Dolphins' ESPN Review out Tuesday | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins' ESPN Review out Tuesday

Absolutely wide receivers and quarterback, both superior to what we had going last year and probably still superior to what we have going this year. Keyshawn Johnson is so much better than Oronde Gadsden its crazy, and he's better than Chris Chambers was last year too. Hopefully Chris will improve but he showed that he certainly needs to improve to be considered in the same class as Keyshawn. Keenan McCardell and Joe Jurevicious I would put above Oronde Gadsden and James McKnight. And I think Michael Pittman is a better pass catcher than Ricky Williams too. Basically their entire passing personnel except for OL and TE were better than ours but our running game was so vastly superior to theirs that it balances out. They had the defense, we didn't.

Keyshawn is not better than Chambers or Thompson (IMO) i think he is all talk. He never has REALLY proven himself. He makes about as many good plays as O.G. does so i dont see the difference. Joe J. yea he was great.. that one i give you. But the only difference in Johnson and Fiedler is the mistakes. Jay makes a few more (which he has improved on the last two years i might add) but arm strength there really isnt a difference. Neither one has a lot of it. Our D though is now tougher than Tampa's was last year.. but hey.. its just my opinion.

Whew.......whose passing out the crack cocaine today?

Johnson is a 4 time 1000 yard WR. A 6 time 70+ catch WR.

Christ this team hasn't had a 1000 yard WR since Tony Martin's fading career.

Keyshawn's worse year was better then O.G's BEST year. In fact his worse year is still better then any WR on our rosters best year.

Chambers should bitch about getting the ball (like Keyshawn) ;)..

Anyway, they have the passing game (not great) and we have the running game ;).

I think if we played Tampa we'd do fairly well..

You can run on Tampa, and if they would wanna test our CB's they may be in for a suprise since their WR core aint too fast..

IMO ;D

I think Chambers will be as good as Keyshawn this year; Chambers doesn't catch as many and won't, but he will make bigger plays and deeper ones.

I also would take Thompson over Joe J;

But, McCardell is better than McKnight.

However, we have a better RB and are better at TE - so I think that evens things out.

The difference will be Fiedler. I think he can be as good as Johnson, and he has shown it at times. Johnson too, before last year, would be good and then very bad. He was an inconsistent QB. So, I think Fiedler can be good enough, given another year under Turner and given everyone is healthy.

Really, it's a question of "will" and "confidence" at the end of the year. TB got hot, things came together, the right players made huge plays at the right time, and it all clicked. In some ways it was good fortune. Hopefully it will happen for us. On "paper" (as little as that means), we are equal talent wise, imo.

Johnson isn't the player he claims to be but he is still a solid player who puts up 1000 yards nearly every season. He is one of the best receivers in the league. However, he is one of the most overpaid players in the league as well.

What about FB? Alstott really is a HB posing as a FB, and not one as good as Ricky, but he is in the pro bowl every year. And there is defintly no way you can make the pro bowl on rep every year.

Back
Top Bottom