Dolphins Have As Good A Chance As Any Of Seven Remaining Teams For 6th Spot | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Have As Good A Chance As Any Of Seven Remaining Teams For 6th Spot

gerrym51

Active Roster
Reaction score
Incredible as it may seem=the dolphins have as good a chance as any of seven remaining teams for 6th spot.

They ALL have weaknesses and do bloopers when you least expect and wins when you least expect. The fans of those teams are pulling their hair out just like we are.

As far as losing in the first round-this is the NFL-the on any given Sunday rule happens all the time. However you don't have a chance if your not in the playoffs to begin with.

I am playing for 2018-not a better draft pick in 2019. If Osweiller is the quarterback-then he's the quarterback. The best would be Tannehill back but he's not here.

i see Fales post-but he has actually no track record. He could be a winning machine or an interception machine. We are still in the hunt.

If they do, road wild card game at Houston or (worse) Pittsburgh incoming. I've seen that movie before.
You're right. They should cut the playoffs back to just division winners, because making the playoffs as a wildcard is pointless.
[/sarcasm]

We have a game against Indianapolis-which is another team in the hunt.Then no others against teams in the 6th slot hunt-i think.

bengals-ravens-browns-broncos are all playing each other and titans and colts to smaller degree. Everybody is going to be losing to somebody. I still think 8-8 with tie breakers is the name of the game. we are not dead yet

And we have a much better than average chance of getting punted in the first game if we do happen to luck into the wild card.

Call me an optamist but I don't think you can win meaningful games in the N F L against competitive teams unless you bring more than a BB gun to combat. Just seems we're chronically "scoreboard challenged" and last time I checked -- our D was not quite up to the '85 Bears standard, so maybe it would help if our O wizzer could cypher a way to ding the scoreboard early and often?

But I know -- we have like 95% of our roster on IR and we're down to 3 crippled OL "journeymen" with our 9th string QB! Good thing we kept 10 QBs start of the season! That was a genius move in retrospect! It was also a brilliant move to draft a young stud @QB because counting on RT seems to be a tad suspect at this point. Truth is we're very fortunate to have such high-performance chaps running our FO and filling our coaches ranks. If we make the playoffs with a BB gun -- I think we could terrorize a few cheerleaders along the way!

JK.

Our bag of stop secret plays is just about to be unleashed!

>>> light 'em up boys! <<<

:)

Incredible as it may seem=the dolphins have as good a chance as any of seven remaining teams for 6th spot.

They ALL have weaknesses and do bloopers when you least expect and wins when you least expect. The fans of those teams are pulling their hair out just like we are.

As far as losing in the first round-this is the NFL-the on any given Sunday rule happens all the time. However you don't have a chance if your not in the playoffs to begin with.

I am playing for 2018-not a better draft pick in 2019. If Osweiller is the quarterback-then he's the quarterback. The best would be Tannehill back but he's not here.

i see Fales post-but he has actually no track record. He could be a winning machine or an interception machine. We are still in the hunt.

As good a chance as other teams, mathematically

Aside from the Dolphins being the Dolphins, the Colts are the most difficult team left on our schedule. Everyone else is beatable.

Beat the Colts.

I'd feel better about this if RT was back.

If Tanny is 90% or better health wise and finishes out the season, I think we still have a shot. If he can't go, I'm throwing in the towel and would much rather see Fales start. No reason NOT to start Fales, at least we determine if hes a viable backup next season or a lost cause. He can't be worse than Brock.

I didn’t want to be a downer but some of you already mentioned it. Why make playoffs to get embarrassed in first round. This organization needs to just evaluate what’s on roster and come up with a plan to build a winner. 1974 was a long time ago

I didn’t want to be a downer but some of you already mentioned it. Why make playoffs to get embarrassed in first round. This organization needs to just evaluate what’s on roster and come up with a plan to build a winner. 1974 was a long time ago

That's easy to answer. Anyone who predicted 8-8 (as I did) or worse (I think there was a 2-14) HAS to see a playoff spot as progress. Yeah, may lose in the playoffs (didn't Dan lose one something like 62-10?), but getting there would be more than most expected. And that would be WITH injuries. I gey it that the playoffs means a higher draft pick and almost a lock on missing a top QB. I get it would damage the position of some Miami is a terrible team. But, a playoff spot is progress. embarrassed or not, it's something a lot of teams couldn't say. even 'in the hunt' makes Miami the envy of quite a few.

That's easy to answer. Anyone who predicted 8-8 (as I did) or worse (I think there was a 2-14) HAS to see a playoff spot as progress. Yeah, may lose in the playoffs (didn't Dan lose one something like 62-10?), but getting there would be more than most expected. And that would be WITH injuries. I gey it that the playoffs means a higher draft pick and almost a lock on missing a top QB. I get it would damage the position of some Miami is a terrible team. But, a playoff spot is progress. embarrassed or not, it's something a lot of teams couldn't say. even 'in the hunt' makes Miami the envy of quite a few.

I like your incorporation of the word "progress," which I do NOT see the current vintage personifying in any meaningful way. We've stumbled to a 5-5 record and have looked IMO for the most part pretty bad in the process -- certainly NOT what I'd hoped for with our vaunted o wizzer running the show along with a retooled roster ready for prime time.

This team has found a way to win meaningless games along the way and consistently under-perform in games that really make a statement -- one way or another. Until we find a way to PROGRESS beyond that oscillation -- and start playing highly competent, competitive ball in critical games and critical times -- the end result is gonna be more of the same.

That said, I think most fans simply default to the future in order to maintain some degree of hope and optimism about the team -- so we're already looking at the draft and NOT at some irrelevant playoff appearance and subsequent spanking.

Bottom line IMO -- making the playoffs is no great prize. Getting into the MIX with a team that can reasonably compete is what I'm looking for.

You're right. They should cut the playoffs back to just division winners, because making the playoffs as a wildcard is pointless.
[/sarcasm]

if we made the playoffs it would be nothing short of a miracle. I'm hopeful we do!! I just get what he is saying here. First round exits on the road. That's a tough pill to swallow each and every time and makes the offseason that much longer. The injuries this year are an anomaly that are tough to plan for.

Back
Top Bottom