Dolphins' culture proving to be valuable in 2020 talent acquisition | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins' culture proving to be valuable in 2020 talent acquisition

Let’s put it this way 5 wins Could have cost us big if Tua wasn’t hurt we wouldn’t have a shot at him - and then we would have had the Burrow VS Herbert debate and I don’t even want to go there

However, Tua is no longer the projected #1pick for a reason. Had Miami tanked and acquired the #1 pick, I doubt Tua would have been their choice. Thus, #5 won't cost us dearly as far as Tua is concerned. There's a reason he's projected by a number of people to fall to #3-4-5, even 6 - injuries.

Now, no one knows if he will heal completely and be the next Montana or not. He may be. But he was hurt and his stock dropped due to the unknown. JMHO, but sans injury, I think it would have been Tua #1 and Burrow #2 or 3.

Regardless, the topic is culture and it's apparent the 5 wins mean something to FAs.

However, Tua is no longer the projected #1pick for a reason. Had Miami tanked and acquired the #1 pick, I doubt Tua would have been their choice. Thus, #5 won't cost us dearly as far as Tua is concerned. There's a reason he's projected by a number of people to fall to #3-4-5, even 6 - injuries.

Now, no one knows if he will heal completely and be the next Montana or not. He may be. But he was hurt and his stock dropped due to the unknown. JMHO, but sans injury, I think it would have been Tua #1 and Burrow #2 or 3.

Regardless, the topic is culture and it's apparent the 5 wins mean somethings other way to FAs.
clearly money talks bull **** walks

Yes he is the pick always was

You old farts particularity wanting to each treat today’s player like this the Dona Shula Dolphins is wayyyyyyyy out of sync with what is happening in the world of sports - People - Gosh!!!

Owner - wants to make money and win
FO - wants to be more relevant wants championship(s)
Coach - what to win wants another contract
Player - wants money wants a contact - only guy who took less to win in my head is Tom Freakin Brady

Players Follow the money and then the coach

Last edited:
You old farts particularity wanting to each treat today’s player like this the Dona Shula Dolphins is wayyyyyyyy out of sync with what is happening in the world of sports - People - Gosh!!!

Player - wants money wants a contact - only guy who took less to win in my head is Tom Freakin Brady

I'll go with that. But for nearly equal money, HC can be the tie breaker. For even money, I'd rather play for Flores than Gase.

This is completely impossible and false!
I have it in good authority by resident experts on this very site that our wins last year were meaningless. Meaningless!!!
Those 5 meaningless wins have cost us the future. The entire future!
Wait, this just in...the virus has now been linked to Miami 's meaningless wins.
Are you under the impression that South Florida weather and no state tax isn't always going to be a draw? Did it help that we finished the season off pretty well? Sure, but if our consolation prize had been Herbert at best, you'd be singing a different tune a couple years from now, I pretty much guarantee it.

But, but you said the FO set us up to tank?

Actually... not all players are this selfish and greedy. Just this off-season, both Brees and Castonzo took less to remain with teams that they respected. Our own Devante Parker did the same with his two recent contracts with our 'Phins.

Signing selfish primadonna jerks like Minkah and Suh rarely lead to championships. This isn't old-guy Shula era knowledge, this is called character.

But, but you said the FO set us up to tank?
Damn straight -> the owner has the purse strings -> he knows the direction

See the order 1 through 4 or do i have to put the flow chart in for you??

The division is for the taking if you set yourselves up to win -> The FO has MONEY because the FO jettisoned the bad contracts refused to pay Thill, that piss poor RT that went to Denver, and are NOW set up to own the Division for 10-12 years if and only if they bring the right QB otherwise success will go back and forth within the division

Actually... not all players are this selfish and greedy. There is always an outlier Just this off-season, both Brees and Castonzo took less to remain with teams that they respected. Took Less? is there a difference between 5 million when you already have millions?? Do you know Brees salary for the forthcoming year??
Our own Devante Parker did the same with his two recent contracts with our 'Phins. Meh -> He owes us money

Signing selfish primadonna jerks like Minkah and Suh rarely lead to championships. AGREE This isn't old-guy Shula era knowledge, this is called character.
What?

Make a list of the players who don't follow the money just wins lol

You tying Shula-era-football athlete with the charity of taking less that is Ridiculous

Last edited:
No, the wins were meaningless if we wanted Burrow or Tua. We could have still kept at it, made close games, like 24-23.

Let’s put it this way 5 wins Could have cost us big if Tua wasn’t hurt we wouldn’t have a shot at him - and then we would have had the Burrow VS Herbert debate and I don’t even want to go there
This ^^^
Winning the games and playing hard was a good look. If we still get Tua at 5 after that, icing on the cake to get the best player in this draft.
Sometimes the little break you need is right in front of you. In this situation I hate that Tua was injured, but it could be that turning point for this franchise. Don't overthink this Miami, draft the franchise changing guy who has been put right in front of you

This is why it was important to win those games at the end - doing it w street guys for the most part suggested system > individuals. We talked about this - still think it was the right move. How are the Bengals doing in FA?

This is why it was important to win those games at the end - doing it w street guys for the most part suggested system > individuals. We talked about this - still think it was the right move. How are the Bengals doing in FA?
And not just FA, it matters to draft prospects too. No matter what Burrow says publicly, you know there’s some trepidation about playing in Cincy. He’s not dumb, he had a front row seat to the disfunction. There was talk about Tua not wanting to go there as well. Both get smiles on their face when they talk about Miami, though. It‘s nice to be on the other side of things. Up until now, we were lumped in with the Bengals, watching free agents use us for leverage against the team they really wanted to play for, or just flatly turning us down.

Back
Top Bottom