Dolphins Defense Young And Hungry | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Defense Young And Hungry

The defense has really surprised, so far. But, until they can hold teams under 300 yards a game, I'll be a bit skeptical. They have young players who are developing like Howard and McCain and others like Godchaux and Taylor who are on the cusp of forming a very solid DT combination. Then there is the young pups in Fitzpatrick, Baker and McMillan who are basically learning on the job. Once they gain more experience and exposure this young defense should take a HUGE step forward. Other players like Malveaux, Woodard, Chase Allen and Hopefully Maurice Smith form a good core of reserves and sub package players. This is the most exciting I've been about a Dolphin Defense since JT and Zach were 1st drafted.

Love this defense, glad to be wrong (hopefully) about Burke being a liability. Just like Gase he's young and still learning a lot, but overall I like the job he's doing this year just like Gase!

The defense has really surprised, so far. But, until they can hold teams under 300 yards a game, I'll be a bit skeptical. They have young players who are developing like Howard and McCain and others like Godchaux and Taylor who are on the cusp of forming a very solid DT combination. Then there is the young pups in Fitzpatrick, Baker and McMillan who are basically learning on the job. Once they gain more experience and exposure this young defense should take a HUGE step forward. Other players like Malveaux, Woodard, Chase Allen and Hopefully Maurice Smith form a good core of reserves and sub package players. This is the most exciting I've been about a Dolphin Defense since JT and Zach were 1st drafted.

In 2018 you don’t hold any team to under 300 yards anymore. The rules just don’t allow it.

The main thing is to keep the other team from scoring. This defense has live on turnovers and big plays all year. It's very hard to sustain that. What's holding this defense from being truly great is the lack of a pass rush. I was hoping that Quinn would help with that and he's been good so far but we don't have a consistent pass rush right now. Trub had all day back there on Sunday. A dynamic pass rushing DE will be high on the list this off season.

The main thing is to keep the other team from scoring. This defense has live on turnovers and big plays all year. It's very hard to sustain that. What's holding this defense from being truly great is the lack of a pass rush. I was hoping that Quinn would help with that and he's been good so far but we don't have a consistent pass rush right now. Trub had all day back there on Sunday. A dynamic pass rushing DE will be high on the list this off season.
I agree.

Really need to figure out how to put more heat on QBs.

Vincent Taylor could make a huge difference. How long has it been since we had a penetrating DT?

If you take away the QB ability to step up in the pocket it will make life much easier for Wake, Quinn and Harris getting there coming around the edge.

In 2018 you don’t hold any team to under 300 yards anymore. The rules just don’t allow it.
Baltimore is the only team doing it still. Lol they refuse to go the way of the league and continue to be old school on both sides of the ball

Too many broken coverages or blown assignments. Too many yards given but they have been getting a lot of turnovers after years of not getting many. Progress.

I agree.

Really need to figure out how to put more heat on QBs.

Vincent Taylor could make a huge difference. How long has it been since we had a penetrating DT?

If you take away the QB ability to step up in the pocket it will make life much easier for Wake, Quinn and Harris getting there coming around the edge.

Well, I agree that Taylor can be really effective pushing the interior of the pocket, but we had one of the best penetrating DTs in a generation in Suh just last year...so not too long.

Priority number one on my opinion. Looks like a pretty good draft for pass rushers. So, there's that.

Quinn is playing well. When I watch him, he’s often double and sometimes triple teamed.

the d is young and inexperienced but Burke is still a crap DC until proven otherwise...ie win a big game vs a big team

Well, I agree that Taylor can be really effective pushing the interior of the pocket, but we had one of the best penetrating DTs in a generation in Suh just last year...so not too long.
I didn't count Suh because I didn't see the interior disruption I heard about when he was in Detroit.

I was very disappointed with his ability to collapse the pocket and affect the QB.

I would bet the FO was as well. If he was Aaron Donald-ing it, he'd likely still be here.

Back
Top Bottom