Dolphins have more time to make decisions on three key veterans. Where things stand. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins have more time to make decisions on three key veterans. Where things stand.

AL R

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
A six-pack of Dolphins notes on a Thursday:

▪ Last year, the Dolphins had to make quick decisions on several veterans because of snug salary cap space (Miami had less than $6 million in early March of 2019) and contract stipulations that called for DeVante Parker, Danny Amendola, Robert Quinn, Josh Sitton and Kiko Alonso to be guaranteed more money if they were on the team by certain dates by mid March.

This season, there are no such deadlines for the three most prominent Dolphins veterans on the bubble, and that - combined with the Dolphins already having substantial cap room - gives Miami some flexibility with the timing.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...y-jackson/article239560853.html#storylink=cpy

A six-pack of Dolphins notes on a Thursday:

▪ Last year, the Dolphins had to make quick decisions on several veterans because of snug salary cap space (Miami had less than $6 million in early March of 2019) and contract stipulations that called for DeVante Parker, Danny Amendola, Robert Quinn, Josh Sitton and Kiko Alonso to be guaranteed more money if they were on the team by certain dates by mid March.

This season, there are no such deadlines for the three most prominent Dolphins veterans on the bubble, and that - combined with the Dolphins already having substantial cap room - gives Miami some flexibility with the timing.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...y-jackson/article239560853.html#storylink=cpy
Thanks for posting Albert! Complete 180 from last year...

Without disabling my adblocker and actually reading the article...

Kilgore, Jones, and Wilson?

Does anyone remember Tae Hayes at the end of season? I dont recall at all

so many cb’s were shuffling in and out because of injuries, I think he played well in the NE game? I also felt like we had a bunch of street guys playing against the Bengals... was honestly shocked it took their O so long to get going.

Do I remember him exactly?

No... but I remember that the group of guys were like a bunch of irritating gnats. They were everywhere... I think we have a better group of CBs than most think. I'd bring in a slot guy and call it a day.

What on Earth do they see with Kilgore? Boehm seemed to immediately improve the line when filling in for him, I don't get it.

If Reshad was actually healthy and willing to restructure, I would want him back.

Wilson hopefully restructures as well as he started to regain form.

I can see us moving on from Reshad Jones. He's been a Dolphin for a very long time but delivered zilch for the team last season before he went onto IR. Yes, there's a cap hit but we are cashed up.

So they might move McCain back to nickel. Lol. Duh. That was dumb from the start. Though I guess they figured they didn’t have any better options at safety.

So they might move McCain back to nickel. Lol. Duh. That was dumb from the start. Though I guess they figured they didn’t have any better options at safety.
Minkah was the option at S but we’ve beat that into oblivion. I want Jones back. Especially if he restructures. Only 31. He is an impact player. Colonel Kilgore - meh. Wilson? He got better as the year went on - perhaps he gets to 100% by week 1.

So looks like we are still in the negative if we cut Jones. I thought that was done with after this season. Oh well since if I'm reading correctly we still are in the negative 600K even if we cut him, i say you might as well just hold on to him. his reserve will get some playing time and experience at some point this season when his shoulder goes out again.

Kilgore i would def say bring back at that contract. If rookie and boehm beat him out in training camp then cut him early in preseason so you'll offer him the chance to pick up somewhere else.

Albert Wilson did pick it up at the end of last year and looked like he was getting some of his explosiveness back even if it looked like he lost some of his top end speed. A restructure would be ideal though IMO. I have faith in Parker duplicating his numbers, we dont know for sure Prestons status and how he'll come back, at this point you can almost consider Gesicki a wr. i think we need the shiftiness of Wilson to offset the big frames of the other 3, i just dont know about for $9 million.

I really think a Wilson re structure is likely, with some combination of incentives to be fair. I hope he is here. (Especially of those three).

Kilgore may be kept only at of necessity if we can’t find an upgrade this year and they like his Locker room presence , but can’t see him here beyond 2020. Bohem seemed ok initially but I don’t think he graded out well after and was essentially benched.

I think Jones will be gone.

Back
Top Bottom