Dolphins First Team Offensive Line On Day One Of Training Camp | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins First Team Offensive Line On Day One Of Training Camp

If I were Josh Rosen, I would be very concerned about this O-line. If Rosen starts, I predict a lot of press-man coverage from opposing defenses and forcing him to throw wide with a lot of interceptions. And, if Fitz starts... not much different. Get under the WRs and force him to throw long. If Fitz ever gets miked up, you'll get to hear Fitz's signature "grunt" as he heaves it downfield.

Based on what? Other posters' opinions? Chris Reed is an above average G. Kilgore when healthy is a very good C. My only concern is actually RT.
I think your left side is fine. But, Kilgore is a below average center, Davis is terrible, and Mills, while he was IMO underrated in Buffalo, is a turnstile when he doesn't have support to his left (which, if it's Davis, he won't). You can't sugar-coat it. If three out of five of your O-line is average on their best day, you have a crappy O-line.

I think your left side is fine. But, Kilgore is a below average center, Davis is terrible, and Mills, while he was IMO underrated in Buffalo, is a turnstile when he doesn't have support to his left (which, if it's Davis, he won't). You can't sugar-coat it. If three out of five of your O-line is average on their best day, you have a crappy O-line.
I honestly think Davis is built like a RT.. I don't understand why he is playing RG!!!

Not that draft position really means anything, but I found this interesting.

Tunsil-- 1st round
Deiter-- 3rd round
Holden, Kilgore, Mills-- 5th round
Prince-- 6th round
Fuller-- 7th round
Adams, Calhoun, Dunn, Jones-Smith, Sterrup, Reed, Davis, Monterio--- Undrafted

Can't be too surprised that our oLine is shaky...again.

Kilgore is not below average and Davis is not terrible.... Not gonna sit here and champion our oline, but hard to take people serious throwing that kinda crap out there

Tunsil-- 1st round
Deiter-- 3rd round
Prince-- 6th round
Fuller-- 7th round

But but but investing in O linemen in the 1st rounds are a waste . you can pick them up in the later rounds.......

Tunsil-- 1st round
Deiter-- 3rd round
Prince-- 6th round
Fuller-- 7th round

At one point we had a line with Pouncey (1st), Tunsil (1st), James (1st), Albert (1st) and Bushrod (4th) and while they had a good game or two, overall the line still sucked.

At one point we had a line with Pouncey (1st), Tunsil (1st), James (1st), Albert (1st) and Bushrod (4th) and while they had a good game or two, overall the line still sucked.

Went to the playoffs with those guys

That o-line leaves a lot to be desired. Deiter should eventually be the starter. I mean we’re bound to eventually hit in a mid-round pick guard, right?

We're certainly putting that theory to the test. Results thus far: excruciating.

Back
Top Bottom