"Dolphins Don't Care!!"....Shame on You | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Dolphins Don't Care!!"....Shame on You

Muck

Now completely imaginary
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
So says Zach Thomas to those who believe (or insinuate) that smiling coming off a loss means the team doesn't care.

READ ON

It seems Dan LeBatard had a pretty good comback to the Taylor/Thomas media bashing.

You don't like it? There are a lot of other places you can choose to make your millions. Don't work here if you don't want to be held to a higher standard. Go sign with the Cardinals.
Ouch!

Read the rest here: Miami Herald Article

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Unconquered
It seems Dan LeBatard had a pretty good comback to the Taylor/Thomas media bashing.

Ouch!
Read the rest here: Miami Herald Article

I think Dan is speaking for alot of us Fin fans in his articles.

I KNOW THIS IS THE WAY I FEEL TOO.

GOOO DAN

:cooldude:

The Players are right about the media in Miami!!

The Miami Herald's sports writters are morons. I read an article that they wrote earlier in the year predicting us to lose. Although they may have good reason to think that we might lose a particular game it is stupid to print in the local paper. No Dolphins fan wants to read that we should lose. A sports fan wants to read positive minded articles about their team. We need a sports writter that is a Dolphins fan and is supportive of our team. Who do they think their readers are? What a stupid paper that doesn't know their audience.

Who does the Herald think that we are gonna stand behind The Herald or the Dolphins? Screw the Herald!

Go Dolphins!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting quote.....

These players spend an awful lot of time complaining about their coaches when they lose. So when it isn't the media's fault, it's the coaching staff's fault. At what point does it become, you know, the fault of the guys who actually touch the football during the game? Or drop it, as the case may be?

This team could use a few more guys like Randy McMichael and Wade Smith, who stood in the locker rooms and blamed themselves after crushing losses against the Patriots and Colts, respectively. It was not Norv Turner's fault that McMichael brain-locked and missed a blitzing safety on the play that sent the Dolphins' season swirling down the toilet,

Finsrule I know where your comming from. The Herald Sports reporters are not the best in the business.

Do they think their audience might use some common sense and blindly follow their team? No their are using their opinions just like us fans do.

Hell, wasn't it Zack and Taylor who said the media around MIA was predicting the Finz to win the SB this year, before the beggining of the season?

So Lebaturd (I spelled it right) has no right to state his opinion on our underachieving millionaires?

Well it might bother, you if I state mine, and so I apologize. "I believe after the last FOUR years under DW, this sportswriter got it right for once."

D. Lebaturd'S Quote:
You don't like it? There are a lot of other places you can choose to make your millions. Don't work here if you don't want to be held to a higher standard. Go sign with the Cardinals.

GOOO FIIINZ

Re: The Players are right about the media in Miami!!

Originally posted by finsrule
The Miami Herald's sports writters are morons. I read an article that they wrote earlier in the year predicting us to lose. Although they may have good reason to think that we might lose a particular game it is stupid to print in the local paper. No Dolphins fan wants to read that we should lose. A sports fan wants to read positive minded articles about their team. We need a sports writter that is a Dolphins fan and is supportive of our team. Who do they think their readers are? What a stupid paper that doesn't know their audience.

Doesn't work that way. If it's a prediction column, what do you expect?? You expect the writer to lie??

The fact is that we're not going to win every game. So what's wrong with someone predicting a loss?? And there are some beat writers who are locals. Dan Le Batard (who wrote this column) graduated from UM. Alex Marvez is another local that comes to mind.

I don't know. I live on the wrong coast so I don't here a lot or read a lot of Miami media. Hwoever, I like Dan Lebatard from what I have read and seen on tv (namely ESPN). I imagine he won't be getting to many interviews out of the players from his latest tirdae but at least he seems to stand up for himself even if it means sacrificing great stories down the line.

Thomas and and Taylor complain about th efans so much it is getting tiresome. If I have to here about how all the fans abandon them every year and how they keep fighting for the "few" real fans. It almost makes me want to drop them off on another loser team just to see if it would change their attitude. Players love the media outlets when it is in their favor, hate it when its not. How would they like to, in fact, sign with the Cardinals where the local paper talks about the Diamondbacks, Coyotes, Cowboys and basically anything but the local pro football team? Something tells me the lack of coverage would eat at them to no end.

The fact is, these guys know they screwed up big. They know they should be in the playoffs fighting to go to the Super Bowl. The fact that they aren't and are pointing at others for their excuses, maybe showing us why we aren't making said playoffs. These guys won't be held accountable for their actions. They don't own up which leads me to believe that on the field they have the mentality that someone else will pick up the slack for them.

For Jason Taylor to get fired up over what a retired defender says frightens me. He has played decent to good ball all year, but only showed his greatness after someone called him out in the media. Perhaps deep down he needs that negative hype to push him forward. Perhaps he isn't the best self motivator in the world (hell I am not either) and needs someone to kick him in the butt every now and then.

This segways nicely into a new coach. Someone who will stick their shoe up their guts and twist it sidewyas if they don't perform. Someone who will not accept defeat or laziness. Someone else, anyone else.

Originally posted by Disnardo
Finsrule I know where your comming from. The Herald Sports reporters are not the best in the business.

Do they think their audience might use some common sense and blindly follow their team? No their are using their opinions just like us fans do.

Hell, wasn't it Zack and Taylor who said the media around MIA was predicting the Finz to win the SB this year, before the beggining of the season?

So Lebaturd (I spelled it right) has no right to state his opinion on our underachieving millionaires?

Well it might bother, you if I state mine, and so I apologize. "I believe after the last FOUR years under DW, this sportswriter got it right for once."

D. Lebaturd'S Quote:

GOOO FIIINZ

To start I am not bothered by your opinion. I don't pay you for it? Lebaturd has every right to state his opinion but his job is to provide an article that readers (Dolphins fans) will enjoy reading. If we don't find enough value in the Herald or consistantly dissagree with their opinions we will not buy it. It is my opinion that the Herald does not know their audience when it comes to loyal fans. Fair weather fans may enjoy the Dolphin bashing but I don't. Don't misunderstand my position, I don't think that the Dolphins should go without criticism when a problem is evident. I just don't subscribe to The Heralds point of view.

The Dolphins didn't play like they card against the Eagles. They looked like a team of positive mind, that things will work out for the best if you just believe and play hard. Um, no, desire, heart and determination wins those games. Pats have it, we don't. Dave is too positive and not enough of a button pusher. Why didn't Taylor get his 3 sacks against the Eagles? T Buck dropped a sure TD interception.

So many areas to find fault. I think most revolves around attitude, and it isn't positive :)

Re: Re: The Players are right about the media in Miami!!

Originally posted by Muck

Doesn't work that way. If it's a prediction column, what do you expect?? You expect the writer to lie??

The fact is that we're not going to win every game. So what's wrong with someone predicting a loss?? And there are some beat writers who are locals. Dan Le Batard (who wrote this column) graduated from UM. Alex Marvez is another local that comes to mind.

I find nothing wrong with predicting a Dolphins loss when predicting the outcome of all games across the NFL. Absolutely not. But when it is an article about the Dolphins alone I prefer a more optimistic point of view or no article at all. Just my opinion.

Lebaturd is the one pushing buttons, I think he's been trying to work his way more and more on TV. His opinions are rarely (if ever) positive regarding the phins.
I think it's gotten personal on a few levels. As far as the players not caring are concerned, I think they all have a defeatist attitude fed by the Coach's body language during the game.
There just isn't any fire. Parcell's coached teams, if a player screws up he's running down to the opposite end of the bench to avoid the wrath. When I watch Wanny on gameday, it's as if he's hoping not to lose vs. trying to win. The players simply don't have a leader to emulate in big games or when the screw up or in crisis situations.
Fear is an extremely effective tool.

Back
Top Bottom