Dolphins fans are SO FICKLE! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins fans are SO FICKLE!

Re: Re: Dolphins fans are SO FICKLE!

Originally posted by themole

I would be willing to wager that most of those "FICKLERS" are still eating Fruity Pebbles for breakfeast. I would be willing to bet that the image they see looking back at them from the mirror is one of a oily, fiery red face full of pus-sy pimples. A face sparsely peppered with leak hairs they would call their mustache or goatee. I'm tired of their whinng.

:roflmao:

:up:

You're a MEAN old s.o.b mole .....

I :salute: you ....

:eat:

Marino1983

Re: Re: Re: Dolphins fans are SO FICKLE!

Originally posted by Marino1983

:roflmao:

:up:

You're a MEAN old s.o.b mole .....

I :salute: you ....

:eat:

Marino1983

:biggrin: :evil:

A little VIGILANTEISM at work here M83. If we don't who will?

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol:....mole said "fruity pebbles" in two different posts....:lol:

No, he is not accurate. After four seasons I can't believe you don't realize it. And I'll bet you I'll get far more support on this issue than you will.....because I'm not the only one who's seen four years of passes sailing over, behind, and short of receivers. I'm not the only one who's seen us miss on far more deep passes than we've hit.

You make the excuse of injury at the end of the season. Well, he sure didn't look very good at the beginning of the season either. 6 TDs, 7 INTs, 57%.....his worst completion precentage as a Dolphin.

Four seasons he hasn't been accurate? 2001 and 2002 he had 60% completion or better. True he didn't do that in 2003, but as you said, look at the talent around him. his Oline blows, and his WR suck.

That game was at Dallas. The OL blocked unusually well. And I agree that Jay played a great game. But as Zod showed us with his photos from the game, the coverage was SOFT. They played a soft zone for the most part. So that game must be taken with a grain of salt.
OK, then why not the week before? He fired up his team, made a big throw to start his drive. Stats were average in that game, but the spark was not. He worked outside the box.

Stop with the dramatics. You want to know what the problem is?? The problem is that because I'm not agreeing with you and am being critical of one of your "pet causes", you automatically get defensive and label me a liar. Because I don't see things your way, I "can't see the the truth". Fact is, I'm not seeing YOUR truth.

Don't worry, you're not the first to do so.

If we can improve the OL, if we can get a decent WR opposite Chambers, there's no doubt that Jay will perform better. And I'll continue to root for him with all my might.

But we will still have problems with accuracy. We will still have problems with the deep ball. Both areas should improve. But they won't be what we want. And we still won't be able to empty the playbook because Jay can't make all the throws.

There's a reason why we're all over Mark Brunell, Drew Henson, and Phillip Rivers.

Yes Jay can't hit the deep ball. I won't debate that, but the accuracy remark is still bull****. He can hit every throw (with the exception of the deep ball). For every throw you say misses, I can tell you one that did not.

You don't lie, just stretch the **** out of the truth.

p.s. Don't bring up Brunell. He blows ***, and is a below average QB at this point in his career. I'll be happy to debate that and win too.

Originally posted by inFINSible

The breakfast of CHAMPIONS .....

Right mole ?

clear.gif

Marino1983

I wanted to believe that Fiedler would come in and win games. He did come in and win a couple but with our offensive line it wouldnt have mattered if we had Manning at QB we still would have lost the same games we did. The only problem i have with Jay is that he misses the open reciever way too much. He gets the open guy for the long ball at least once a game and he always seems to put the ball in the wrong place. But alot of that maybe his time in the pocket if you dont give him the time he needs the throw wont be accurate. Maybe thats why in the only game our O-Line showed up we scored 40+ on THanksgiving. The thing is we dont have a better line yet and chances are that we wont so we better get a different QB with a faster release.

Originally posted by inFINSible

:lol: :lol: That's one of the first things that come to mind when I think of kids.
My son still eats them at 20, my son in law still eats them at 27. You know you are a man when a bowl of CORNFLAKES will get the job done... and a real old man when a bowl of BRAN becomes a necessity. I'm not there yet!:lol:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Dolphins fans are SO FICKLE!

Originally posted by themole

:biggrin: :evil:

A little VIGILANTEISM at work here M83. If we don't who will?

I ll give you ground support mole ....

You know that you can always count on me man !!

clear.gif

clear.gif

:salute:

Marino1983

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dolphins fans are SO FICKLE!

Originally posted by Marino1983

I ll give you ground support mole ....

You know that you can always count on me man !!

clear.gif

clear.gif

:salute:

Marino1983
:drinkers: :salute:

Originally posted by Fisticuff
Four seasons he hasn't been accurate? 2001 and 2002 he had 60% completion or better.

But he was throwing shorter passes for the most part. Gailey's offense isn't as vertical as Norv Turner's. And that's why Jay's yards per attempt went from 7th and 19th overall. Gailey emphasizes rollouts and short, safe passes. That offense fundamentally was better suited for Jay Fiedler. It covered up many of his weaknesses. Even Norv called more shorter passes than he normally would.

OK, then why not the week before? He fired up his team, made a big throw to start his drive. Stats were average in that game, but the spark was not. He worked outside the box.

You're debating yourself here. This was never about Jay Fiedler's ability to lead or fire up his teammates.

Yes Jay can't hit the deep ball. I won't debate that, but the accuracy remark is still bull****. He can hit every throw (with the exception of the deep ball). For every throw you say misses, I can tell you one that did not.

Jay also can't hit the deep out (a staple of Norv's offense). He can't throw across the field on a rope (witness the two INTs at Seattle and the one vs Houston). Basically, any throw that requires you to blaze it in there, he simply cannot do it. And again, he's not accurate enough to hit any throw consistenly. How many times do you have to see the RUNNING BACKS adjust to a poorly thrown ball out of the backfield before you come to the conclusion that the guy struggles with accuracy and consistency??

If Jay could hit all the throws, then we wouldn't have just endured four years of eight men in the box. If he could make all the throws, teams would have backed off and played the pass.

Again, I'm not saying it's all his fault. But he is the topic of this conversation. So all his faults are fair game.

You don't lie, just stretch the **** out of the truth.

:rofl: I'd call "Jay is an accurate QB" and "Jay can make all the throws (besides the deep ball" strectching the **** out of the truth. I'd also include your next quote.

p.s. Don't bring up Brunell. He blows ***, and is a below average QB at this point in his career. I'll be happy to debate that and win too.

You obviously love pain. I think you're a masochist. :lol:

I didn't bring up Brunell. But since you did, tell me why you don't believe he'd be an upgrade to Jay. Tell me why I and the Dolphins organization are mistaken. Clue us into what we don't know.

I'd be happy to debate that and kick your *** some more. :tongue:

Originally posted by Lukin
I like Feidler. I'd rather keep him than bring in another Veteran QB. I hope we draft Rivers and let Jay play until he's ready to start. Hopefully in the 1st Quarter of the season. I just get this horrible feeling that someone is going to steal Rivers from us.....
You sure are the guy to stick behind his Quaterback.

:goof:

But he was throwing shorter passes for the most part. Gailey's offense isn't as vertical as Norv Turner's. And that's why Jay's yards per attempt went from 7th and 19th overall. Gailey emphasizes rollouts and short, safe passes. That offense fundamentally was better suited for Jay Fiedler. It covered up many of his weaknesses. Even Norv called more shorter passes than he normally would.

Whats the difference if it's more vertical? He still had 60 something completion % last season (2002). whats the difference if he added more short passes? He still completed them. I guess Rivers is inaccurate because his offense runs dinks and dunks. Doesn't matter what offense you run, as long as you do it right.

You're debating yourself here. This was never about Jay Fiedler's ability to lead or fire up his teammates.
You said Fiedler couldn't have won the Indy game because he isn't talented enough. I said he wins outside the box. Jay could have won the Indy game, and I bet he would have too.

Jay also can't hit the deep out (a staple of Norv's offense). He can't throw across the field on a rope (witness the two INTs at Seattle and the one vs Houston). Basically, any throw that requires you to blaze it in there, he simply cannot do it. And again, he's not accurate enough to hit any throw consistenly. How many times do you have to see the RUNNING BACKS adjust to a poorly thrown ball out of the backfield before you come to the conclusion that the guy struggles with accuracy and consistency??

If Jay could hit all the throws, then we wouldn't have just endured four years of eight men in the box. If he could make all the throws, teams would have backed off and played the pass.

Again, I'm not saying it's all his fault. But he is the topic of this conversation. So all his faults are fair game.
I don't remember any game against Seattle (I assume you mean 2002 and I still don't remember that). The INT against Houston (2nd one) was not his fault (I can't remember the first one). Coleman came out and said he saw DT mess up the route and knew what was coming. NT called the same play twice. Not even Manning could have gotten it in. The RB situation is different. Thats a product of poor footwork. He is always fading back when he throws them. 8 Men in the box wasn't because of Jay, it was because of the oline. The same thing happened to Griese... When a team has a bad line, thats what you do.

Fiedler has faults, but you're making them out to be bigger then they're IMO.

Also you mentioned Brunell, not me.

There's a reason why we're all over Mark Brunell

reasons why MB blows ***.

1. He has had injury problems for the last few seasons (shoulder/arm). Unlike Fiedler (who is always being hit) Mark Brunell's problems are not really football related (on the field). Tendinitis (SP?) is one of the problems he has. He just came off elbow surgery earlier this season.

2. He was beat out by a rookie. The reasons the team played Leftwhich was because Brunell posted 70 or less QB rating in his final 2 games. It's not like they were playing anyone with a great pass defense.

3. He is a little whinny girl. He demands the starting job for the next half decade. No team can draft a QB while he is their. I would be insecure too if I lost my job to a rookie.

Brunell sucks and doesn't have anything left in the tank. I would rather have Doug Flutie who is 42 years old.

Originally posted by Muck

You mention Fiedler not fumbling vs Indy. Well I submit to you this: Fiedler could not have gotten the Phins into that position to win. Griese made some throws that day that I have rarely, if ever, seen Fiedler make. He was pretty darn accurate.

Sorry Muck, odds are if Fiedler was starting that game the Dolphins win. Jay always plays well against the Colts.

I also disagree about your assertion that Jay is not an accurate QB. He is. His problem is this WR corps is one of the worst in the NFL, and has been for several years, for some years before Jay even arrived.

After saying all that it's time to move on, but Jay is not a bad QB.

Oliver...

Originally posted by Fisticuff
Whats the difference if it's more vertical? He still had 60 something completion % last season (2002). whats the difference if he added more short passes? He still completed them.

What's the difference?? You have a greater chance of completing shorter passes than longer ones.

I guess Rivers is inaccurate because his offense runs dinks and dunks.

That's a silly analogy (even if it is sarcastic). The difference is that Rivers is actually an ultra accurate QB. And that's why his career completion percentage is an astounding 68% (72% last year).

Doesn't matter what offense you run, as long as you do it right.

Yup. And that's why we're searching for two new QBs.

You said Fiedler couldn't have won the Indy game because he isn't talented enough. I said he wins outside the box. Jay could have won the Indy game, and I bet he would have too.

And I bet I would have gone with the Prom Queen to the dance if I were cool and she didn't have a boyfriend.

Coulda shoulda woulda.....he didn't play. So you can't say anything with any certainty. And I stand by my assertion that Griese made plays that Fiedler can't/doesn't make to get us into position that day. We'll just agree to disagree.

I don't remember any game against Seattle (I assume you mean 2002 and I still don't remember that). The INT against Houston (2nd one) was not his fault (I can't remember the first one). Coleman came out and said he saw DT mess up the route and knew what was coming. NT called the same play twice. Not even Manning could have gotten it in.

I disagree. Fiedler doesn't have the arm to get that ball in there. But guys like Manning and McNair do. Thompson hung his QB out to dry IMO. But it doesn't change the fact that Jay can't make that throw. It's a long, tough throw that most guys struggle to hit.

The RB situation is different. Thats a product of poor footwork. He is always fading back when he throws them.

Negative. I've seen the guy set and make a poor throw to the back several occassions. It's not just when he's throwing screens or still in his drop. How about when he almost rendered Ricky sterile against the Jets on a simple swing pass??

8 Men in the box wasn't because of Jay, it was because of the oline. The same thing happened to Griese... When a team has a bad line, thats what you do.

True. But how many times did we hear guys like Mandich implore Jay to get the defense to back off??

By that rational, Dan Marino or Steve McNair could be behind this OL and they'd still flood the box. Sorry, but I'm not buying. The defense would be committing suicide.

At some point, you have to make "the plays".

reasons why MB blows ***.

1. He has had injury problems for the last few seasons (shoulder/arm). Unlike Fiedler (who is always being hit) Mark Brunell's problems are not really football related (on the field). Tendinitis (SP?) is one of the problems he has. He just came off elbow surgery earlier this season.

Jay Fiedler has had tendonitis the past two seasons. And he has only played a full season once. How about Jay hurting his hip in training camp?? Then again this past minicamp?? MINICAMP. Jay has suffered several other injuries. One of which I believe has hindered him for good (the thumb). Also, that rotator cuff injury in 2000 is a tough one to beat. Especially as fast as he did. It's amazing he came back to throw as quickly as he did. And his unstable knee (since college) isn't the most reassuring thing.

All QBs take beatings. And to imply that Mark Brunell's injuries aren't football related is just negligent. Obviously he wouln't be having these problems if he were say, selling insurance.

Also, the elbow injury originated when he suffered a deep gash to that elbow last year and it later became infected.

2. He was beat out by a rookie. The reasons the team played Leftwhich was because Brunell posted 70 or less QB rating in his final 2 games. It's not like they were playing anyone with a great pass defense.

More like Brunell got hurt, they put in The Future, Brunell had complications, and they left The Future in. The team is young and had little or no playoff aspirations at that point. He was not beaten out because they never had a competition.

3. He is a little whinny girl. He demands the starting job for the next half decade. No team can draft a QB while he is their. I would be insecure too if I lost my job to a rookie.

More misinformation. Sounds exactly like another thread we had the other night. You act as if they had a competition or one guy never got hurt.

Put yourself in Brunell's shoes. If you felt like you could contribute at a high level for 3-4 more years, would you willingly walk into a situation where they are spending alot of money grooming your replacement?? I can tell you what it's like first hand.

Brunell sucks and doesn't have anything left in the tank. I would rather have Doug Flutie who is 42 years old.

That's quite an indictment. Maybe you should inform Joe Gibbs, Bill Parcells, Marty Schottenheimer, and Rick Speilman of their errors in judgement.

Back
Top Bottom