Dolphins Free Agency Grade | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Free Agency Grade

What grade would you give the Miami DOLPHIBS Free Agency so far?

• A Team has improved. Should contend for AFC Championship.

Votes: 49 18.6%
  • B Team's Talent Level has stayed relatively neutral. Should contend for AFC East title.

Votes: 153 58.2%
  • C Team's talent level has marginally declined, but we will be competive in the AFC East.

Votes: 53 20.2%
  • D Team will not be competitive in the AFC East.

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • F Fire everyone!!!!!!!!!

Votes: 3 1.1%

• Total voters
I voted a C. I beluve we have done well so far with the cap we have and would actually give us a C +. I think we need to fill out the roster and significantly improve the offensive line to get to a B grade.

I would like to see us resign Kendall Lamm and Isiah Wynn and add another guard before the draft to get to a B.

I say we're fighting for the AFC championship....mostly because I'm always optimistic.

Our offense has stayed relatively neutral, but they were pretty darn good last year. I believe our defense has gotten better through FA and much more physical with the additions of Poyer and the LB's. If the defense is truly improved and more physical, the sky is the limit for this team.

Please give your free agency grade and reasoning behind the grade.
It depends a little on parameters. For example;
Is it a good FA in view of cap restrictions?
Is it good regardless of cap? Compare us to teams with tremendous money available?
Do we subtract guys we lost or just look at guys we signed?
I was fine with X leaving but sorry to see AVG go.
I knew we could not afford Wilkins but was sorry to see us lose Hunt.

I voted a C. I beluve we have done well so far with the cap we have and would actually give us a C +. I think we need to fill out the roster and significantly improve the offensive line to get to a B grade.

I would like to see us resign Kendall Lamm and Isiah Wynn and add another guard before the draft to get to a B.

I don’t see any votes for a C.

I think we are a little improved. I think it is remarkable what Grier has done with NO cap space to start with. Whether or not all these new players can acclimate to a cohesive unit is really the question now. I prefer 2-4 guys rotating in on the d-line. It is insurance for injuries and keeping guys more fresh. We all loved Wilkins energy and personality, but not at the price he was paid. At least now, I won't' cringe every time he jumps our players after a TD.

Relatively neutral was the only possible choice. If we sign a guard and a WR, I will change my assessment. Now, remaining “relatively neutral” given the circumstances with Wilkins and Hunt signing for a combined $210m, losing AVG, etc. is nearly miraculous. Stellar work from Grier so far.

If we can get 2 starting quality G I believe we’ve improved. I don’t want to simply rely on the draft with Griers track record of drafting Oline

Voted B
Happy to admit Greir and company has done a nice job
Good value players with good talent

I held him accountable for appearing to be unprepared and still think he was not proactive enough but happy with results so far
Optimistic
Nice work

Back
Top Bottom