Dolphins Hc Brian Flores: 'every Team's Rebuilding' | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Hc Brian Flores: 'every Team's Rebuilding'

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
images

If a rebuild is underway for the Miami Dolphins -- as most believe is the case -- rookie head coach Brian Flores isn't all that enamored with the term.

Accustomed to success after working his way up the coaching ranks for the New England Patriots and departing following a Super Bowl victory over the Rams, Flores takes on a Dolphins team coming off a 7-9 season that has accumulated extra draft picks and seen veterans aplenty depart.

However, when asked by NFL Network's Judy Battista if the team was rebuilding, Flores' take was that everybody's rebuilding -- every year.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...lphins-hc-brian-flores-every-teams-rebuilding

This is just a personal take on Flores, I wish he wouldn't try to protect what he says so much. This reporter was trying her best to avoid saying "are you tanking", you are getting rid of veterans and gaining picks yadda yadda yadda, and he just doesn't veer outside the corporate lines. I don't think he is being dishonest he just couches his answers in this PC Cocoon. Just say "yeah, these veterans were costing millions against the cap and we could get younger players by maneuvering through the draft" or whatever, quit with the bullshit.

Last edited:
This is just a personal take on Flores, I wish he wouldn't try to protect what he says so much. This reporter was trying her best to say are you tanking, you are getting rid of veterans and gaining picks yadda yadda yadda, and he just doesn't veer outside the corporate lines. I don't think he is being dishonest he just couches his answers in this PC Cocoon. Just say "yeah, these veterans were costing millions against the cap and we could get younger players by maneuvering through the draft" or whatever, quit with the bullshit.

Lol, What did you want him to say? Yeah! We're tanking?

This is just a personal take on Flores, I wish he wouldn't try to protect what he says so much. This reporter was trying her best to say are you tanking, you are getting rid of veterans and gaining picks yadda yadda yadda, and he just doesn't veer outside the corporate lines. I don't think he is being dishonest he just couches his answers in this PC Cocoon. Just say "yeah, these veterans were costing millions against the cap and we could get younger players by maneuvering through the draft" or whatever, quit with the bullshit.
He can't actually say that the team is tanking, even if that is the plan, because the NFL is all about presenting a quality product, ratings and integrity. Commissioner Goodell could take away our 1st round Draft pick next season.

Lol, What did you want him to say? Yeah! We're tanking?

Just answer the question. She didn't ask if they were tanking, she asked about getting rid of veterans and rebuilding. He can just get a personality.

(I should have said she tried her best to avoid saying "are you tanking")

He says more than the guy he previously worked for.

I disagree. It was an unnecessary question that was posed for the sole purpose of having a quote for an article.

He went out of his way to answer with out being disrespectful, when he was probably thinking "get out of my face with that nonsense".

Actually not difficult to see it as not protecting anything, but Its sadly just the Truth.

Like he said every team tries to bring in players to help improve (build) the team. Sad fact is Miami as a team needs more players than less, and even more than most other teams due to the decades of ineptitude of that so called plugging holes (or rebuilding a few bricks here and there, when actually as we know the whole foundation (SYSTEM) needs massive overhaul)...

He most likely and understandably will go out there trying to win every game, just in reality the amount of upgrade to strengthen this team can not come in a season for even a Shula or a Lombardi to be successful enough, and thats not a mystery...

He's just saying whats pretty damn obvious, but in a way that still has some level of dignity and not exhibiting the complete and utter need of blowing up and putting together a team that is truthfully not in the mentally stable "we are going to kick your butt " stage and not wanting to promote even more of that losing energy of ' Ya we suck, we're losers and we ain't going to even try attitude...

So far signs of Flores ability as little as they been show we may have really lucked out with a guy who at minimum is miles ahead of us in the approach. And if he can put out and run a team on Sundays with some of this natural insight shown, We as Dolphins fans could have scored BIG TIME with Flores.....

Getting the #1 pick ? Damn a a couple more loses and one less miracle and this team could have had the #1 pick this year...

And " IF " we get our QB in next months draft, we could see the current plan kicked up a notch or two for that need being filled and 2020 QB class possibly not in the cards ....

The word tanking has negative connotations and suggests something unprofessional and underhanded.
There are various levels of rebuilding depending on your roster. If your current roster of overpaid veterans is resulting in mediocrity, you move on from them and build through the draft. Thats not tanking.
Every team is rebuilding to some extent every year simply becaue free agency dictates that you do
For instance, the Pats have to rebuild much of their defensive line due to the departure of Flowers and Brown. They also lost one of their top OTs so Oline is also a priority for them.

And " IF " we get our QB in next months draft, we could see the current plan kicked up a notch or two for that need being filled and 2020 QB class possibly not in the cards ....

god I hope not.

You boys and girls have to understand Brian Flores is a winner. Do you actually think he is not going to try to win? My God people wake up. He did not come here to jerk-off and say let's lose boys as many as we can. Who wants that on their resume. So he will prepare them to win every game. Will they? Probably not. But, I will say this go get a QB in this draft whoever it is, let him learn by watching, play mop-up if he can. Build the offensive lines and defensive lines with best available this draft and next with all the picks we have in 2020, get another QB there and build by getting a RB, WR, and Secondary personnel that fits our scheme. Grab left-overs off waivers and cut players from other teams for cheap. Do exactly as we did in 2008. No name players, a Gun Slinging smart QB (not Pennington though his arm was crap), and above-average defense with some pieces on offense and we win 11 with our roster if everyone stays healthy. This staff is not going to tolerate losing, they came to win and prove their worth as they our all Champions the entire whole staff has a championship to their name. I am excited because we have nothing to lose, go out and DO YOUR ****ING JOB and let the games begin. Why would they not want to win? Who says they don't and still they do good this year and re-boot and do it again next year. Consistency is the name of the game and that is what they lack for many years. So some people want to go 2-14 or worse what is the fun in that? Remember 1-15? That was dismal. They play this sport we love so much all of us to win the game. So go out an win as many as you can. What if they go 3-13 to 5-11 the next 3 years will you be happy? **** no you won't because its the same **** over over again. But, what if they go 11-5 to 14-2 the next 4 years and win some playoff games and get to the Super Bowl. Wouldn't you feel amazing? So why not try to. It makes no sense to just give up. I have been a Dolphins fan since 1982 (age 12) I went to 2 Super Bowls in California in my lifetime to see losses and I love them win or lose that is what we as fans want for our beloved team. So let's all root hard for wins and see where 2019 ends up. GO DOLPHINS!!! Be excited!!!

This is just a personal take on Flores, I wish he wouldn't try to protect what he says so much. This reporter was trying her best to avoid saying "are you tanking", you are getting rid of veterans and gaining picks yadda yadda yadda, and he just doesn't veer outside the corporate lines. I don't think he is being dishonest he just couches his answers in this PC Cocoon. Just say "yeah, these veterans were costing millions against the cap and we could get younger players by maneuvering through the draft" or whatever, quit with the bullshit.

To be expected.

Dude was nurtured in the most opaque pro sports org ever!

Back
Top Bottom