Dolphins Expect Gadsden To Sign Today... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Expect Gadsden To Sign Today...

DIRTYCASHHOLDIN

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Hello To Everyone.... And thanks to all of you guys....who posted up the eye-witness camp reports today.... I should be able to attend practice this morning....

Well... its all over. The white flag is now up. Oronde went up to JAX....and was told that the JAGS have come to an agreement with JJ STOKES instead. The DOlphins had told MIKE TODD----that they need an answer by this WEDNESDAY....and from all indications....it looks like ORONDE is going to come down to camp today to re-sign with the team. All I know...is that WANNY and GADSDEN spoke again yesterday....and that was after the notion that Gadsden found out that JAX had went with STOKES.

Other notes.... T WADE SMITH will be signed next....thats almost done.. the DOlphins will allow G JAMIE NAILS to participate during these 3 day sessions....on a very limited basis....but he is not quite 100% yet.....should be ready when the pads come on.
Also... the Dolphins have been very pleased with the way that S ARTURO FREEMAN has been performing in camp.....ever since the arrival of SAMMY KNIGHT. If the season had started today....it would still be FREEMAN starting. He looks like he is taking his job...very personally...and this is exactly what the Dolphins wanted to see.

The most active pass-catcher since camp has begun---has been a pleasant surprise to JAY FIEDLER. Its veteran TE MARCO BATAGGLIA.....who has not had a bad practice yet.

In case you are wondering.....JAMES MCKNIGHT will not be traded...nor will he ne cut.....they need his speed....and he won't be the one sacrificed for a "younger WR"...on the roster.

The one DOlphins player....whose kind of becoming lost in the shuffle.....is RB TRAVIS MINOR. The play so far exhibited by CHARLIE ROGERS...is the main reason. He may not see the field much without an injury happening.... but he should make the final cuts. Where most observers I have talked to.....say that RB ROBERT EDWARDS will have to have a monster camp and pre-season....to make the team...as the DOlphins may want to develop younger RB....Leonard Henry.

The Dolphins expect to put young S YERIMIAH BELL on the PUP LIST.....sometime in the near future.....

I know people have asked---but Punter MARK ROYALS will remain being the teams punter this season. ANd the holder as well for OLINDO....who in no way...shape or form...is ready for another scenario in which he gets another holder. These two guys spent a lot of time on the golf course together this past off-season....while also going to a local high school to get their kicking and holding down even better...for the upcoming season.

Should have more later...
when I attend camp..
DCH

well, it would be one thing if Royals was unopposed, but why would they waste Kevin Stemke's time if he didnt have a real shot in the first place?

Well, I think Stemke comes in just to make sure Royals continues to practice. What I mean is that they don't want anyone to really fele entirely secure, especially Royals, who basically put the knife to our throat last year and pulled it across the jugular in the last game. This way he knows that at least there is a chance that they could go with someone else.

Thanks for the report. Is good to see that the rookies are coming to terms already.

Ozzy rules!!

Great news about Freeman. Hes a very fast safety that needed a year of experoence to learn the nuances of different cover schemes. I suspect he could be a big contributor to the defense this year, especially on passing dows.

yes i hope for smith and all the other rookies that they sign 4 yr deals

Originally posted by Predaphin34
Thanks DCH...Im glad Gadsden will be back.

In today's Herald there are quotes from Wannstedt saying that there HAS NOT been an ultimatum issued and that it is NOT essential that he be signed before training camp.

I'm kinda bummed out about Minor, I always felt that he deserved to be the 3rd round back last year and has not been given a fair shot.. Minor has great talent IMHO...

Minor is a pretty good back, I don't think he should be "lost in the shuffle." He is a good for a change of pace when Ricky needs a few plays off.

Originally posted by DIRTYCASHHOLDIN
the DOlphins will allow G JAMIE NAILS to participate during these 3 day sessions....on a very limited basis....but he is not quite 100% yet.....should be ready when the pads come on.
DCH

Clump was wrong again as usual ;)

Stemke is an extra leg for training camp. You cant have Royals kicking all the balls every day. Plus, we can get a good look at him and other teams will too, in preseason.

It all works out. See Chris "mmmBop" Hanson. He is a pro bowler with the jags now, eventhough he went to camp with the Fins behind Matt Turk.

The Minor/Rogers stuff makes sense. But not to worry, Dolfans. As DCH said, Travis will make the final cut. You can't have a little guy like Rogers running between the tackles....at all. And Travis is also a pretty darn good KR. So here's to depth.

Back
Top Bottom