Dolphins getting respect on nfl.com poll | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins getting respect on nfl.com poll

one thing we're forgetting is the dolphins lack experience together. this is a completely new team. you rarely see first year headcoaches after drafting so high in the draft, turn his team into immediate contenders. that said, i like where we are... probably the best position possible after Wanny. I think Jacksonville and Cincy will both make the playoffs. I think Leftwich will really come into his own and i like what Marv has done with the defense in Cinci. As for Buffalo.. i really don't expect Losman to do anything, bad o-line, and i don't think losman is that great to begin with.

His Dudeness said:
one thing we're forgetting is the dolphins lack experience together. this is a completely new team. you rarely see first year headcoaches after drafting so high in the draft, turn his team into immediate contenders. that said, i like where we are... probably the best position possible after Wanny. I think Jacksonville and Cincy will both make the playoffs. I think Leftwich will really come into his own and i like what Marv has done with the defense in Cinci. As for Buffalo.. i really don't expect Losman to do anything, bad o-line, and i don't think losman is that great to begin with.

Parcells took dallas to the playoffs his first season with Quincy Carter, I like our chances.

FaninPatsyLand said:
I'm not sure I agree with that. I could see Jacksonville representing the AFC in the Super Bowl. They have an outstanding young team that is only going to improve from last years performance.
i hope not... that means they beat the chiefs... and i hope that doesn't happen this year. :eek:

General Grimmac said:
i hope not... that means they beat the chiefs... and i hope that doesn't happen this year. :eek:

I think Jacksonville is an excellent team, they broke out last year and I only see them improving upon that this upcoming season.

But with that Chiefs offense, they can dismantle any defense in the league.

FinaticPatch said:
Parcells took dallas to the playoffs his first season with Quincy Carter, I like our chances.
He was also in the NFC. :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

I can't believe the 49er's even got votes. :roflmao:

And He's parcells. AND that was a fluke year. as shown from their follow-up year.

FinaticPatch said:
We are in third behind Oakland and Tampa for team most likely to turn around into a playoff team on the front page nfl.com poll.

Thanks for the info. How on earth would we rank behind Tampa? That team has a lot of fundamental problems. The line stinks, Jon Gruden is proving to be a lousy personnel man, and the defense is in decline. Moreover, Brian Griese might be the new Jeff George: a good QB so long as the team isn't going anywhere. Other than that, absolutely, they're better than us. :shakeno:

I also think that JP Losman (and his team, for that matter) is/are getting short shrift from a lot of people on this board, as much as I hate to admit it. I think the Bills gave up too much for him, and he'll probably struggle at first, like almost every other young QB, but he's got a very good support system around him. Also remember that Buffalo went 10-6 last year despite getting pretty mediocre QB play. The defense is good, and they've got a fantastic running game. They don't need Losman to be really good right away to be a good team.

Not trying to prop up the Bills, but I think a little perspective is in order, that's all.

we're better than Oakland, Norv Turner is simply another crappy branch of the Jimmy Johnson coaching tree, he's gonna fail. As for Tampa Bay, I don't really understand what happened there. They won the Super Bowl in Gruden's first season (albeit with tony dungy's team), then they got some bad breaks in 2003, they could have been 10-6 with a few bounces and calls. But last year they really sh*t the bed. I think Gruden is a good coach and he should turn it around this year and get into the playoffs, it is the NFC after all. But if he goes 5-11 or 7-9 again, look for a new guy on the Bucs sideline in 2006.

also, with the raiders, yes they got Randy Moss and Lamont Jordan, but its not like they were one step away from making the playoffs last year, they were 5-11 and personally I think we were a better team than Oakland last season. The Raiders were horrible defensively last season and from what i've seen this offseason, they've done nothing to plug the holes in that pourous unit. The Raiders will disappoint again this season.

FinaticPatch said:
Beating Carolina, Philly and Buffalo and the Jets doesnt make for an easy NFC schedule.
It isn't just the teams you play, its that you can be 8-8 and still have a shot at winning your division. Dallas had one of the SOFTEST defenses in the league, way overrated. If you remember, even we tore them up that season and we fell short of the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom