Dolphins Free Agency Grade | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Free Agency Grade

What grade would you give the Miami DOLPHIBS Free Agency so far?

• A Team has improved. Should contend for AFC Championship.

Votes: 49 18.6%
  • B Team's Talent Level has stayed relatively neutral. Should contend for AFC East title.

Votes: 153 58.2%
  • C Team's talent level has marginally declined, but we will be competive in the AFC East.

Votes: 53 20.2%
  • D Team will not be competitive in the AFC East.

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • F Fire everyone!!!!!!!!!

Votes: 3 1.1%

• Total voters
I gave it an A because they lost a top DT, a highly talented Guard, a solid Saftie, an underachieving Corner, a good pass-Rusher that plays to the whistle and beyond.

That top DT Wilkins is the only piece right now that we lost on Defense that we've yet to realistically fix in FA, but with what we did do in FA, it made us better at LB and in secondary, while we still could find someone close to Wikins caliber of player in FA or the Draft.

On offense we have no done anything to replace the Guard Hunt, but in getting a TE that can catch and block, it still helped make the.offense better considering how few games Hunt played last year, and of the one's he did, how healthy he was. Still also could find that player as good as Hunt in FA or Draft.

With the moves they have made, Miami could be as good or better then last year right now, before even reaching Draft.

I voted B but probably should have gone with C. The draft will most likely get us back to B.

I'm ok with that. Staying same-same is actually a win with our cap issues.

I think we are a little improved. I think it is remarkable what Grier has done with NO cap space to start with. Whether or not all these new players can acclimate to a cohesive unit is really the question now. I prefer 2-4 guys rotating in on the d-line. It is insurance for injuries and keeping guys more fresh. We all loved Wilkins energy and personality, but not at the price he was paid. At least now, I won't' cringe every time he jumps our players after a TD.
Or gets a roughing penalty for a late QB shove ..

I would definitely say neutral. It's impressive we were able to stay afloat after losing what we lost.

Voted B
Happy to admit Greir and company has done a nice job
Good value players with good talent

I held him accountable for appearing to be unprepared and still think he was not proactive enough but happy with results so far
Optimistic
Nice work
Only criticism I’ve got is no resigning Lamm and Wynn, and not having brought in a guard- but it’s day 4 of FA

Grier was in his bag of tricks this year. Getting 10 players in 3 days, along with 3 (maybe 4) compensatory picks in next years draft while we were sitting at -20M cap space a week ago.

I don't know what other people are looking for in a GM, but that is, at the very least, a damn good week of work for Grier.
I agree, not a big poles voting guy so leaving that alone but I'm stoked we let the high priced FA's walk for comp picks and cap room and that we have addressed so many holes with serviceable if not better vets. Have to remember Grier's job is only harder since the two stud edge guys we do have are injured so we are basically having to re-address a position that had been or will eventually be covered again. For holes at edge, DL, LB, CB and safety, just on D, then OL, TE and WR on O, this is an incredible start IMO.

We still have the draft and although limited in picks do have coveted 1st and 2nd rounders. We then will hit FA period # 2 in June when we get the X money back and that is when we will likely extend Tua long-term (team friendly contract pls) and free up even more room. Roster is not close to done but I think we are in as good of a position as we could have hoped for as we get ready for '24.

Then you realize we have 11 or so picks in '25 (8 of those in top 5 rounds) and a bunch of cap space with many of the current additions being deals we can get out of next year, well, that's setting yourself up for a potential very strong run.

Agreed. Too early and we still have the draft. Can't conclude today if we can compete for AFC anything.
I incomplete, ask again later.
Happy Reno 911 GIF by Comedy Central

Look everyone the fun police.

I voted B but A isn't out of the question. Basically A given what he was working with but B because he was the one who gave himself to work with it.

You spin me right round baby right round. :MT

I think we have done the best we could given our cap situation. Would love to add a WR3 like KJ Osborn
Edit: I voted "C". I think we will win the AFC East. Hopefully, we can enter the play-offs w/o tons of injuries.

I never thought we would be able to make the moves that we've made. I think Grier has done a great job with the money they had.

Last edited:
B was my vote, but considering the fact I was expecting the results to be so much worse, I'm going to grade on the curve and give Grier an A-.

We accomplished a staggeringl amount considering that we understood from the beginning that Wilkins, Hunt, and Ginkle were probably leaving.

Hell, just being smart enough to let these three walk, and to not mortgage the future and stupid-pay them gets us ahead of most of our former GMs!

Then... we signed several starters and a bunch of really cheap role players, while preserving the comp picks... AND getting Armstead to renegotiate into a soft landing?

Just incredible work.

Anyone who can't see this... I'm sorry, but either they totally do not understand the finances of the salary cap... or they are a troll... or both.

Back
Top Bottom