Dolphins fans are funny | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins fans are funny

kingfin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
If we never gave our 2nd pick for Feeley.You will all be pissed off if we gave Surtain up for a second.Face it we made a mistake on giving the eagles that pick.I want to start a real fan threads only.Surtain if the 3rd best corner in this leage.If we give up Surtain for a stupid second pick we are the dummiest team in the world.They can make Cap room for Surtain.Ill tell you how.Dump Zack Thomas next year.Zack is a good player,but Surtain is the 3rd best in this leage.Any team that gave me a 2nd for Surtain.Ill say shove it up your a**.

everyone wants surtain. No one wants to give him away. We are just in a bad situation with the cap.

kingfin said:
If we never gave our 2nd pick for Feeley.You will all be pissed off if we gave Surtain up for a second.Face it we made a mistake on giving the eagles that pick.I want to start a real fan threads only.Surtain if the 3rd best corner in this leage.If we give up Surtain for a stupid second pick we are the dummiest team in the world.They can make Cap room for Surtain.Ill tell you how.Dump Zack Thomas next year.Zack is a good player,but Surtain is the 3rd best in this leage.Any team that gave me a 2nd for Surtain.Ill say shove it up your a**.

Surtain is worth a late 1st-mid second round pick. I would much perfer to have ZT then Pat, since ZT is one of our leaders on defense. We can do without Pat.

kingfin said:

new staff, new regime. you can't hold it against saban for the trades that transpired last year. a 2nd for surtain is the most likely scenario, judging by strength of FA, and draft potential.

Zach Thomas' contract next year? do you know what it looks like? i don't.

Surtain has a degenerative knee condition.. He might not be productive for long.. Think about that.

kingfin said:

I've always kind of agreed with this thinking. When we first caught wind of Surtain wanting to be traded everybody had 1st rounder aspirations. As time went on most poeple were willing to settle for a 2nd and now I think there are poeple who would actually be happy with a 3rd or 4th this year and a pick next year. That's ridiculous, we need to stop acting like we HAVE to trade Surtain just because he wants to be traded. The Dolphins FO doesn't owe Pat Surtain squat and can do nothing for him if they want. We shouldn't trade him for an even deal we should only trade him in a deal that we get the better of. Shutdown corners are hard to come by in this League and with very average guys like Freddie Smoot, Ken Lucas and Baxter (former Raven) getting big bucks in free agency that should solidify our arguement. Not one of those guys could start at corner for Miami and would have to compete for playing time at nickel back.

My biggest point is the Dolphins are not in the Business of making Surtain happy. They're in the business of getting the best they can for him. and building a winning franchise.

F150&Dolfan said:
I've always kind of agreed with this thinking. When we first caught wind of Surtain wanting to be traded everybody had 1st rounder aspirations. As time went on most poeple were willing to settle for a 2nd and now I think there are poeple who would actually be happy with a 3rd or 4th this year and a pick next year. That's ridiculous, we need to stop acting like we HAVE to trade Surtain just because he wants to be traded. The Dolphins FO doesn't owe Pat Surtain squat and can do nothing for him if they want. We shouldn't trade him for an even deal we should only trade him in a deal that we get the better of. Shutdown corners are hard to come by in this League and with very average guys like Freddie Smoot, Ken Lucas and Baxter (former Raven) getting big bucks in free agency that should solidify our arguement. Not one of those guys could start at corner for Miami and would have to compete for playing time at nickel back.

My biggest point is the Dolphins are not in the Business of making Surtain happy. They're in the business of getting the best they can for him. and building a winning franchise.
Very good point, agree with you.

kingfin said:

How can you say a second for AJ was a bust? Brian Griese was a bust too, right? Give him a chance...how many QB's are pro bowlers in there first year? I give him credit for hanging in there with arguably one of the worst o-lines in NFL history. You can't just throw a brand new line out there and expect to win in the NFL.

everyone wants surtain. No one wants to give him away. We are just in a bad situation with the cap.

How bad is it really? Could we not cut David Bowens, Sammy Morris, Derrius Thompson, Zgonina, Greg Jerman and Leyva for a total of 3.5 MM. Then restructure Mare's contract and get another Million. that's almost equals the 5.5 million you save by trading Pat anyway and added to the 650k we're over and that's 5.5 MM to sign the rookies. There's more wiggle room with other players.

I'm just sayin' we should really make sure that there is NO WAY to free up money before we let go of our best player.

kingfin said:

releasing zach thomas is the stupidest thing i ever heard. Your a real fan but u wanna release the heart and soul of our team that gives his all every game and is a top 3 MLB?

miamirw said:
How bad is it really? Could we not cut David Bowens, Sammy Morris, Derrius Thompson, Zgonina, Greg Jerman and Leyva for a total of 3.5 MM. Then restructure Mare's contract and get another Million. that's almost equals the 5.5 million you save by trading Pat anyway and added to the 650k we're over and that's 5.5 MM to sign the rookies. There's more wiggle room with other players.

I'm just sayin' we should really make sure that there is NO WAY to free up money before we let go of our best player.

the 650K isnt for signing rookies, there is a seperate like money put aside to sign rookies

the 650K isnt for signing rookies, there is a seperate like money put aside to sign rookies

Fair enough. How much is the rookie pool? I mean how much are we really talking about here?

If we can sign the rookies and still carry Surtain, shouldn't we do that? We're adopting a brand new defense. We need our best defensive player.

Back
Top Bottom