Dolphins fans are SO FICKLE! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins fans are SO FICKLE!

Originally posted by ohall

Sorry Muck, odds are if Fiedler was starting that game the Dolphins win. Jay always plays well against the Colts.

IMO, the odds are that Jay never gets us into that position to win. I think many people continue to look at the final play and forget about the other 58 minutes. Indy is better defensively than they've been the last few years.

I also disagree about your assertion that Jay is not an accurate QB. He is. His problem is this WR corps is one of the worst in the NFL, and has been for several years, for some years before Jay even arrived.

After saying all that it's time to move on, but Jay is not a bad QB.

Oliver...

Like fisticuffs, we'll just have to agree to disagree on Fiedler. :) But agree that it's time to move on.

I'm not crazy about talking up a guy's deficiencies over and over. But that's the way the thread turned out. I'm done now. All talked out. :)

This thread is a waste of space......:tongue:

Isn't there a section for the Fiedler crap anyway :lol:

Jay sucks. That's the bottom line. Why anyone would say he is good, either doesn't have glasses or they are just plain incompetent.:lol:

Oh my God. There are STILL Fiedler Huggers out there!!!!

Jay is terrible. The only thing he has been consistent at is being inconsistent. He can't stay healthy, he can't put together three good games, and disappears in the big games when he needs to play his best. He is gutsy, he tries really hard. But in the end, he is inaccurate, a limp noodle arm, and can't even find his way out of the bottom third of the league in QB's.

Jay must go and all of you Huggers can carry his bags.

Originally posted by fin-atic
Oh my God. There are STILL Fiedler Huggers out there!!!!

Jay is terrible. The only thing he has been consistent at is being inconsistent. He can't stay healthy, he can't put together three good games, and disappears in the big games when he needs to play his best. He is gutsy, he tries really hard. But in the end, he is inaccurate, a limp noodle arm, and can't even find his way out of the bottom third of the league in QB's.

Jay must go and all of you Huggers can carry his bags.

:sosad: :cry:

Originally posted by Fisticuff

Not accurate? He wasn't towards the end of the season because he had a knee injury, he wasn't able to step into passes. I guess thats just an excuse... Seems to me, Steve Mcnair didn't complete 50% of his passes against Baltimore because of his knee. But lets ignore that. "You can't handle the truth!"

No he is NOT accurate. If he was, we wouldn't be having all this debating going on about him. He can not even hit the dink passes in stride with any consistency. How many longer passes did he "complete" that the receiver had to slow up to let the ball catch up? Only to have the DB recover and cream the poor bastard. Remeber the one in Denver a couple yrs ago where he threw that little crossing route pass to CC over the middle? What happened? The ball was soooooo frikkin' high that CC had to use all of that 40 som'n inch vertical and got knocked the F*** out. Inaccuracy is waaaay worse than arm strength. Fiedler is only good backup material, nothing more.

Originally posted by Fisticuff

Whats the difference if it's more vertical? He still had 60 something completion % last season (2002). whats the difference if he added more short passes? He still completed them. I guess Rivers is inaccurate because his offense runs dinks and dunks. Doesn't matter what offense you run, as long as you do it right.

You said Fiedler couldn't have won the Indy game because he isn't talented enough. I said he wins outside the box. Jay could have won the Indy game, and I bet he would have too.

I don't remember any game against Seattle (I assume you mean 2002 and I still don't remember that). The INT against Houston (2nd one) was not his fault (I can't remember the first one). Coleman came out and said he saw DT mess up the route and knew what was coming. NT called the same play twice. Not even Manning could have gotten it in. The RB situation is different. Thats a product of poor footwork. He is always fading back when he throws them. 8 Men in the box wasn't because of Jay, it was because of the oline. The same thing happened to Griese... When a team has a bad line, thats what you do.

Fiedler has faults, but you're making them out to be bigger then they're IMO.

Also you mentioned Brunell, not me.

reasons why MB blows ***.

1. He has had injury problems for the last few seasons (shoulder/arm). Unlike Fiedler (who is always being hit) Mark Brunell's problems are not really football related (on the field). Tendinitis (SP?) is one of the problems he has. He just came off elbow surgery earlier this season.

2. He was beat out by a rookie. The reasons the team played Leftwhich was because Brunell posted 70 or less QB rating in his final 2 games. It's not like they were playing anyone with a great pass defense.

3. He is a little whinny girl. He demands the starting job for the next half decade. No team can draft a QB while he is their. I would be insecure too if I lost my job to a rookie.

Brunell sucks and doesn't have anything left in the tank. I would rather have Doug Flutie who is 42 years old.

Do not confuse yourself that completion % and accuracy are one and the same because they are not.

Back
Top Bottom