Dolphins FO not loyal to players? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins FO not loyal to players?

midwest_phinfan

Starter
Reaction score
I just read an interesting article and wanted to share it, a different take on the Ogun situation. It says that some players may be questioning the franchises loyalty to it's players because of what's going on with Ogun. Personally I disagree with the article, but interesting none the less.

"We hear that the Dolphins’ business decision is sending a mixed message to the players....By playing hardball with Ogunleye, the Dolphins have caused his teammates to question the franchise’s loyalty to its players."

Ogun Article

midwest_phinfan said:
I just read an interesting article and wanted to share it, a different take on the Ogun situation. It says that some players may be questioning the franchises loyalty to it's players because of what's going on with Ogun. Personally I disagree with the article, but interesting none the less.

"We hear that the Dolphins’ business decision is sending a mixed message to the players....By playing hardball with Ogunleye, the Dolphins have caused his teammates to question the franchise’s loyalty to its players."

Ogun Article

You can argue this subject both ways and show that players have no loyalty to their organization either by asking for contracts that they know will break the salary cap for that team.

It is the salary cap that causes this issue not the players or the organizations. It's just the way it is.

I hate that website. What a bunch of no talent, mindless shmucks. They're continuously stirring up rumors and crap when there is none and now this. Contract disputes are happening to 3-4 other teams right now, but the Dolphins organization is the only shady one, right? We can also thank Drew Rosenhaus and his media involvement for helping to make a big deal out of this.

Contract disputes have benn going on with every team for decades. It's nothing new. The media has been sharing their opinion longer than the contract disputes have been going on. If anyone has a problem with the media, send the editor a letter or E-mail and tell them "YOUR" opinion, I do it all the time. It's a great way to vent your feelings about them. Always remember that the media are just selling their work, they are not trying to make us happy.

The Dolphins aren't doing anything wrong. They are following the rules of the collective bargaining agreement...you know, the agreement that the player's union agreed to. It is Ogun and Rosenhaus that aren't playing fair. Making contract demands and holdout threats when the CBA states that the Dolphins have exclusive rights to the guy and they are offering exactly what is required of them.

Where are the Dolphin players going to stand on loyalty next offseason with Chambers and McMichael when there is no money left to offer them deals because they gave it all to Ogun?

Once again, PFW = Pretty F*****g Weak.

The FO has shown itself to be not only loyal, but arguably charitable in some cases (see Orande Gadsden, Jay Fiedler).

A good question would be from whom are "we" hearing these reports? My guess would be the players' agents or the voices in "our" heads. :shakeno:

I'm glad that everyone pretty much said what I wanted to say after reading that tripe.

Maybe I'm not crazy after all.

inFINSible said:
I'm glad that everyone pretty much said what I wanted to say after reading that tripe.

Maybe I'm not crazy after all.

Oh you're crazy all right, but it had nothing to do with the tripe. :googly:

Loyalty? The old maxim is correct, it's a two way street. Over the last decade, players have shown no loyalty to their community or team. That's fine, it's a business. But players shouldn't whine when it goes the other way. This O-Gun situation isn't about loyalty, of course Miami wants him back. It's about adding yet another mega contract to the defensive side of the ball, when CC, McMike and RW contracts are on the horizon. Dolfans know RS is doing the right thing.

Trekbiz said:
You can argue this subject both ways and show that players have no loyalty to their organization either by asking for contracts that they know will break the salary cap for that team.

It is the salary cap that causes this issue not the players or the organizations. It's just the way it is.

You hit the nail on the head.

The salary cap forces every team to make the best "businees decisions" and not decisons based on loyalty.

Those days where teams rewarded players for past performance with a "loyalty extension" are long gone.

I think its a bit ironic they use Ogun as an example of the FO not being loyal to its players. This is a player that was undrafted, and seriously injured when the Phins picked him up. They gave him a shot when nobody else would. They kept him and developed him and put him opposite one of the best DE's in the league. Now, when they ask him to give them 1 year for about $2million in return for their past support, he says "No I think Id rather sit out"........Loyalty is an issue here, but not the Front Office's

I agree. How can you say the FO is not being loyal. They have 53 other players also to worry about. They will make the best decision for the team. Many already said they would rather have CC, McMic, and RW and I agree I have said in other posts I would love to have Ogun but I don't want to break the bank to get him. You say the FO is not being loyal, what about Wale, he said he would hold out if he doesn't get the money he wants, real team player IMO. I like this guy and want him back but this threatening to hold out stuff is for the birds. He has also said he is worried the average NFL career is 3 yrs, he has already had a knee injury and his mother has taken care of him his whole life and now its his turn to take care of her. I understand that and I appreciate his morals but holding out thats obsurd. I still don't see where the FO is not being loyal.

midwest_phinfan said:

Ogun Article

This is why i said in the past that the sooner we clear up this situation, the better. If you look at all the players that have been taken care of [mainly on D], that would suggest that it's not true. Perhaps with the younger players with contracts coming up soon. They also have to realize that everybody can't make it big time since the $$$ are so limited. now if we didn't have the DE depth that we do, then,IMO, this deal would have been done long ago.

All about the money he can make. Rosendog is a slime bucket with an agenda. I just hope he screws more teams than ours with these contracts.

Back
Top Bottom