Dolphins fans are SO FICKLE! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins fans are SO FICKLE!

Phinfan31

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Our fans are so fickle its unbelievable...i feel sorry for the players and staff. You guys realize how much you all change your minds??This season everyone was for griese starting saying jay SUCKED then once jay comes back the entire crowd applauds and is really happy Jay is here to lead the team, everyone then is saying such great things about Jay and how he was "definately the man to lead our dolphins to a victory after the redskins and cowboys games...then at the end of the season everyone says he is terrible again and he sucks....then the last game of the season he throws for like 300 yds which never happens and hes good again, and NOW its "if he is our starting QB then i will throw in the towel"....this is just ridiculous and i feel terrible for Jay..I can very well see Jay being our starter next yr and Rivers behind him so get ready for it guys and understand that Jay contributed alot in our wins when he was with us, (redskins, dallas, jets, etc) If jay played instead of Griese we would have definately won against the colts!! Griese ****ed us in the very end and first of all fiedler wouldnt have done that but i cant see the game being that close anyway if he was there...im not going to keep going through every game that griese played and talk about how I think if jay was there we would have done alot better job...just realize this...Jay won 8 out of his 11 games...thats all you pay attention to when you think of whether we want Jay or not...dont think of playoffs, or anything else...8-3 and if he played the 2 games griese won then thats another 2 wins...so 10-3 if we won against the colts (which im sure we would have) thats 11-3 and i can easily see us getting 1 more win. thats a damn good record we would have had...

Im a jay supporter, but just expect jay to be gone. He had four years to prove he was worth the new contract. His contract can be cut up. He will not put up with the contorversy any more than his former teamate in Brunell.
I do think jay would welcome competition though. but with the PR BS being played out in the front office, i dont think they want to piss off the customers anymore than they already have. that would be my opine.

Originally posted by Phinfan31
Our fans are so fickle its unbelievable...i feel sorry for the players and staff. You guys realize how much you all change your minds??This season everyone was for griese starting saying jay SUCKED then once jay comes back the entire crowd applauds and is really happy Jay is here to lead the team, everyone then is saying such great things about Jay and how he was "definately the man to lead our dolphins to a victory after the redskins and cowboys games...then at the end of the season everyone says he is terrible again and he sucks....then the last game of the season he throws for like 300 yds which never happens and hes good again, and NOW its "if he is our starting QB then i will throw in the towel"....this is just ridiculous and i feel terrible for Jay..I can very well see Jay being our starter next yr and Rivers behind him so get ready for it guys and understand that Jay contributed alot in our wins when he was with us, (redskins, dallas, jets, etc) If jay played instead of Griese we would have definately won against the colts!! Griese ****ed us in the very end and first of all fiedler wouldnt have done that but i cant see the game being that close anyway if he was there...im not going to keep going through every game that griese played and talk about how I think if jay was there we would have done alot better job...just realize this...Jay won 8 out of his 11 games...thats all you pay attention to when you think of whether we want Jay or not...dont think of playoffs, or anything else...8-3 and if he played the 2 games griese won then thats another 2 wins...so 10-3 if we won against the colts (which im sure we would have) thats 11-3 and i can easily see us getting 1 more win. thats a damn good record we would have had...

Please don't include everyone as "our fans". granted, alot may be fickle but most really aren't. But backing up a bit, yes, some were wanting Girese to start. Alot wanted him to have the chance to solely to see what he had to offer since we knew what jay does/did. But not because he was clearly better. If he hadn't have the chance, what decisions would we be facing at QB right now? More than likely that Fiedler gets cut, Griese will be the starter, even w/o knowing how he's do, etc. Then we may not even be looking at qB at all in the draft. That would be scary now knowing what we know about Griese. but the ones you describe as being fickle are the ones flip flopping back and forth, wanting this or that without any merit at all or any knid of reasoning about it. Even so, bear in mind that IF Fiedler starts next yr, doesn't necessarily mean our chances are really that much or any better. Even if Fiedler did play every gm LY, yes, chances are we may have won a couple more and made the playoffs but that's where it stops. True, all Fiedler does is "win"..............except for any big games. this is the hump I've been complaining about that we need to get over. IMO, Fiedler is not the guy to do it. He's simply a stop gap fill in guy and nothing else has really been done to address the issue since he's been here. Chalk another up for the mighty dave bumstedt!!

You talk about wins. Yes he wins. But he simply is not a very accurate QB. And he doesn't make that many plays. Imagine how many MORE wins we could have with a superior QB.

You need to remember how average/below average Jay played the first six games of the season before he was injured. Yes we went 4-2. But we had to run Ricky Williams into the ground to do so. The games were far too close. And the opponents generally weren't overly good. Griese faced stiffer competition (Indy, Tennessee, Baltimore).

You mention Fiedler not fumbling vs Indy. Well I submit to you this: Fiedler could not have gotten the Phins into that position to win. Griese made some throws that day that I have rarely, if ever, seen Fiedler make. He was pretty darn accurate.

Everyone agreed after Washington that Jay was the guy to lead the team.......thru the 2003 season. After that, everyone went into upgrade mode, and rightfully so. Now we all realize that might not be possible right away. But it doesn't change the fact that it needs to be done.

Finally, people have the right to change their minds. It's not necessarily a bad thing. Sure, you'd like to see people be consistent (and logical) most of the time. But it's not the end of the world. :)

What are you guys talking about?? :tongue:

Damn, I didn't realize I was going back to the reply screen and not the edit screen. Could you tell?? :smackhead

Originally posted by Muck
You talk about wins. Yes he wins. But he simply is not a very accurate QB. And he doesn't make that many plays. Imagine how many MORE wins we could have with a superior QB.

You need to remember who average/below average Jay played the first six games of the season before he was injured. Yes we went 4-2. But we had to run Ricky Williams into the ground to do so. The games were far too close. And the opponents generally weren't overly good. Griese faced stiffer competition (Indy, Tennessee, Baltimore).

Not accurate? He wasn't towards the end of the season because he had a knee injury, he wasn't able to step into passes. I guess thats just an excuse... Seems to me, Steve Mcnair didn't complete 50% of his passes against Baltimore because of his knee. But lets ignore that. "You can't handle the truth!"

You mention Fiedler not fumbling vs Indy. Well I submit to you this: Fiedler could not have gotten the Phins into that position to win. Griese made some throws that day that I have rarely, if ever, seen Fiedler make. He was pretty darn accurate.

Thats grade A pure Bull****. Fiedler might not have made all the throws Griese did, but Jay can get the job done in other ways. What was that game when Fiedler almost had a perfect QB rating?

More lies and bull****. You either don't like Fiedler because he's not a star, or you can look at the truth. Fiedler isn't a star player, but he's not garbage like everyone makes him out to be.

You're all willing to make excuses for Ricky when he's stuffed behind the line of scrimmage, and piss on Fiedler because he makes a poor throw because he's about to be decapitated. Maybe thats why he's injury prone? No, thats more BS I guess. He hurt his knee tripping over his dog :lol:

:up:

Our fans are so fickle its unbelievable...i feel sorry for the players and staff. You guys realize how much you all change your minds??This season everyone was for griese starting saying jay SUCKED then once jay comes back the entire crowd applauds and is really happy Jay is here to lead the team, everyone then is saying such great things about Jay and how he was "definately the man to lead our dolphins to a victory after the redskins and cowboys games...then at the end of the season everyone says he is terrible again and he sucks....then the last game of the season he throws for like 300 yds which never happens and hes good again

Hi, my name is SMadison29 & I'm a Jay basher.

Jay sucks & has always sucked, he's not good. The fact that people were calling for Lucas & Griese is because Jay isn't good but after seeing them struggle we were man enough to call for Jay again because he was the best QB for the team.

I like Feidler. I'd rather keep him than bring in another Veteran QB. I hope we draft Rivers and let Jay play until he's ready to start. Hopefully in the 1st Quarter of the season. I just get this horrible feeling that someone is going to steal Rivers from us.....

You need to remember how average/below average Jay played the first six games of the season before he was injured. Yes we went 4-2. But we had to run Ricky Williams into the ground to do so. The games were far too close. And the opponents generally weren't overly good. Griese faced stiffer competition (Indy, Tennessee, Baltimore).

Everyone agreed after Washington that Jay was the guy to lead the team.......thru the 2003 season. After that, everyone went into upgrade mode, and rightfully so. Now we all realize that might not be possible right away. But it doesn't change the fact that it needs to be done.

Finally, people have the right to change their minds. It's not necessarily a bad thing. Sure, you'd like to see people be consistent (and logical) most of the time. But it's not the end of the world. :)

I agree. Let's see Jay win in San Diego or Arizona. Maybe our new QB coach can help Griese handle the ball better and Griese can maybe help a rookie QB. For some reason, I think that Brian can reach his 2000 level with a little encouragement and some more experience. He knows how to find his go-to receiver and could help Chambers become the next Rod Smith. He just needs to work out with Chambers a bit more. A little strength training could help too.

True, people can change their minds, but there should at least be some optimism in that well of negativity. I mean, someone's got to be praised this year. Even ESPN: The Mag can see how many Dol-Fans tear their team apart, which is why we had a huge drop.

Wanna know Jay Fiedler's biggest problem?? Wanna know why every fifth person wants rid of him?? Simple.. Its' because the numbers on his back don't read #13, and the name is FIEDLER not MARINO.

Make no mistake about it, I've cussed Fiedler for making the boneheaded plays he does as much as the next guy.. And I'll be the first to stand in line and tell you that the guy is NOT a Big Game QB, and never will be. He goes on pure guts and adrenaline alone..

Would I like to see Miami go out and get a QB the caliber of Patrick Ramsey, Ben Roethlesberger, Eli Manning, JP Losman or Phillip Rivers?? Bet your *** I would.. However when I see names like Tommy Maddox and Kelly Holcomb thrown as possible replacements, I even further begin to scratch my head and ask "What's wrong with what we have??" Would it be that horrid to have another season or two of Fiedler grooming whomever?

Originally posted by Fisticuff
Not accurate? He wasn't towards the end of the season because he had a knee injury, he wasn't able to step into passes. I guess thats just an excuse... Seems to me, Steve Mcnair didn't complete 50% of his passes against Baltimore because of his knee. But lets ignore that. "You can't handle the truth!"

No, he is not accurate. After four seasons I can't believe you don't realize it. And I'll bet you I'll get far more support on this issue than you will.....because I'm not the only one who's seen four years of passes sailing over, behind, and short of receivers. I'm not the only one who's seen us miss on far more deep passes than we've hit.

You make the excuse of injury at the end of the season. Well, he sure didn't look very good at the beginning of the season either. 6 TDs, 7 INTs, 57%.....his worst completion precentage as a Dolphin.

Thats grade A pure Bull****. Fiedler might not have made all the throws Griese did, but Jay can get the job done in other ways. What was that game when Fiedler almost had a perfect QB rating?

That game was at Dallas. The OL blocked unusually well. And I agree that Jay played a great game. But as Zod showed us with his photos from the game, the coverage was SOFT. They played a soft zone for the most part. So that game must be taken with a grain of salt.

More lies and bull****. You either don't like Fiedler because he's not a star, or you can look at the truth. Fiedler isn't a star player, but he's not garbage like everyone makes him out to be.

Where did I EVER say (or even IMPLY) he's garbage?? Now THAT'S lies and bull****. I really like the guy. And if you read my posts during the last few seasons, I've stuck up for him. The OL stunk and the WRs haven't gotten the job done. I've REPEATEDLY defended and complimented him on his toughness, leadership, ability to run, avoid the sack, and sell playaction (one of the league's best IMO). I'm one of his biggest fans. Go thru my seasonal posts and see.

But I cannot simply disregard Fiedler's functional deficiencies across the board. There's a reason why he wasn't asked to win games.....because he couldn't do it. They didn't trust him. He was simply asked to make plays and not lose it. Maybe win the occasional game. In essence, he was supposed to be Jake Delhomme.

You're all willing to make excuses for Ricky when he's stuffed behind the line of scrimmage, and piss on Fiedler because he makes a poor throw because he's about to be decapitated. Maybe thats why he's injury prone? No, thats more BS I guess. He hurt his knee tripping over his dog :lol:

Stop with the dramatics. You want to know what the problem is?? The problem is that because I'm not agreeing with you and am being critical of one of your "pet causes", you automatically get defensive and label me a liar. Because I don't see things your way, I "can't see the the truth". Fact is, I'm not seeing YOUR truth.

Don't worry, you're not the first to do so.

If we can improve the OL, if we can get a decent WR opposite Chambers, there's no doubt that Jay will perform better. And I'll continue to root for him with all my might.

But we will still have problems with accuracy. We will still have problems with the deep ball. Both areas should improve. But they won't be what we want. And we still won't be able to empty the playbook because Jay can't make all the throws.

There's a reason why we're all over Mark Brunell, Drew Henson, and Phillip Rivers.

Originally posted by Phinfan31

I would be willing to wager that most of those "FICKLERS" are still eating Fruity Pebbles for breakfeast. I would be willing to bet that the image they see looking back at them from the mirror is one of a oily, fiery red face full of pus-sy pimples. A face sparsely peppered with leak hairs they would call their mustache or goatee. I'm tired of their whinng.

Back
Top Bottom