"Dolphins Don't Care!!"....Shame on You | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Dolphins Don't Care!!"....Shame on You

i think the point to all this is being looked over. there needs to be a balance in team sports. no, the coaches do not "touch" the ball so that lies with the players. players do not set the scheme, condition or motivation for themselves. that lies with the coaches.

the problem is the team as a whole under-achieves chronically. unfortunately for wanny the coach is usually the first to be looked at because they put the team together and set the tone. so, regardless of what anyone thinks of wanny as a person, he does need to be looked at as a coach.

JT and Zach need to be held acountable for their play as a team and as individuals. they also have the right to criticize the media and fans. in this case, all parties have valid points. local fans grow tired of always missing the target and get frustrated. the media express' that sentiment. and the players get tired of being called out. everyone is frustrated. something has to change.

unfortunately, dave, that change has to start with you. at this point it is a matter of a need for this team and organization to go in a new direction and, hopefully, breathe some new life into it.

then player evaluation should follow. some of those unhappy "millionaires" MAY need to "sign with the cardinals".

Originally posted by lotion
Lebaturd is the one pushing buttons, I think he's been trying to work his way more and more on TV. His opinions are rarely (if ever) positive regarding the phins.
I think it's gotten personal on a few levels. As far as the players not caring are concerned, I think they all have a defeatist attitude fed by the Coach's body language during the game.
There just isn't any fire. Parcell's coached teams, if a player screws up he's running down to the opposite end of the bench to avoid the wrath. When I watch Wanny on gameday, it's as if he's hoping not to lose vs. trying to win. The players simply don't have a leader to emulate in big games or when the screw up or in crisis situations.
Fear is an extremely effective tool.

lotion,

I agree with you 100% with regards to Le Batard and your remarks about Parcell's style. I don't think that Zach or Jason are the guys that need the motivating though. They play consistantly well. The O-line could use some presssure from a guy like Parcell.

DOLPHAN1,

With a win against the Jets we'll be 10-6. I'm not sure that it's time to make a move to replace him yet. If we are to replace Wanny we better make sure that the new guy has the ability to make us better because Wanny isn't a bad coach he's just not the stuff legands are made of. Wanny's best days may still be ahead of him. He's still gaining experience as a head coach. Replacing the head coach is a gamble, if we do it we must make sure the odds favor us.

i agree that now is not the time for change and was not trying to imply that. his best days may indeed be ahead of him but this team needs change or it may implode. i think basically wanny IS a agood coach. he just lacks that motivational ability that great coaches have.

unfortunately, i think this team is 9-6, possibly 10-6 inspite of wanny and his crew.

Dan Lebatard has gotten in with ESPN now, he is trying to make his stuff more national, so dont expect him to be so homeristic....

Im a sentinel guy myself, i never could stand the herald....

Originally posted by DOLPHAN1
"He's still gaining experience as a head coach."

how long does it take to learn how to be a head coach?

I couldn't tell ya how long it takes to learn how to be a head coach. Legendary coaches don't start that way from day one. I'd say he isn't too bad for only 4 years with the Dolphins. As with all professions wisdom can be gained by experience. The question is will he learn from his experience and make corrections. I'm not saying that I definitely think that it will work for him as a head coach. I'm just saying lets not be impatient. If there were a proven winner in the NFL available like Parcell then I'd say dump Wanny. I don't think we should be so quick to grab a college head coach with no NFL experience or a assistant head coach because we would be starting from scratch and might not even be as successful as we are today.

Last edited by a moderator:
"I couldn't tell ya how long it takes to learn how to be a head coach. Legendary coaches don't start that way from day one. I'd say he isn't too bad for only 4 years with the Dolphins. As with all professions wisdom can be gained by experience. The question is will he learn from his experience and make corrections. I'm not saying that I definitely think that it will work for him as a head coach. I'm just saying lets not be impatient. If there were a proven winner in the NFL available like Parcell then I'd say dump Wanny. I don't think we should be so quick to grab a college head coach with no NFL experience or a assistant head coach because we would be starting from scratch and might not even be as successful as we are today."

ok. so four years with the phins. how about that six (correct me if i'm wrong) years with chicogo. if it were only four with us i would agree with you. but he is following the same pattern as when he was the head coach at chigago. he was HC of the year his first year ( i believe ) taking the bears to the playoffs. the team only got worse as he lost control of that team as well.

he was given the benefiet of the doubt here because he was ONLY the coach. he had no personnel control and that was blamed on the owner.

so now he is performing to the same level with the same result.

besides that, this team flat out needs a change. i think we can all agree that the 7 year experiment to re creat the cowboys of the '90's just isn't working.

i'd rather take that chance with a new HC. someone who isn't afraid to lose now and then and expects his team to go to the SB.

DOLPHAN1,

I wasn't aware that Wanny had been a head coach for Chicago for 6 years. Ok maybee it is time for a change. So much for my theory! I hope that Wayne does his homework in selecting a new head coach. Nice avitar by the way!

thanks. it kinda relflects ....well,...me, right now. always thinking and never seeming to get anywhere....lol

wanny was promoted from the cowboys i think in '94. he was even voted coach of the year. if this was his first go round i would agree with you. this team has WAY more talent than what the bears FO was giving him. this team should be much better than it is.

Back
Top Bottom