Dolphins Have Easiest Strength of Schedule in AFC East & 24th Toughest In League | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Have Easiest Strength of Schedule in AFC East & 24th Toughest In League

Easier schedule yet the NFL still managed to screw us against the Bills which should be our biggest home game again this year by taking away our home advantage giving us a night game on Thursday night.
The Bills will likely get all their tough games at home again this year. They should have to melt Week two in the Miami sun, not get a short week night game.

I am surprised that we only have the 24th toughest schedule. On paper it seems like a very difficult schedule.

Excluding our own division.

AFC games @ Texans, @ Browns, @ Colts. 2 of the 3 were playoff teams and the Colts were on the playof cusp with a backup QB.

NFC games 49ers, @ Rams @ Packers and @ Seahawks. 3 of the 4 were playoff teams and Seattle is one of the toughest venues.

The key to our success will be to dominate our own division which we need to win anyway. I am thinking 5-1 or 6-0.
YES!

That strength of schedule stuff isn't what it was before. Too many teams shift nowadays during the offseason and what might've seemed easy becomes a nightmare in difficulty for one reason or another...

They can take the easy schedule stuff and

**** Off Star Trek GIF
There's always a surprise 2+ teams in the playoffs every year...which means there are 2+ that blew it, and their season-end SOS will all be vastly different than the pre-season one.

These easy/tough schedule interpretations are likely B/S because some teams make significant improvement from the previous season. It is not entirely predictable. For example, last year the Houston Texans were considered to be easybeats because of their performance the year before, but they just happened to win their division. Each year is different and changes in playing personnel and coaching help to make it less predictable.

These easy/tough schedule interpretations are likely B/S because some teams make significant improvement from the previous season. It is not entirely predictable. For example, last year the Houston Texans were considered to be easybeats because of their performance the year before, but they just happened to win their division. Each year is different and changes in playing personnel and coaching help to make it less predictable.
Every year is like this at the beginning of the season, it really is meaningless. It has a bit more merit in the second half of the season when thing start to settle.

Easiest AFC East schedule means squat. It's just logic. Miami plays the 2nd place teams. Buffalo plays the 1st place teams. Therefore our schedule should be easier than the Bills. As for NE or the Jets. They have easier schedules outside the AFC East, however, they play Miami twice while we play them twice which on paper are easier games for us.

Agree about beating the Bills.
We must be a minimum of 4-2 in our division and that means sweeping someone. Pats might be easiest to sweep.
I think the Colts are beatable. Richardson only played like 10 QB games in college and maybe 5 last year before hurt (better double check my memory).
We collapsed against the Titans more so than they beat us.
One play at a time and one game at a time but we should be in every game.

Miami gave away 3 games

It only matters for a bit but nice to know that going in. Imagine if we can keep most of our starters healthy......

I think this might be misleading. Throw the Pats out, because they don't get to play themselves. Jets/Bills/Dolphins all play the Pats twice. Beyond that, Jets/Bills/Dolphins should all have roughly the same schedule, with only 1 or 2 games being different, I forget how it all works. Point being, the differences in the schedules vs their AFC east competition is very small. Granted that one game often matters. If the Bills get KC, and instead the Dolphins get a chump team (which I doubt I suspect we get someone decent), it could matter. But without specifics, tough for me to think there is much real difference. Then of course, you are relying on last year, when you never really know for sure who is good and bad until the season gets going. Do you have the specifics of where the Dolphins schedule is actually different from the Jets and Bills?

I think this might be misleading. Throw the Pats out, because they don't get to play themselves. Jets/Bills/Dolphins all play the Pats twice. Beyond that, Jets/Bills/Dolphins should all have roughly the same schedule, with only 1 or 2 games being different, I forget how it all works. Point being, the differences in the schedules vs their AFC east competition is very small. Granted that one game often matters. If the Bills get KC, and instead the Dolphins get a chump team (which I doubt I suspect we get someone decent), it could matter. But without specifics, tough for me to think there is much real difference. Then of course, you are relying on last year, when you never really know for sure who is good and bad until the season gets going. Do you have the specifics of where the Dolphins schedule is actually different from the Jets and Bills?
Jets play 3rd place teams, we play 2nd and Bills play 1st. That's in it's simplest form, outside of the 3 divisions that we all play (AFC East, another AFC division and a NFC division). Too lazy to look those divisions up.

Back
Top Bottom