Dolphins FO not loyal to players? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins FO not loyal to players?

I think it's funny that during the Wannstedt GM era the FO was criticized for being TOO loyal to its players but now we're not being loyal enough. Sometimes you just can't win.

I'm really to lazy to research how much money O-Gun is making currently...but...I would venture to say a heck of a lot more than anyone that post on this board.

He says it is time to start taking care of his mother.

Well...how many of the 4k of the registered members on this board have done the same on MUCH MUCH less money?

I have!

Nor, would I bite off the hand that feeds me.

He knows full well the money will be there!

If he is SO kock sure of his ability...let him sign a performance based contract like Ricky.

First of all, I think that the Media is trying to stir things by degrading Dolphins FO like they normally do.

Secondly, if some players are questioning the loyalty, I suggest they take courses on salary cap to understand it or pitch in some of their salaries to pay Ogun!

themole said:
I'm really to lazy to research how much money O-Gun is making currently...but...I would venture to say a heck of a lot more than anyone that post on this board.

He says it is time to start taking care of his mother.

Well...how many of the 4k of the registered members on this board have done the same on MUCH MUCH less money?

I have!

Nor, would I bite off the hand that feeds me.

He knows full well the money will be there!

If he is SO kock sure of his ability...let him sign a performance based contract like Ricky.

I think you and i both are making more than ogun at the moment !! ;) :D

He wants to take care of his mother, and what he needs 10 million upfront to do this. What does he want to buy the old palace back again?

nicolosi718 said:
He wants to take care of his mother, and what he needs 10 million upfront to do this.

Hey, if he gets 10 mil from the Phins have him contact Ty Law.

Ty needs the coin to feed his family.

midwest_phinfan said:
I just read an interesting article and wanted to share it, a different take on the Ogun situation. It says that some players may be questioning the franchises loyalty to it's players because of what's going on with Ogun. Personally I disagree with the article, but interesting none the less.

"We hear that the Dolphins’ business decision is sending a mixed message to the players....By playing hardball with Ogunleye, the Dolphins have caused his teammates to question the franchise’s loyalty to its players."

Ogun Article
unfortunately its a business and thats what the fins are doing with ogun. there is no such thing as loyalty these days in the era of free agency.

Taylor, Madison, Surtain, Thomas, Gardener, Timbo...all home grown players that produced and were paid accordingly by the franchise. If that isnèt being loyal and looking after your own I donèt know what the hell is.

I think its called keeping the best players on board regardless of home grown or not. I didnt see the FO being loyal to gadsen when he was still a good WR. He was the only WR that could catch anything that Marino and Fiedler threw to him..

Bodzilla29 said:
Taylor, Madison, Surtain, Thomas, Gardener, Timbo...all home grown players that produced and were paid accordingly by the franchise. If that isnèt being loyal and looking after your own I donèt know what the hell is.

Exactly. According to this sites salary figures Wayne has paid out around 73 million in bonus money to players. This seems like a lot of loyalty to me.
Does anyone know how this number compares to other teams?

Eshlemon said:
Exactly. According to this sites salary figures Wayne has paid out around 73 million in bonus money to players. This seems like a lot of loyalty to me.
Does anyone know how this number compares to other teams?
then how do you explain the gadsen incident...thats not called loyalty...

AquaAssasin said:
I didnt see the FO being loyal to gadsen when he was still a good WR. He was the only WR that could catch anything that Marino and Fiedler threw to him..

O.G was a good receiver? #3 WR that was asked to be the #2 too often. O.G. is a prime example of what happens to you when you rock the phins boat. Hopefully Ogun doesn't go down that same path.

Your Miami Dolphins PFW contributors. :goof:

clear.gif
clear.gif

AquaAssasin said:

Damn dude, if Rob Konrad came out tomorrow demanding a $10M signing bonus and we didn't give it to him would we still be "unloyal?"

Everybody has their price and a good organization does not pay a player more than what his worth is. OG wanted too much, bottom line, a spineless organization may have caved, but that sets a bad precident.

YOu have to be smart, as well as loyal.

AquaAssasin said:

Loyal? They offered him a big contract. He wanted more. He used his injury as a bargining chip. The dolphins were offended. He went on the open market, no one wanted him for how much he thought he was worth. After offending the dolphins, they still asked him to come back. He came back with a bad attitude and over weight.

Back
Top Bottom