Dolphins Have Easiest Strength of Schedule in AFC East & 24th Toughest In League | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Have Easiest Strength of Schedule in AFC East & 24th Toughest In League

6 games vs playoffs teams. So I don't really buy the strength of schedule crap.

I think this might be misleading. Throw the Pats out, because they don't get to play themselves. Jets/Bills/Dolphins all play the Pats twice. Beyond that, Jets/Bills/Dolphins should all have roughly the same schedule, with only 1 or 2 games being different, I forget how it all works. Point being, the differences in the schedules vs their AFC east competition is very small. Granted that one game often matters. If the Bills get KC, and instead the Dolphins get a chump team (which I doubt I suspect we get someone decent), it could matter. But without specifics, tough for me to think there is much real difference. Then of course, you are relying on last year, when you never really know for sure who is good and bad until the season gets going. Do you have the specifics of where the Dolphins schedule is actually different from the Jets and Bills?
They seemed to have gone out of their way to make the Bills and Dolphins schedules as similar as possible. The AFC South, and NFC West are against the same teams but we actually play the same home vs away schedule as the Bills against both of those divisions. We both get Jax, and Ten at home and Indy and Hou on the road. We both get SF and Ari at home and LAR and Sea on the road.

The only difference in the schedules are the three games against the AFC North, AFC West, and NFC North. The games against the AFC

Mia at CLE - Bills at Bal
Mia v LV - Bills v KC
Mia at GB - Bills at Det

Those three games are the difference between the 6th hardest (Bills) and 24th hardest (Dolphins) schedules.

Here are the main differences between all the AFC East teams. Everything else is home vs away against the AFC South and NFC West. Pats get screwed because of Cin and LAC down years. Jets get the easiest of the bunch.

1715945873255.png

24th easiest schedule based on what?
What happened last year?
So with months to go before the season starts and not taking into account changes in playing staff, the draft, changes in coaching staff, who plays who at what time of year.
Usual tripe using statistics to form a far to early “fact”

They seemed to have gone out of their way to make the Bills and Dolphins schedules as similar as possible. The AFC South, and NFC West are against the same teams but we actually play the same home vs away schedule as the Bills against both of those divisions. We both get Jax, and Ten at home and Indy and Hou on the road. We both get SF and Ari at home and LAR and Sea on the road.

The only difference in the schedules are the three games against the AFC North, AFC West, and NFC North. The games against the AFC

Mia at CLE - Bills at Bal
Mia v LV - Bills v KC
Mia at GB - Bills at Det

Those three games are the difference between the 6th hardest (Bills) and 24th hardest (Dolphins) schedules.
thanks. seems like one substantial area of difference. LV for us, KC for them.

thanks. seems like one substantial area of difference. LV for us, KC for them.
Just one game and it is offset (IMO) by GB vs Det. That is why using records is the wrong way to look at it.

Just pretend that the records last season were:

Bal - 16-1
Clev - 12-5

That is a huge swing in the number of wins of their opponents but it is still one game and games that the Bills and Dolphins will likely be the underdog in. In other words, no difference on the impact to the two W/L records.

I love it.
But I don't buy into that toughest schedule crap.
We will know how hard the schedule was at the end of the season, though. - LOL

Rather than basing these things on last year's records they should base it on the over/under for each team. I think that would be a more accurate reflection because those Vegas guys are usually very close with their numbers.

Rather than basing these things on last year's records they should base it on the over/under for each team. I think that would be a more accurate reflection because those Vegas guys are usually very close with their numbers.
Why not just let the "Mob" print out their estimate of the schedule difficulty? - LOL

It only matters for a bit but nice to know that going in. Imagine if we can keep most of our starters healthy......

The last games of the season by week 13 look like a tough stretch tho

They could be, but a lot can happen until then.

Are we facing Aaron Rodgers twice or Jordan Travis?
That's true, Aaron might not hold up late in the season. Apparently finheaven get's glitchy. I was trying to post with my previous reply a few times, but it kept buffering and never sent. So I refreshed page only to send again. Same thing again. So I logged out , then logged back in. Turns out my posts did send which caused it to send out my replies, which I then deleted the extra ones

Last edited:
Why not just let the "Mob" print out their estimate of the schedule difficulty? - LOL

Back
Top Bottom