Dolphins expect to carry over roughly $2.2 million in cap space into 2022 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins expect to carry over roughly $2.2 million in cap space into 2022

I think a lot of people jump on him on how he moved up to get Waddle and that the Ol is a mess. But now I think we see what players knew all along.. it was bad offensive coaching. If our line was so bad
how is Duke Johnson running through gaping holes against the Pats and Titans who have solid defensive fronts? If we had a solid running back from the beginning and better coaching the OL would have been better
this year and the picks would look so bad.

Grier got Fuller probably because Flores wanted him to help lure DeShaun Watson. Flores was not a good HC but he helped in some ways, however, we are better off if we can get a solid coach who believes in his players. Leave Grier he is not as bad of people are thinking.

Waddle and San Fran 2023 for Chase is a trade he’ll have to justify but honestly his logic with the move was solid and who knows what that 2023 San Fran pick will be.

While I understand what you are saying, and agree you need two good corners, I disagree that his contract is an albatross at this point.

It was an overpay to an extent when it was signed, but as salaries rise (and there is no doubt they have, and will continue to do so), his contract is not ridiculous at this time.

I think his actual value to the Dolphins is dependant on the scheme we use with a new staff.

My preference is to keep Boyer and crew, but it really depends on what scheme the next HC is comfortable with.

Not too many guys run as much "man", or blitz heavy defense as Flo.

I'm not really sure about Boyer.

I want to know why he can't scheme more flexibly and can only have success with one very specific defense.

Eventually offenses catch on, usually in 2-4 seasons and I'm worried what happens when that comes to fruition.

I'm not really sure about Boyer.

I want to know why he can't scheme more flexibly and can only have success with one very specific defense.

Eventually offenses catch on, usually in 2-4 seasons and I'm worried what happens when that comes to fruition.
I'm not sure either.

I would suggest that the scheme/philosophy we have been using requires a specific makeup of players/skill sets, that do not necessarily translate well to all schemes.

In that respect, it is almost impossible to say how he might do with another scheme, and different assembly of talent.

Back
Top Bottom