.

Article link:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/phinph...dolphins-cant-afford-pass-baker-mayfield/amp/
I would LOVE BAKER MAYFIELD!!! This from the guy who loved BRADY QUINN & JOHNNY MANZIEL. Yeah, so there's that. :wall

I have no problem with a QB at 11 and I think Mayfield will be a good NFL QB, but there's a good chance the top 4 guys will all be gone by then. I really don't want to see another 7th round project with little chance of success for QB2, though.

I would hate see Mayfield playing good for other team. and we are still at 6 to 8 win team every yr and people making excuse for 30 plus qb.

I would hate see Mayfield playing good for other team. and we are still at 6 to 8 win team every yr and people making excuse for 30 plus qb.

I'd hate to see us continue a rotating door of QBS while some people making excuses for a bottom barrel OL.

I wouldn't have a problem with Mayfield. We definitely need to add another QB and if the staff sees a great prospect at 11 it would be silly to pass on him when there's still a question about our starter.

This organization has passed on Drew Brees (twice), Aaron Rogers and Matt Ryan.
NO ONE knows if Mayfield will be a star, a bust or somewhere in between, but the same could be said for the names mentioned. No one can know for sure.
However, if the Phins pass on him and he becomes an upper echelon QB, this forum will be full of people disparaging the FO for missing out on the obvious.
Success has a thousand fathers, whereas failure is an orphan.

I would just like to see another significant iron get put into the fire, one that I genuinely like and can get behind.

Whether that be acquiring Teddy Bridgewater via free agency, or drafting someone like Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, or Allen, it doesn't matter too much to me. I could also get behind Lamar Jackson or Riley Ferguson.

I get less excited if we're talking about guys like Mason Rudolph, Luke Falk, Mike White, Chase Litton, Kyle Lauletta, Nic Shimonek, Brandon Silvers, Chris Streveler, Kyle Kempt, Dalton Sturm, Bryan Schor, Logan Woodside, or John Wolford...but at least you're rolling the dice.

This organization has passed on Drew Brees (twice), Aaron Rogers and Matt Ryan.
NO ONE knows if Mayfield will be a star, a bust or somewhere in between, but the same could be said for the names mentioned. No one can know for sure.
However, if the Phins pass on him and he becomes an upper echelon QB, this forum will be full of people disparaging the FO for missing out on the obvious.
Success has a thousand fathers, whereas failure is an orphan.

Every franchise has passed on HOF QB's.

My personal opinion is that there are no sure things for this year's QB's in the draft. Each one has question marks and no one is head and shoulders above the rest. Roll the dice on someone in the 2-4 round but don't get suckered by the hype of the 4 names that are getting dropped for the top half of the first round. Besides, until Kirk Cousins is signed, the dominoes won't start to fall on who wants to move up or down in the draft to stockpile picks or go after one of the QB's.

Every franchise has passed on HOF QB's.

My personal opinion is that there are no sure things for this year's QB's in the draft. Each one has question marks and no one is head and shoulders above the rest. Roll the dice on someone in the 2-4 round but don't get suckered by the hype of the 4 names that are getting dropped for the top half of the first round. Besides, until Kirk Cousins is signed, the dominoes won't start to fall on who wants to move up or down in the draft to stockpile picks or go after one of the QB's.

In response to your first sentence. Every team has come to regret it.
No one knows who is over hyped until they get into the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom