Dolphins CB Will Davis, off ACL, expected to be ready for camp | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins CB Will Davis, off ACL, expected to be ready for camp

To be fair guys he did look more willing and able to tackle last year than be did year 1. He was really doing some good things on special teams before his injury.
I agree i dont see a superstar however he is a boundry corner and we need those.
But you cant expect a kid who was never really standing out to come back after an acl injury and stand out

true but he missed tackles still on specials coverage falling off of guys and he still showed the same issues in coverage...he's got to get stronger and use his hands more to offset his lack of high end tools especially when you can only play the boundary...other than ball skills and awareness he doesnt have much...

that lippett guys gonna have to play like a bull to make it in our scheme also...long wiry stiff hipped and slow...you better be a bull and use those hands...i dont think lippett or davis are gonna ever do much...worst thing is this scheme is ideal for davis game but he has major flaws...this schemes not good for lippett...his tools are better suited in a press man or cover 2 one...although again you better be a bull

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's see what he can do. He consistently lights it up at training - recognized on the team as an absolute star at training sessions, day after day after day. Yes, he's a bit light but when he's hot he swoops on every ball. Actually, CBs with good hands who can make interceptions, can be the beneficiaries of Ndamukong Suh's aggressive pursuit of the QBs. Make no mistake, Will Davis has lots of competition (Jamar Taylor, Z Bowman, Bobby and Brice McCain, Walt Aikens, Tony Lippet etc) but he is certain to give it 100%.

The traits that lead to that 3-Cone time are the reason he's still on the roster. His COD's the reason he lights it up in training camp. Bottom line, if he can't stay healthy, it doesn't matter how well he changes direction. And even if he does stay healthy, he has to show better discipline and awareness, and he has to tackle better. Staying healthy is a big part of both of those; getting stronger is a big part of that.

Nice.. Camp fodder since hell do no more than nothing when the games actually matter

Willie D was actually looking much improved last year until he got injured. He's a helluva lot smarter than Jamar Taylor. I would argue that Jamar has underperformed big time since he was drafted but he gets a pass from the FH experts because he is bigger. Don't be surprised if someone like Walt Aikens and Brice McCain beat both of them out.

Willie D was actually looking much improved last year until he got injured. He's a helluva lot smarter than Jamar Taylor. I would argue that Jamar has underperformed big time since he was drafted but he gets a pass from the FH experts because he is bigger. Don't be surprised if someone like Walt Aikens and Brice McCain beat both of them out.

None of these guys is good enough to be a good nfl starter

On a positive note he and dion jordan make a strong flag football duo

As long as one doesn't get injured and the other isn't ripping bongs on the sideline

---------- Post added at 07:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 AM ----------

None of these guys is good enough to be a good nfl starter

I'm not expecting anything from Davis or Taylor. They both suck and we need to upgrade their positions.

Kid has shown almost no improvement and is miniature by NFL standards. Going to have a tough time making the roster with the two McCains here.

Absolutely hated this draft pick.

Miniature like Grimes?

Its not like we could not use the competion at cb. We really just have a lot of no names currently with lots to prove. The money appears to be on the kid from memphis making the largest contribution. Davis never appeared to take the plays he made in practice and translate them on games day. Seen a few great practice players over the years play for the fins. I agree with the observation that Davis was just beginning to show a glimpse of improvement last year on the field but not enough to keep him on the team this year and couple that with ACL issue which sometimes takes a year to really bounce back from then the odds are highly against him. I thank AKins is more of a safty then a corner right? Taylor is the guy whom we really need to step up this year but he has got to stay healthy. Lippit hum all the draft guides had him listed as a top 20 reciever in this years draft which was suppose to be a pretty good class of wide recievers. If he can play specials and offer some coverage skills I guess his spot would really be as the emergency CB/WR special team core players. Last year we certainly ran out of players at cb and were pulling in guys off the street. Ya gotta wonder how well Grimes is going to hold up also as the reason we got him in the first place was because he was injured in Atlanta so long. IMO we lucked out there. Agree with the opinions that trading Vomte Davis was a bad idea but I put that at Philbins feet as we gave away a lot of talent after Philins first year just becasue Philbin figured those players did not fit his scheme or he could nnot coach them. That just points out a defientncy in oour coaching staff which is omething I have been harping on for wome while.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure what the team is thinking at CB. We have too many good slot covers, and not enough boundary covers. Maybe they see a slot being good on the boundary with Coyle or, are seeing more that we do in Davis. This is my biggest question for 2015.

Not sure what the team is thinking at CB. We have too many good slot covers, and not enough boundary covers. Maybe they see a slot being good on the boundary with Coyle or, are seeing more that we do in Davis. This is my biggest question for 2015.

Does seem a litte odd. Maybe they see Brice M playing some boundry? Not that I am saying thats a good idea but they must have some plan we dont see just yet.

Does seem a litte odd. Maybe they see Brice M playing some boundry? Not that I am saying thats a good idea but they must have some plan we dont see just yet.

It is puzzling, especially after last year's problems at CB including Grimes.

Back
Top Bottom