Dolphins Have $4.8mm Cap Space Going to $23.3mm June 1, Next Year Down From ~$65mm to $35mm | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Have $4.8mm Cap Space Going to $23.3mm June 1, Next Year Down From ~$65mm to $35mm

dunno. but they have conversations about money prior to the meeting, so whatever happened with the money was probably no surprise for either side. dolphins probably said this is what we can pay, if you cant do better, come back to us
I don't necessarily disagree, but I also don't think OBJ is a top dollar receiver, not even close. He obviously thinks he's worth more. I think his ego which has caused problems in the NFL, is in play here. It's a good situation for him here not having to be the #1, which may also be a part of the problem. If they had already talked $$$ why come down, you know the offer already?

But what does Chubb and Armstead save as a post June 1st cuts?

Armstead Post June 1st saves $14.3m

Chubb post June 1st saves $20.4m
Dammit!

I always forget to click on the post June numbers.

Whoopsies.

I still think Chubb returns unless he struggles to come back from his injury.

Dammit!

Whoopsies.

Yeah... Chubb is signed through '27, I think. Edges are expensive... he'll remain if he's healthy.

Dammit!

Whoopsies.

You got to remember, Tua's new deal while it potentially saves in 2024; it'll be much more in 2025. Potentially counting as much as $50m? Miami is going to need to account for that. So Chubb may not be as safe as, some may think. Armstead IMHO is as good as gone.

You got to remember, Tua's new deal while it potentially saves in 2024; it'll be much more in 2025. Potentially counting as much as $50m? Miami is going to need to account for that. So Chubb may not be as safe as, some may think. Armstead IMHO is as good as gone.
They also will need to extend Waddle, Phillips and Holland.

No clue... but it doesn't really matter. Whoever it is... he's just a backup plan if the draft doesn't go our way.

Teams always have a disaster list.

We'll call you if we have an injury.
I know there is more going on. Have a good source. But for some reason he won't say who the player is. So it is more than the avg chump. I guess we will see what goes down

I don't necessarily disagree, but I also don't think OBJ is a top dollar receiver, not even close. He obviously thinks he's worth more. I think his ego which has caused problems in the NFL, is in play here. It's a good situation for him here not having to be the #1, which may also be a part of the problem. If they had already talked $$$ why come down, you know the offer already?
They always talk money beforehand. Sometimes still meet knowing they are apart on terms. Get the due diligence out of the way, then if either party ready to go, they can do the deal right away. Benefits both sides.

That's assuming we don't just let him play out the option year.

I get the feeling that we may be playing hard ball here. A respectable, but not top teir contract. It may be a take it or leave it situation.

Given the circumstances, we have the leverage.

Sure it is a risk to both sides, but I think the higher risk is Tua's.

That's assuming we don't just let him play out the option year.

I get the feeling that we may be playing hard ball here. A respectable, but not top teir contract. It may be a take it or leave it situation.

Given the circumstances, we have the leverage.

Sure it is a risk to both sides, but I think the higher risk is Tua's.
i agree. it is interesting what these QB deals have come to. still not sure there is anyone beyond mahomes that can make it work at that price. dallas now seems to be playing hardball w dak prescott too which is smart in my view.

Get back to football my friends

We will not be debating those subjects

I wonder who this is? My guess is has to be Dalton Risner, because I cannot think of who is even left out there and available, unless it is Connor Williams, who I thought was hurt so badly it is unclear if he can even play:

▪ The Dolphins have maintained communication with at least one free agent guard who started for another team last season and said they might circle back to the player after the draft. The player asked not to be identified.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article286450195.html#storylink=cpy

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom