Dolphins emphasizing YAC amongst skill players - Per Rotoworld | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins emphasizing YAC amongst skill players - Per Rotoworld

insomnia411

The world is yours
Reaction score
The Dolphins' new coaching staff is emphasizing run-after-the-catch among skill-position players.

Anthony Fasano is a strong blocker with reliable hands, but he doesn't offer the RAC ability of H-back Charles Clay or rookie Michael Egnew. Entering the final year of his contract, Fasano could be allowed to walk in 2013. The Palm Beach Post suggests power-running teams such as Tony Sparano's Jets and Brian Daboll's Chiefs could show interest in Fasano next year.

Ah, so I guess dumping one of the best YAC receivers in the league and relying on one of the worst to be our #1 was a good idea...........................................................................................................

Wait, what?

Ah, so I guess dumping one of the best YAC receivers in the league and relying on one of the worst to be our #1 was a good idea...........................................................................................................

Wait, what?
I think you're misreading it. I don't think anyone is "relying" on Fasano to be a big YAC receiver - just saying he has to step up to fit in at all.

Time will tell if we "got out" at the right time with Marshall before he collapses or if we gave up too early and got too little.

Wait, what?

Well considering Hartline was the leader in the Yards per reception, and has a better career average then Marshall, I think they just decided to give a Hartline a chance, and get rid of the great but problematic Receiver issues.

Jesus christ. there are so many bowls of cheerios full of piss around here it's starting to stink up the place.

Wait, what?
Brandon Marshall being good at YAC... another myth

Wait, what?

LOLwut?

Marshall was horrid here at YAC.

Wait, what?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/p...ivingYardsAfterCatch/qualified/false/count/41

Wait, what???? 47th in YAC with a pathetic 319....Hell, Reggie Bush beat him by two spots and two yards!!! So yeah, this was a fail thread.

emphasizing rac with returning skill position players that have never offered it...:lol:

outside of reggie bush what returning player from 2011 brings it to the table??? hartline is gonna imo barring us running heavy wr sets at the opposition struggle against higher level corners that he's gonna face now...if he's the go to guy i think we're in big trouble when someone decides to take him out of the game by putting a true #1 cb on him every play...he doesn't get the same nickle and 4th corner luxury matchups he got in the past...davon bess gets stampeded after the catch...clyde gates has rac ability but has shown no real production to date...

we better hope this o is so damn great the d is confused or doesn't account for guys or these rookie wrs better be legit...

rac with anthony fasano is well NUTS

The new coaching staff has stated several times that all receivers will play various roles depending on the play and matchups. They're not looking for #1, #2, or #4. They're looking Wr's that can be used in many ways. So Hartline won't always be lined up with the other teams best CB.

So much of YAC has to do with the QB being accurate with the football and not just comp % but the ability to lead a WR in stride. Honestly, I don't think Moore has that type of accuracy. Garrard better, but not great. I could see Tannehill being a bit more successful with his ability to throw on the run.

it's gonna be a rude awakening when hartline is matched up against #1 cb's and is completely shut down for some of you. I keep hearing this offense doesn't have a true #1, that's fine and all but we don't even have anyone close to Greg Jennings on our team..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P0yfq2wDvU

Don't have Greg Jennings...hell, an aging Driver would be better than anything we have...

it's gonna be a rude awakening when hartline is matched up against #1 cb's and is completely shut down for some of you. I keep hearing this offense doesn't have a true #1, that's fine and all but we don't even have anyone close to Greg Jennings on our team..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P0yfq2wDvU

I really wish people would realize this. I don't care what scheme youre running, a #1 corner will probably be shutting Hartline down.

Back
Top Bottom